Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
That's why someday I'd love for Pierre to take over a team as GM (except the Avs of course). The sheer ridiculousness as he manages them straight into the ground while giving the most long-winded press conferences ever would make for appointment television (via video recap, no way would I watch them live).

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
That's why someday I'd love for Pierre to take over a team as GM (except the Avs of course). The sheer ridiculousness as he manages them straight into the ground while giving the most long-winded press conferences ever would make for appointment television (via video recap, no way would I watch them live).
I honestly don't think he'd manage them straight into the ground. I agree about the press conferences though :laugh:

Reactions: Pokecheque

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Can you imagine the 500 page biography he'd read to the press for every UFA he signed in the summer?

"Marty McMonster was born February 1st 1991. His favorite meal until the age of two was milk and cookies. Until he changed to chocolate milk on the advice of his uncle Johnny McMonster. Johnny got his first taste of chocolate milk at Boston University under the tutelage of the great Jack Parker. Jack of course prefers pink milk but that's what's so great about Jack, he lets his players drink whatever milk they want before games!"

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Can you imagine the 500 page biography he'd read to the press for every UFA he signed in the summer?

"Marty McMonster was born February 1st 1991. His favorite meal until the age of two was milk and cookies. Until he changed to chocolate milk on the advice of his uncle Johnny McMonster. Johnny got his first taste of chocolate milk at Boston University under the tutelage of the great Jack Parker. Jack of course prefers pink milk but that's what's so great about Jack, he lets his players drink whatever milk they want before games!"

The media guide would have to be broken up into Brittanica-sized volumes.

Reactions: Waingro

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Haynes/McNabb are/were so ****ing bad about that. I lost count of how many times I've yelled **** at the TV.

They do it with **** like the PK too. OH, Hey! The PK is 10 for 10 right now, as the ****er starts. Say that **** at the end when they kill it off. lol

Yup, last game against Edmonton in the pre-game show they were talking about Zadorov and how he has been a positive +/- over the last 18 games or something. That game he's -2 :laugh:

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Why the hell couldn't the Oilers give us the Talbot game instead of the Jets

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
2nd dumbest owner in the NHL and he's much closer to Melnyk on the dumb scale than he is to whoever is in 3rd place.

So basically now even who they draft has to go through his hockey uneducated ass.

mowd5omrw4421.jpg

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Well...I guess we now know why so many big names passed on the job (other than the bargain-bin salary Dundon was reportedly offering).

We'll see if, one, he actually follows through on it, and two, if there was some context missed in the translation. If he's saying you shouldn't draft a defensive-minded player in the first round (or even a goaltender) then I emphatically agree. No matter what, you draft for skill, and goalies picked in the first round very rarely pan out. If he just plain means he'll never draft a defender in the first round period, then that's dumb. Though I suppose he's reflecting some frustration in the Canes' approach since they've built up a healthy blueline corps but still haven't got enough firepower up front.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Also...this

Basically Habs were asked if they could wear white jerseys because Dundon doesn't like the Canes white jerseys and can't have a game of red vs red. I swear he might be dumber than Melnyk.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't see anything wrong with him wanting the Canes to wear their reds all the time. They are a lot nicer imo than the whites. Then again, I also miss the days of home white and road colour.

On his comments about not drafting defence in the 1st round... I get he wants a more offensive minded team, but look at the Hurricanes' 1st round picks since 2007:

Brandon Sutter - forward
Zach Boychuk - forward
Philippe Paradis - forward
Jeff Skinner - forward
Ryan Murphy - defenseman
Elias Lindholm - forward
Haydn Fleury - defenseman
Noah Hanifin - defenseman
Jake Bean - defenseman
Julien Gauthier - forward
Martin Necas - forward
Andrei Svechnikov - forward

12 1st round picks, 8 of them forwards since 2007. The problem isn't picking forwards over defenseman - it's who they've picked/what they've done with them Sutter is not an offensive minded player + traded. Boychuk/Paradis both busts. Skinner + Lindholm traded. Maybe draft better instead?

Reactions: SaltySkywalker

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't see anything wrong with him wanting the Canes to wear their reds all the time. They are a lot nicer imo than the whites. Then again, I also miss the days of home white and road colour.

On his comments about not drafting defence in the 1st round... I get he wants a more offensive minded team, but look at the Hurricanes' 1st round picks since 2007:

Brandon Sutter - forward
Zach Boychuk - forward
Philippe Paradis - forward
Jeff Skinner - forward
Ryan Murphy - defenseman
Elias Lindholm - forward
Haydn Fleury - defenseman
Noah Hanifin - defenseman
Jake Bean - defenseman
Julien Gauthier - forward
Martin Necas - forward
Andrei Svechnikov - forward

12 1st round picks, 8 of them forwards since 2007. The problem isn't picking forwards over defenseman - it's who they've picked/what they've done with them Sutter is not an offensive minded player + traded. Boychuk/Paradis both busts. Skinner + Lindholm traded. Maybe draft better instead?

Precisely why I bought the away game worn jerseys last year. I wanted the 100/yr patch, and the first year of the new change after such a bad era with their jerseys. Maybe its just nostalgia, but the whites are my favorite.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I don't see anything wrong with him wanting the Canes to wear their reds all the time

Because that's extremely childish and unfit for an owner to make such pesky demands. If he doesn't like his team jerseys then change them during the summer? What the hell? Molson should have told him no and to grow up.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Because that's extremely childish and unfit for an owner? If he doesn't like the team jerseys then change them during the summer? What the hell? Molson should have told him to grow up.
Seriously? You're clearly overreacting here. It's a jersey for crying out loud and the Canadiens didn't have any problem wearing their whites.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
2nd dumbest owner in the NHL and he's much closer to Melnyk on the dumb scale than he is to whoever is in 3rd place.

So basically now even who they draft has to go through his hockey uneducated ass.

mowd5omrw4421.jpg

I like his approach, i think Sakic should do the same. Or better yet, don't draft a defenseman at all.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
Vasilevskyi went nuts last night, he basically singlehandedly beat the Leafs. I don't understand why the Leafs have Matthews on the left and Marner on the right on their first PP unit. Wouldn't it be better to switch them?

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Vasilevskyi went nuts last night, he basically singlehandedly beat the Leafs. I don't understand why the Leafs have Matthews on the left and Marner on the right on their first PP unit. Wouldn't it be better to switch them?
Babcock doesn't like players on their wrong sides :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad