2018-2019 Around the league thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
- Manning @ 2.250 (That is 1.1 million dollars too high)
That's about 2.240 million too high for my liking lol. He's a disaster.

Apparently he's Kerfoot two years into the future.
At least Kerfoot puts up somewhat meaningless points. Spooner just skates around the ice trying to look cool with his fancy skating technique lol. Dude was a healthy scratch tonight.

Reactions: S E P H

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
At least Kerfoot puts up somewhat meaningless points. Spooner just skates around the ice trying to look cool with his fancy skating technique lol. Dude was a healthy scratch tonight.

But you see, when Spooner signed his deal he wasn't this.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
That's about 2.240 million too high for my liking lol. He's a disaster.

Kerfoot has been ass for awhile now. He’s not putting up any points nonetheless useless points.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Chicago lost, St. Louis lost, Dallas is down 2-0 to LA, Minny is down 3-0 to Anaheim. Except for Nashville and Winnipeg this division is pathetic. It's like everyone decided they didn't want to make the playoffs, but they're all deciding to one-up each other and lose more so Dallas / Minny / Colorado can't fall out of a playoff berth, no matter how hard they try.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Chicago lost, St. Louis lost, Dallas is down 2-0 to LA, Minny is down 3-0 to Anaheim. Except for Nashville and Winnipeg this division is pathetic. It's like everyone decided they didn't want to make the playoffs, but they're all deciding to one-up each other and lose more so Dallas / Minny / Colorado can't fall out of a playoff berth, no matter how hard they try.
And despite all that sucking from everyone, we're just one point away from being kicked out of a playoff spot by the Oilers. One single point.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
And despite all that sucking from everyone, we're just one point away from being kicked out of a playoff spot by the Oilers. One single point.

Dallas is about to lose, so we're actually going to take their third central spot due to games played. We're safe! :laugh:

Reactions: RareDangles

Soedy

All Hail Cale
Nov 27, 2012
Hamburg, Germany
If we just played average... oh man we would have basically clinched... just imagine, wins against Jets and Flames, 3 more points against CHI, one more against ARI and one more against LA. And that's just the last month.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
If we just played average... oh man we would have basically clinched... just imagine, wins against Jets and Flames, 3 more points against CHI, one more against ARI and one more against LA. And that's just the last month.
If we just had .900 goaltending this past 6 weeks we would have already clinched. :help:

That's how underwhelming the Central is this season. Watch the Blues becoming no. 3 in the Division because nobody else want to.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
How the Red Wings can build a contender during Dylan...

Interesting read, a bit of a counter point to your argument for Detroit trading Larkin. @cgf

I don't have a subscription to the athletic, care to give me the-bulletpoints / a-summary? Cause I just don't see that team becoming a contender before that contract is in its last year or two; by which point Larkin's peak could already be behind him or about to happen...and you know how I feel about plans that bank on winning a cup with only 1 or 2 seasons during which you'll have everything in place to win.

I like their more recent drafting a lot more than I did their drafting earlier in the decade; so with 2 top -6 or -7 picks this year and another tank or two (read two), I'd like their pieces & the way those pieces' timelines meshed. But if they're working off of Larkin's timeline that bullseye they'd have to hit becomes smaller & smaller...unless they think he can be best player on a cup winner, which I don't. I don't think they have that caliber a player yet...which is why I think it's dumb to marry themselves to any specific timeline.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't have a subscription to the athletic, care to give me the-bulletpoints / a-summary? Cause I just don't see that team becoming a contender before that contract is in its last year or two; by which point Larkin's peak could already be behind him or about to happen...and you know how I feel about plans that bank on winning a cup with only 1 or 2 seasons during which you'll have everything in place to win.

I like their more recent drafting a lot more than I did their drafting earlier in the decade; so with 2 top -6 or -7 picks this year and another tank or two (read two), I'd like their pieces & the way those pieces' timelines meshed. But if they're working off of Larkin's timeline that bullseye they'd have to hit becomes smaller & smaller...unless they think he can be best player on a cup winner, which I don't. I don't think they have that caliber a player yet...which is why I think it's dumb to marry themselves to any specific timeline.

There is still some holes, and big ones by that time lets just say that. The article is extremely long. They end up needing a top line winger, and a top pair D. It highlights that it is possible, but also kind of highlights how difficult it would be to. So thinking about it some more it also kind of helps your point.

IMG_3796.jpg

That game score stat has its flaws, and Zadina should be higher if he pans out. The one on the left is an average for the top 8 teams in the NHL today. (Tampa Bay, Toronto, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Winnipeg, San Jose and Washington)

Here is Dom's article on game score Measuring Single Game Productivity: An Introduction To Game Score

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There is still some holes, and big ones by that time lets just say that. The article is extremely long. They end up needing a top line winger, and a top pair D. It highlights that it is possible, but also kind of highlights how difficult it would be to. So thinking about it some more it also kind of helps your point.

IMG_3796.jpg

That game score stat has its flaws, and Zadina should be higher if he pans out. The one on the left is an average for the top 8 teams in the NHL today. (Tampa Bay, Toronto, Calgary, Pittsburgh, Nashville, Winnipeg, San Jose and Washington)

Here is Dom's article on game score Measuring Single Game Productivity: An Introduction To Game Score

I guess I just don’t see Larkin, even at his peak, as the best player on a cup winner. So unless that missing blueliner is a Norris caliber guy, I don’t really see it, and even if they get Byram & he does prove to be that caliber a blueliner they’re going to have a small window where Byram is ready to be the best player on a cup winner & Larkin is still good enough to be the best center...if he ever is...

That’s why I think getting Byram with their own pick & Cozens/Dach/Turcotte with the OTT pick, while also picking up a top 4 RHD prospect & some secondary pieces, would make a lot of sense for them. They’d be well positioned to tank for that ‘best player on a cup winner’ next year & the year after, while giving those young blueliners time to grow into their roles and be ready for that superstar with a strong supporting cast once they do land one.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I guess I just don’t see Larkin, even at his peak, as the best player on a cup winner. So unless that missing blueliner is a Norris caliber guy, I don’t really see it, and even if they get Byram & he does prove to be that caliber a blueliner they’re going to have a small window where Byram is ready to be the best player on a cup winner & Larkin is still good enough to be the best center...if he ever is...

That’s why I think getting Byram with their own pick & Cozens/Dach/Turcotte with the OTT pick, while also picking up a top 4 RHD prospect & some secondary pieces, would make a lot of sense for them. They’d be well positioned to tank for that ‘best player on a cup winner’ next year & the year after, while giving those young blueliners time to grow into their roles and be ready for that superstar with a strong supporting cast once they do land one.

Yeah it definitely highlights how it might be a good idea to split that asset the way we did with Duchene.

Reactions: cgf

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've no idea the context for this discussion but that Detroit line-up is f***ing depressing and would never do anything.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I've no idea the context for this discussion but that Detroit line-up is ****ing depressing and would never do anything.

Yeah, if Larkin is your 2nd best Center & Mantha/Zadina your second best winger, then you could have a scary forward core, but none of them are the kind of top tier elite talent you can build a contender around. Ditto Hronek, Cholo & McIsaac on the blueline; they’re good pieces, but not “build around” pieces. They’re still hunting those.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
So Johansen only gets 2 games. Something like that, I probably would have dished out 5+.

I don't care if it wasn't intentional on his part, you can't be that reckless with your stick.

Reactions: klozge

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Was reading an interesting thread on the main board and found this...

- The Rangers made the trade with Arizona for the 7th overall pick in the 2017 Entry Draft with the full intention and expectation that Elias Pettersson would be on the board at their pick.

- The best defenseman the Wings drafted in the 15 drafts between 2001 and 2015 was Kyle Quincey. Also, the pick that Red Wings traded to get Quincey back from Tampa Bay via Colorado became Andrei Vasilevskiy.

- Gordie Howe was a Rangers prospect until he left the organization due to internal "bullying".

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Was reading an interesting thread on the main board and found this...

- The Rangers made the trade with Arizona for the 7th overall pick in the 2017 Entry Draft with the full intention and expectation that Elias Pettersson would be on the board at their pick.
They then drafted whoever was almost Elias Pettersson and ended up with Lias Andersson.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
So Johansen only gets 2 games. Something like that, I probably would have dished out 5+.

I don't care if it wasn't intentional on his part, you can't be that reckless with your stick.
It was clearly intentional imo. But that's what the NHL has become. Garbage refs, garbage DOPS... it's sickening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad