Line Combos: 2018-19 Starting Roster II

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The lineup (our top 9 playing in the top 9) when they get back from Finland and the hype is over...

MP Lowry Wheeler 17 mins
Ehlers Scheif Laine 17 mins
KC Little Roslo 17 mins
Lemieux Coppper Tanev 9 mins

JMo Trouba 26 mins
Kuli Buff 24 mins
Chiarot Myers 10 mins

Helle Brossoit

edit ... If Kuli can't handle the minutes, give the extra time to Myers with Buff.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
The lineup (our top 9 playing in the top 9) when they get back from Finland and the hype is over...

MP Lowry Wheeler 17 mins
Ehlers Scheif Laine 17 mins
KC Little Roslo 17 mins
Lemieux Coppper Tanev 9 mins

JMo Trouba 26 mins
Kuli Buff 24 mins
Chiarot Myers 10 mins

Helle Brossoit

edit ... If Kuli can't handle the minutes, give the extra time to Myers with Buff.
No team plays all their top 3 players the same amount of minutes. Scheifele is a top 5-7 center in the league. Do you really want Rosie to play as much as Scheifele? Not that I don't think you can't pull back some of the 1st line minutes, but that will happen by finding other options on the PK and starting to get some comfortable leads. Too many minutes for the 2nd pair, as Buff is much more effective when not over worked.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Roslo is on a line with KC and Little so ya, I think 17 minutes is fair as is 17 minutes for Ehlers Scheif and Laine.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Roslo is on a line with KC and Little so ya, I think 17 minutes is fair as is 17 minutes for Ehlers Scheif and Laine.

Roslo obviously is a bit unproven as he has not get the opportunity by Maurice yet, but I'm pretty confident that he can handle 17 minutes and still stay as the best young Jet forward defensively.

KC-Little-Perreault was pretty good though, so no need to change that unless you go for eg. Perreault-Scheifele-Laine, but that is impossible as it requires some serious surgery to separate that particular hip jointed duo.

ESW was horrible defensively against Panthers, yet extremely lucky to stay without goals against. That is not sustainable going forward. As you know, CSW is not really better either.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
I really like the lines yesterday as they were pretty evenly distributed talent wise and all useful.

But it underscored to me that the ‘first’ line isn’t as dominant as this team’s best line should be. I thought Scheifeles line was the third best line yesterday and very lucky many times. I would like to see Scheifele and wheeler split up without disturbing too much else if possible.

I feel like lowry is transforming and him and Laine could possibly be complimentary. Looks good so far but will have to see how it looks over time.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Time to break up 55 and 26...

KC Scheif Roslo
Ehlers Little Wheeler
MP Lowry Laine
Petan Coppper Tanev

JMo Trouba
Kuli/Myers Buff
Chiarot Myers/Poolman

If Kuli is sitting every 2nd game, play Myers with Buff when he sits and rotate Poolman in...leave Morrow in the press box.
Helle 54 Brossoit 28

Last edited:

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
I love being an arm chair coach.
Easy to make line hehehe

I like to try

Lines in no particular order

Connor Schiefele roslovic
Perrault Little Wheeler
Ehlers Copp Laine
Tanev Lowry Armia or Dano

Morrissey Byfuglien
Niku Trouba
Enstrom Myers

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Ehlers-Scheifele-Laine
Connor-Little-Wheeler
Perreault-Roslovic-Petan
Copp-Lowry-Tanev
Lemiuex

Morrissey-Trouba
Morrow-Byfuglien
Kulikov-Myers
Chiarot, Poolman

Hellebuyck
Brossoit
You do know that Lowry's line will keep playing top 9 minutes until they stop playing one of our best lines night in and night out right? Other than that, those look like great lines.

Reactions: Festinator

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I really like the lines yesterday as they were pretty evenly distributed talent wise and all useful.

But it underscored to me that the ‘first’ line isn’t as dominant as this team’s best line should be. I thought Scheifeles line was the third best line yesterday and very lucky many times. I would like to see Scheifele and wheeler split up without disturbing too much else if possible.

I feel like lowry is transforming and him and Laine could possibly be complimentary. Looks good so far but will have to see how it looks over time.
Except Scheifele's line played most of their time against Barkov, Dadonov, Hoffman, Ekblad, Matheson. That is a much different thing than playing against the likes of Sceviour, Brower, Lammikko, Weeger, Kiselevich.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Just for the sake of getting Laine some even strength points...

KC Scheif Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Copper Lowry Tanev
Petan MP Roslo (Yes, MP at center)

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Chiarot Myers

Reactions: PhilJets

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

KC Scheif Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Chiarot Myers
Yes who cares about how many games it costs us let's make sure the prince gets his points.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Its one of the better line up.
Probably the best on paper.
But it needs to be tested. ;)

Good thing sabers incoming :)

Just
Perrault Roslovic Petan . 4th line New Jesus is back.

If Kulikov is healthy i drop Chiarot and have
Kuli and Myers as bottom pair.

Reactions: 10Ducky10

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
Because Laine has not been good so let's reward him minutes on the top line. Let's recalibrate our whole lineup for one guy.

It's not about rewarding him, it's about putting him in a position to succeed.

16-17 to 18-19
*****-Scheifele-Laine (Wheeler excluded as ******)
GF 39
GA 25
GF% 60.94
CF% 49.09
HDCF% 55.03
Offensive zone starts 53.68%
504 minutes

Keep in mind this is mostly 18 year old rookie Laine.

*****-Scheifele-Wheeler (Laine excluded as ******)

GF 74
GA 65
GF% 53.24
CF% 51.65
HDCF% 54.51
Offensive zone starts 55.34%
1561 minutes

Nothing here indicates that putting Laine with Scheifele would cost them games.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's not about rewarding him, it's about putting him in a position to succeed.

16-17 to 18-19
*****-Scheifele-Laine (Wheeler excluded as ******)
GF 39
GA 25
GF% 60.94
CF% 49.09
HDCF% 55.03
Offensive zone starts 53.68%
504 minutes

Keep in mind this is mostly 18 year old rookie Laine.

*****-Scheifele-Wheeler (Laine excluded as ******)

GF 74
GA 65
GF% 53.24
CF% 51.65
HDCF% 54.51
Offensive zone starts 55.34%
1561 minutes

Nothing here indicates that putting Laine with Scheifele would cost them games.
The team is already succeeding we just won 3 in a row.

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
The team is already succeeding we just won 3 in a row.

5on5 is still the problem... Only Arizona and Los Angeles have scored less goals 5on5 than Winnipeg.

If the games were decided 5on5 the Jets would have 5 wins 6 ties and 6 losses. Nashville would have 12 wins 4 ties and 2 losses.

Jets are getting by with their 34% PP, but that's unsustainable. The highest PP% in the last 25 years is 26.8%.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
So no reason to fine tune it to get it firing on all cylinders?
I don't think having Roslo on the bottom line with 6 minutes is firing on all cylinders. I am not going to insist they change things up when they are winning. After all, Roslo looks more dangerous out there than Perrault. But, I'm not going to start my ideas off with how can we get Rosie more ES points.

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
So no reason to fine tune it to get it firing on all cylinders?

That's something I'm so used to hear on HfBoards: we are winning / they are winning, no need to change things. I hear that so often, but it doesn't make it just a bit wise. It's cautious for sure, but not wise. It's a sure ticket for relative mediocry, even with one of the greatest material there is.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
That's something I'm so used to hear on HfBoards: we are winning / they are winning, no need to change things. I hear that so often, but it doesn't make it just a bit wise. It's cautious for sure, but not wise. It's a sure ticket for relative mediocry, even with one of the greatest material there is.

That's not a HF Boards phenomenon, that's reality. Coaches work tirelessly to find combinations that will result in the best possible product so that their team wins. If a team is winning, a coach is not going to disrupt that. Let's just cut to the chase though-this is all about getting Laine on the first line so that he can potentially show a a pulse at even strength. What evidence is there that his play right now warrants that? He's not doing any of things necessary to make his line succeed at even strength. It's painful to watch.

Reactions: voyageur

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

KC Scheif Laine
Ehlers Little Wheeler
Copper Lowry Tanev

JMo Trouba
Niku Buff
Chiarot Myers

I feel like right now it should be

27-55-26
81-18-28
9-17-13
85-19-29

But 29 can play his way above 28. Although I think 28 might just take off with 81. 18 just has to play positionally well, let's the kids or pinching d score.

44-8
7-33 (can't break them up)
83-57 (might be scary, but at least there's a top 4, it's an audition at least)

Reactions: Jack722

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad