2018-2019 Around the league thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
The Ekblad contract was stupid. Florida extended him one year in advance for 7.5, even if Ekblad would have developed into a top pairing stud he wouldn't have been worth more. The Panthers took all the risk without barely having anything to win in the deal.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Dang lost the article for now , but it was centered around Toews going home to Winnipeg and Trouba going the other way .

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The Ekblad contract was stupid. Florida extended him one year in advance for 7.5, even if Ekblad would have developed into a top pairing stud he wouldn't have been worth more. The Panthers took all the risk without barely having anything to win in the deal.

The supposed analytics minds who ran things into the ground after a resurgent year in Florida didn't take into account what Ekblad would look like the moment they took Campbell off his pairing.

Again, I'm convinced Ekblad is nothing more than another Dion Phaneuf. Good, but not good enough to build your franchise's blueline corps around.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Not saying Ekblad is gonna have the same trajectory as Mack or anything but both were in kinda the same situation when they signed their contracts. 1oa pick, Calder winners with disappointing seasons afterwards.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I'll believe it when I see it but Fertitta appears to be serious about bringing a team there.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I'll believe it when I see it but Fertitta appears to be serious about bringing a team there.

As we said in the past, he absolutely has the funds and seems like an owner really, really, really dedicated to his sports teams (in a good way). This could be a big damper for the Coyotes fans if these rumours turn out to be true.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
As we said in the past, he absolutely has the funds and seems like an owner really, really, really dedicated to his sports teams (in a good way). This could be a big damper for the Coyotes fans if these rumours turn out to be true.

He has actually taken some heat this season because he didn't want to pay the luxury tax and now his team has been the biggest disappointment in the NBA so far but in general that's true. They've got the 5th highest payroll and he really wants to win. I think he'd spend on the Coyotes with the hard cap in place in the NHL.

Reactions: S E P H

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Earl Campbell was a beast for Houston. Loved that dude.

Seriously though, when I lived back in Texas in the late 90s I'd catch some of the IHL games. The Aeros were a farm team for Dallas at the time and played in the same arena as the Rockets. They put on a good show. Hell, the Aeros name goes back to the early 70s and was the name of the old WHL league. Gordie Howe played with both his boys Mark and Marty for them back in the early 70s.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Dude, there's so much of this vlog/social media comedy content out there these days, and somehow some idiots always think it's the ****. Hey, say funnier things.

It’s cuz they’re hot and “relatable”. Although am I the only that thinks people use the cheating scenario way to much for relatable content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad