Line Combos: 2018-19 Starting Roster II

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Who cares how he feels. Laine has also always felt more comfortable at the left wing, but Maurice insists on playing him on the right side.

He has physical issues that are exacerbated by playing centre. So not just mentally more comfortably: physically as well. He's pretty injury prone as it is - throwing him in at centre just guarantees he'll be on the IR more quickly.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

paragon

May 5, 2010
He has physical issues that are exacerbated by playing centre. So not just mentally more comfortably: physically as well. He's pretty injury prone as it is - throwing him in at centre just guarantees he'll be on the IR more quickly.
Not really. He said in the preseason that he will play where the coach tells him to play and right now it seems to be left wing, but he might end up playing center. Also Maurice has previously stated in an interview that center is the position that Perreault prefers to play.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Not really. He said in the preseason that he will play where the coach tells him to play and right now it seems to be left wing, but he might end up playing center. Also Maurice has previously stated in an interview that center is the position that Perreault prefers to play.
Perreault is an elite puck hunter, and is best when he can get in on the forecheck and disrupt the D and force turnovers. It's easier to do that on the wing, I think.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto

That's not what Perreault has stated in interviews. I'm sure you can dig up interviews stating differently, as I can dig up interviews that contradict your position. In the end, I don't think he's best suited to play centre, but I don't doubt he'd do what he's ask.

paragon

May 5, 2010
That's not what Perreault has stated in interviews. I'm sure you can dig up interviews stating differently, as I can dig up interviews that contradict your position. In the end, I don't think he's best suited to play centre, but I don't doubt he'd do what he's ask.
Perreault said that in an interview after his first preseason game with Vesalainen and Roslovic. Said it was his first game playing right wing. And Maurice said his comment back in 2016 when Little was injured and Perreault was playing center in his stead. Won't bother looking for the links.

Perreault is an elite puck hunter, and is best when he can get in on the forecheck and disrupt the D and force turnovers. It's easier to do that on the wing, I think.
I agree, but I would still want to see them try him as a center, since there's already two seasons worth of proof, that Laine + Little doesn't work. Need to try something and I'm not confident in 27/28/29 as a line.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
It's very early, but we are seeing some of the same trends in shot metrics as we had early last season. The team is better after the first few games, but the Scheifele line is lagging in shot metrics. Laine looks better so far in shot metrics than last year. Myers / Morrow and Chiarot lagging on D.

View attachment 145539

Wait, so Veselainen is good, and Wheeler and Connor is bad? I don't see it. Morrow-Myers shows more. But I think they can play better.

Veselainen has been anything but impressive, meanwhile Connor and Wheeler are amassing points.

When we get Lemieux, Dano or Petan in the lineup we will be a 4 line team.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wait, so Veselainen is good, and Wheeler and Connor is bad? I don't see it. Morrow-Myers shows more. But I think they can play better.

Veselainen has been anything but impressive, meanwhile Connor and Wheeler are amassing points.

When we get Lemieux, Dano or Petan in the lineup we will be a 4 line team.
Roslovic's line has been fine with Vesalainen, they just haven't gotten much ice time. Hard to say whether they would be much different with Dano, Petan or Lemieux.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Scheif and Wheeler are both line drivers, split them up.
Change centers between Little and Scheif and see what shakes out IF we go on a losing streak.
MP Scheif Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
CLT
Lemieux Roslo Ehlers

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Scheif and Wheeler are both line drivers, split them up.
Change centers between Little and Scheif and see what shakes out IF we go on a losing streak.
MP Scheif Laine
Connor Little Wheeler
CLT
Lemieux Roslo Ehlers
I'd rather MP Little Ehlers. Csw. Dano/petan Roslo Laine.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Maurice trolling hard in his interview–when asked how long does he give the Little line before making a judgement, he replied "4-5 years".

Reactions: 10Ducky10

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
It's really tough to watch another season of ELL, but I'm going to anyway.

I would just like to remind that when Scheifele went down, and CSW was touched, the team became almost unstoppable, posting a second-best record in the league for that stretch (with nice and balanced TOI distribution). The notion that CSW should be untouchable is completely silly. They are a good line, but nothing more.

If we want to actually ice the best line in the league with articles being written about them, we know how to do that already.

We should keep in mind that the Scheifele injury, Helle's outstanding performance, and the Stastny line (when CSW [our only scoring line] stopped scoring later in the season) were big parts of the record-breaking season. So to equate CSW as some sort of magical line that made success possible is incorrect.

Last edited:

trebendan

Aug 13, 2010
A player I wouldn't mind taking a seat in the press box so that Dano or Lemieux could play is Copp. Copp hasn't done much yet, from what I've seen.

Reactions: GNP

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
They should try Ehlers - Perreault - Laine. Perreault is actually decent at the dot and played center in Washington and Anaheim. I don't know why Maurice is so opposed to playing him at center. Might as well give it a try.

Perreault was very poor at C when the Jets first got him. Later it came out that taking a lot of FO's was causing him back problems. He has stated that he much prefers the wing - and he is much more productive there. He is not a C anymore.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I thought I would bump this seeing as I am bored and just tried some Moroccan cilantro. If I'm coach, this is my lineup (driver of each line bolded) for the two games in Finland...in no order...

KC Little Ehlers
Lemieux Roslo Wheeler
MP Scheif Laine
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Myers Buff
Kuli Poolman

Croissant Helle

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
I thought I would bump this seeing as I am bored and just tried some Moroccan cilantro. If I'm coach, this is my lineup (driver of each line bolded) for the two games in Finland...in no order...

KC Little Ehlers
Lemieux Roslo Wheeler
MP Scheif Laine
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Myers Buff
Kuli Poolman

Croissant Helle

Looking great otherwise, but I don't think its its a good idea to try Lemieux with Roslo & Wheeler. Besides, captain disapproves that roster, so it's not even an option for Maurice.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Trade Myers, a 2nd and Wheeler for Chabot and Stone...

Lemmy Little Ehlers
MP Roslo Laine
KC Scheif Stone
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Chabot Buff
Poolman Myers

Croissant Helle

Keystone

Apr 30, 2011
Manitoba
MP Scheifele Laine
KC Little Ehlers
Tanev Lowry Wheeler
Petan Copp Roslovic

Morrissey Trouba
Morrow,(Niku) Buff
Chairot Myers

-Get Wheeler and Scheifele off the PK and get their minutes down in the 19-20 range.
-Get Buffs minutes down even if it means playing Morrissey PP1.
-Remind them how Ottawa and Edmonton were supposed to be awesome last year, but it doesn’t just happen.
-Forecheck, finish checks and play physical
-Play croissant more until Helle finds his game.

Reactions: PhilJets

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Just hope and try to split the 55 and 26.

Probably other players are seeing that if they make 1 mistake boom.
But if These 2.... well

Besides splitting 55 and 26 is looking more and more the best option for the team.

Schiefele can retain his minutes.
Wheeler can cut down his minutes. As much as him being fit. He is not young anymore, recovery period catches up.
Fresher Wheeler? Better Jets team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad