Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
My avi is Bud Ice because I remember it being a common hockey ad as a child (on the ice and the Doobie Doobie Doo penguins), back during the golden days of Budweiser advertising. Now it's mostly drunk by the homeless year round and myself come playoff time.

MY Avitar is a photo of myself, wearing my "playoff beard" I haven't shaved off since 1963! That's 56 years of playoff beard! You'd think The hockey Gods would let The Blues win just because I've worn my playoff beard in EVERY year of their existence! :laugh:

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I'm in Vancouver this week -- spent all day wandering in Stanley Park. When I saw on the map that there was a statue of Lord Stanley in the park, I searched it out and lay my favorite Blues hat at his feet, asking that he find the Blues worthy of winning. Couldn't hurt!

Two guys in Blues shirts walked by around the same time, so at least 3 of us were there to magnify the power...

On a side note, holy cow this is a gorgeous place. Time to find a sports bar before game time!
Stanley Park is pretty amazing! You go on any off the unpaved trails?

Reactions: EastonBlues22

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
Stanley Park is pretty amazing! You go on any off the unpaved trails?
Mostly stuck to the bridle path trails, but went off a couple times when I saw interesting stumps or things I wanted to get a closer look at. I might just spend the rest of the week in the park, forget the museums and other sights...

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Mostly stuck to the bridle path trails, but went off a couple times when I saw interesting stumps or things I wanted to get a closer look at. I might just spend the rest of the week in the park, forget the museums and other sights...
There is a lake in the middle of the park through the forest that is boarder line majestic in the right light. Think it’s called Beaver Lake.

Also, highly recommend catching a sunset on Third Beach or English Bay Beach.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
One of the best city parks in The World! My favourite.
I walked something like 18,000 steps my first day in Vancouver and 22,000 (9.1 miles) the next day and was still disappointed I couldn’t see everything. That park is amazing and so is the city (and surrounding forests).

It really does have everything, mountains, forests, culture, food, architecture, ocean and beaches. Not much more to ask for.

Anyway this is about the playoffs. So jacked up the Blues being within two wins of the Cup!!!

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Ha! Ha! Some say negative notoriety is better than none at all! :laugh: Now, if I could turn my senility into a money-maker, I'd have something! :naughty: Maybe a few extremely high stakes poker games? Cards" What are those? :whaaa?:
So, a fellow countryman of yours who is also a blues fan came here for the games, and as happy as I am to see people travel that far, it saddens me you couldn’t make it over. Here’s his twitter name if you wanna check it out. Sorry if this has been mentioned already lol

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
So, a fellow countryman of yours who is also a blues fan came here for the games, and as happy as I am to see people travel that far, it saddens me you couldn’t make it over. Here’s his twitter name if you wanna check it out. Sorry if this has been mentioned already lol

Glad to see Gerard came over, and saw a Finals Blues win. People donated € 1350,00 to pay for his flight and some hundreds more for his ticket. I'm blown away! I can see he's having a great time. And he was on the TV news in Leeuwarden. I will try to make it over next year, combined with a trip to visit my best American friend in Independence.

SC Blues Fan

Jun 3, 2019
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster. Lived just outside of St. Louis in Belleville, IL from 1991-1995. Can remember going to games in the Old Arena with my Dad, as well as the Inaugural game at the Enterprise Center (then Kiel Center). I still have the commemorative ticket from the Blues-Blackhawks game that was supposed to be the first game at Kiel, but never happened because of the lockout that year. My family moved to Charleston, South Carolina in 1995 when I was 10 years old; and I still live in Charleston today. I've followed the Blues from afar for all this time. I've gone to a few away games throughout the years, including one in Atlanta with my Dad vs. the Thrashers before they moved to Winnipeg, as well as two games with my sister in Raleigh vs. the Hurricanes, one of which was in March of this year. Watching this years playoff run has been nothing short of incredible. Even though I'm only 34, after watching each season come to a disappointing end year after year, I really began to wonder if we would ever get to this point in my lifetime. Watching this playoff run has been nothing short of incredible. I really hope we can take the last couple of steps and finish this thing off and bring the Cup to St. Louis. I'm extremely excited to say, after dropping an absurd amount of money on lower level tickets, and flights to St. Louis from Charleston; me, my sister, and my Dad will be at Enterprise for game 6; our first time back in St. Louis since we moved in 1995. Let's get this done and win the Stanley Cup! Let's Go Blues!!!!

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
If they win tonight I'm definitely coming back to STL in time for Game 6. As luck would have it, my in-laws drove down from STL last weekend to spend the week with their grand-daughter, and were leaving Saturday evening to get home by Sunday late-afternoon...just in time for Game 6. I may have to endure 18-hours in a car with my parents-in-law, and my five year-old, and have them drop me off in downtown on their way back to Wentzville. We were planning on flying into STL on 6/14 to pick up the daughter from her STL vacation, which may be just in time for a parade if they win in 7. So if they lose tonight, I won't have to rush to the potential party...which may or may not have been spoiled by the Bruins anyway and will stick with the original itinerary, while praying for a win in Boston in Game 7. But if they win tonight, I can book an entire extra trip into STL the week before I was planning on coming to STL anyway just so i can be there in person when the Blues kick their fans in the nuts. That would make for an epic chapter in the saga of a tortured Blues fan. But there's no way I could possibly risk miss being there for the celebration.

So...needless to say, it's a big game.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Boys this franchise is 1 win away from the Cup with the Blues coming home.

I just can’t believe it. This city is going to be crazy and I’m dropping serious money on tickets
stubhub has singles at $2k.
Can’t imagine there will be many available for less. The Enterprise center was sold out for tonight’s game in Boston. Im guessing there are 100k people willing to spend $1000 or more for Game 6 tix. It’s going to hurt for sure. And knowing the Blues...

taylord22

Mar 30, 2009
@STL fan in IA was on just a couple of weeks ago
@Ritchey27 was just on yesterday (formerly Randall Ritchey)
@taylord22 was last on a couple of weeks ago as well

I had some new security systems installed on my laptop (work issued) that aren't playing nice with the forum. Finally got fed up and disabled the program at the root level to post on here :)

Pretty thrilled to see @PocketNines back for the run!

Central IL. Got very lucky and had a family member on-staff with the team throughout the 90s (and a bit today), which led me into playing competitively on travel teams until I was 17.

The team and sport has subsequently been interwoven into the fabric of our family. We took a lot of pride into being the oddballs for liking a sport that has bandwagon penetration in these parts, at best.

More recent news: Before last night's game, my wife surprised me by dipping into our Europe fund to buy two tickets for Sunday. Got them before the crazy inflation, but still...married the right lady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad