Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I had some new security systems installed on my laptop (work issued) that aren't playing nice with the forum. Finally got fed up and disabled the program at the root level to post on here :)

Pretty thrilled to see @PocketNines back for the run!

Central IL. Got very lucky and had a family member on-staff with the team throughout the 90s (and a bit today), which led me into playing competitively on travel teams until I was 17.

The team and sport has subsequently been interwoven into the fabric of our family. We took a lot of pride into being the oddballs for liking a sport that has bandwagon penetration in these parts, at best.

More recent news: Before last night's game, my wife surprised me by dipping into our Europe fund to buy two tickets for Sunday. Got them before the crazy inflation, but still...married the right lady.
Yours and Easton's combined insight is 44% of the reason I came back for the run. I am so happy you get to be there. Whatever farm animal of war, Lana.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
:laugh: I'm crossing my fingers the newest season ends up going out on a high note.

Did you make it to any of the SJ games? That had to be an extra sweet series for you
G1, great seats. Saw the start of the Karlsson pasting and left in a fairly upbeat mood despite the loss. The Sharks were as comfortable a series as I've felt with the Blues since Blackhawks 2002, which is hard to top despite that being 5 games. That was a bye.

thetank

Jun 4, 2019
MY Avitar is a photo of myself, wearing my "playoff beard" I haven't shaved off since 1963! That's 56 years of playoff beard! You'd think The hockey Gods would let The Blues win just because I've worn my playoff beard in EVERY year of their existence! :laugh:
You need to dye it Blue.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
The Blues are about to start game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. It’s still surreal to me the team is in the position to win the Cup. Regardless of how the next 60 minutes of hockey turn out the management, coaches, and players deserve a lot of credit. I’ve lived in the metro St. Louis area all my life and never seen so much Blues gear around this town.

For the final time this season, Let’s Go Blues, and hoping for a lot of Ohhhh Baaabies tonight!!!

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
I have a roll call announcement:

They were playing AC/DC in Boston. My fallen Blues brother loved AC/DC, and secretly that was his favorite band...something about that solid rock beat...

He's here, there, somewhere (Everywhere?) tonight. I can at least guarantee a hard working effort.

LGB!

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Congratulations from Vancouver guys.

My uncle. 1967, and at the 50th anniversary, 2017.

SU9nvU1.jpg
hG3ACzI.jpg

A Real Barn Burner

Apr 25, 2016
We Won!

Posting now, stoped posting during the Dallas series this year because the negativity in the GDT was to much. After we won I just kept on. The first time I posted on this board was after we won to go to the WCF in 2016. Before that I was lurking since early 2000’s. As a military guy who couldn’t watch game stationed overseas you guys kept me updated on how the Blues were doing. It was great watching all the veteran poster come back on the board for the run. From St. Charles, great to see all the Blues fans from around the world.

We should have an HF board meet up during the parade would love to meet some of you guys.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
This month has been crazy. I haven't been as active on this board, I'm changing jobs for the better, expecting my first child, and now this. For all the ups and downs we've had on here, nothing better to enjoy it with this community. Appreciate all the activity of you guys over the years.

Just incredible.

Zamadoo

Hail to the CHIEF
Apr 4, 2013
We Won!

Posting now, stoped posting during the Dallas series this year because the negativity in the GDT was to much. After we won I just kept on. The first time I posted on this board was after we won to go to the WCF in 2016. Before that I was lurking since early 2000’s. As a military guy who couldn’t watch game stationed overseas you guys kept me updated on how the Blues were doing. It was great watching all the veteran poster come back on the board for the run. From St. Charles, great to see all the Blues fans from around the world.

We should have an HF board meet up during the parade would love to meet some of you guys.
This is exactly my case, and I want to call attention to the ideal that people on this board do make a difference. Every play-by-play info and reactionary posts have been tremendous, and will always be the eyes and ears for those serving or otherwise unable to watch/listen.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Thomas wins the Cup as a 19 year old rookie.
Binnington redeems every ghost of goalies past as he becomes the biggest difference in game 7 of the Cup finals. He’s still not nervous.
ROR gets traded, leads the team all year long, always says the right things even when things were in the gutter. He makes the playoffs for the first time in 5 years, it’s reported now he cracked a rib in the Dallas series, yet wins the Conn Smythe and the Cup, while scoring a goal in the final 4 games.
Schwartz has a historically horrible regular season only to turn things around in the playoffs to help the team reach the Cup.
Parayko and Bouwmeester shut down the #1 lines of Dallas, San Jose, Winnipeg, and the Bruins. They absolutely shut down some of most skilled players in the league.
Sanford sat out of the roster for a long stretch. He gets an opportunity and absolutely makes the most of it including getting a goal in game 7 of the finals.
Tarasenko is the most skilled goal scorer on the team yet always talks about the team first instead of stats. After a slow start to the season after shoulder surgery he had a solid season and playoffs.
Perron on his 3rd trip with the Blues continued to drive fans crazy at times but had 15 points including some big goals in the playoffs.
Steen bought in and made the most of playing on the 4th line.
Sundqvist with easily the biggest turnaround I’ve ever witnessed, from one year to the next, played an important role in getting the Cup.
Barbashev, the little engine that never quit, dare I say reminded me of Bassen at times. He really drove the play on that 4th line and hit everyone that moved.
Schenn was skating his ass off in game 7 and was rewarded with a goal. He’s the heart on his sleeves player with skill every team wants.
Maroon lived out his childhood dreams of winning the Cup for his childhood team.
Pietrangelo had an amazing playoffs and capped it off with a legendary night in game 7.
Bozak signs with the Blues and says he did so to win the Cup. There was plenty of playoff games his line was the best one on the ice. He had 13 points in 25 games.
Sammy Blais made his presence felt and this historic run should do wonders for his career.

This was a genuine team effort that brought St. Louis their first Cup.

Brockon

Cautiously optimistic realist when caffeinated.
Aug 20, 2017
Northern Canada
A post I made yesterday in my hockey pool, asserting a win tonight if Boston was given 3 PP or less...
Screenshot_20190612-233734_Chrome.jpg

Also... OMFG. We did it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad