2018-2019 Around the league thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holtby is the worst starter in the NHL at the moment and it's not close.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Was horrible last year too

Was listening to the Habs commentators before the game and they were saying how he was having a rough year with .888 sv %. I just watched all the Habs goals tonight. Holy crap that wasn't pretty.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017

Babcock is so overrated . The players in Detroit hated him . Can't even stand to listen to him speak.
Leafs players will want him gone soon enough.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Then nothing of signifance on a stacked team for the next 7 years .
Okay, well that's a different story from what you originally said. Not to mention Detroit was a shell of its former self right when the Chicago/LA mega teams were taking off. Along with SJ, VAN, ANA.

So stacked team? Nah, once Lidstrom retired they were never the same.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Okay, well that's a different story from what you originally said. Not to mention Detroit was a shell of its former self right when the Chicago/LA mega teams were taking off. Along with SJ, VAN, ANA.

So stacked team? Nah, once Lidstrom retired they were never the same.
Ya they were still one of the top teams. Lindstrom retired 4years later, albeit he was in decline the last few

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I still believe Babcock is a good coach, but I also don't think the relationship between him and Leafs management can continue indefinitely. Something's gotta give eventually, and I'm guessing it'll be the dismissal of the coach. He has one vision on how to win, management has entirely another. But I won't feel bad if they do indeed can him, he'll have another job before the pink slip even gets processed.

Fun fact, Babs has never been fired in the NHL. Both times he's switched gigs it was because he simply signed elsewhere. He's the Urban Meyer of hockey.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
Ya they were still one of the top teams. Lindstrom retired 4years later, albeit he was in decline the last few
They were a good team but on the decline, not a top team.

The next two years after the finals they made it to the second round against very strong SJ teams. And that was really the end of Lidstrom as he fell off in his last season.

Granted they still got good years out of Zetterberg/Datsyuk after he retired, but you can't win with those two and no defense or goaltending.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Did Gourde really need a NTC with a big contract like that? It sure doesn't look like a discount. Jesus, Tampa is handing out NTC' s like there's no tomorrow, it's hard to believe that it won't come back to bite them later.

Reactions: SaltySkywalker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad