2018-2019 Around the league thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
That Hamilton trade is looking great for Calgary so far. Lindholm is a stud.
I don't think he's so much a stud, but rather he just understands his role playing on a line with a guy like Gaudreau.

If anything, this highlights just how insanely skilled Johnny Hockey is. He alone turned Michael Ferland into a 20 goal guy, and he's now turned Elias Lindholm into a PPG player.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't think he's so much a stud, but rather he just understands his role playing on a line with a guy like Gaudreau.

If anything, this highlights just how insanely skilled Johnny Hockey is. He alone turned Michael Ferland into a 20 goal guy, and he's now turned Elias Lindholm into a PPG player.

Eh, he is a low key guy but he's very skilled. He was always a guy I wanted here if we did the Duchene trade with them.

& to be fair Ferland is off to the best start of his career in Carolina.

Sidenote... If you told me the top 3 teams in the west by December would be Calgary, Nashville, and us, I'd look at you with light suspicion. More so Calgary, didn't see that one.

Last edited:

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Wow, the Nucks are beating the Blues 5-0 right now. I have to think that Armstrong may be in some danger after the season.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Terrible for the Aves
tenor.gif

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
I’m watching Montreal at Chicago. Montreal has been on the PK twice in short order. Both times Shaw “loses” his stick in a passing lane. Lol

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Why? He’s a good 2nd line center and his cap hit is decent. Barrie is going to want over $7M and I don’t think Joe will give it to him. The Canucks aren’t trading Horvat, anyway.
The new Barrie contract is one that I can't really wrap my head around. He's one of the best offensive defencemen in the league (most of the time) and he doesn't make many defensive mistakes (though I wouldn't call him very strong defensively). I don't see him coming in under 7, and I'm sure he's going to want max term. He's at the age where term is important, and I'm sure he sees the future is bright with the Avs.

Does he sign a team-friendly deal? Making 7x8 playing with all of your buddies in Colorado, probably beats 8x7 or 8.5x7 somewhere else.

Signing with another team or getting traded is much riskier than staying in a situation that you know well.

I'm hoping for a good contract, but then again I feel like he should be traded for top 6 forward.

It's a strange contract.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
The new Barrie contract is one that I can't really wrap my head around. He's one of the best offensive defencemen in the league (most of the time) and he doesn't make many defensive mistakes (though I wouldn't call him very strong defensively). I don't see him coming in under 7, and I'm sure he's going to want max term. He's at the age where term is important, and I'm sure he sees the future is bright with the Avs.

Does he sign a team-friendly deal? Making 7x8 playing with all of your buddies in Colorado, probably beats 8x7 or 8.5x7 somewhere else.

Signing with another team or getting traded is much riskier than staying in a situation that you know well.

I'm hoping for a good contract, but then again I feel like he should be traded for top 6 forward.

It's a strange contract.
I hope we can re-sign him, but I think he’ll be traded if/when he’s asking for too much bread. Another top 6 forward would be nice.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I hope we can re-sign him, but I think he’ll be traded if/when he’s asking for too much bread. Another top 6 forward would be nice.

I don't think Sakic will pull the trigger on a trade until Makar and maybe Timmins get some time playing pro.

If we could trade Johnson, I'm all for that.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
What happened to St.Louis? One of the powerhouses in NHL and now struggling. Weird .

They repeatedly let a hot streak from mediocre goaltenders fool them into thinking they had arrived when they should've flipped said goaltenders and been looking for something better. They're honestly one of the laziest franchises when it comes to addressing the need between the pipes, now they're in full panic mode and calling up a 25-year-old (Binnington) whom I believe was #5 on their depth chart as recently as last season.

That sucks for Raanta. He's officially the new Pascal Leclaire, though I don't think we'll ever see a guy get THAT cursed again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad