Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

hockensm77

Feb 21, 2015
As a long-time lurker who only started posting a bit during this run, thanks for the welcome and holy $%#^snacks they did it.

I'm especially happy that they won with the kind of team that made me start loving the Blues in the mid-'90s -- hardworking, well-balanced, defensively responsible...

After the postgame show ended on NBCSN, I immediately started re-watching the game and enjoyed it even more the 2nd time through. Only got 3 hours of sleep, but somehow it still wasn't hard to get out of bed this morning...

For those of you in STL -- enjoy the well-deserved citywide party, and know that there are hardcore Blues fans around the world celebrating with you in spirit.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
Hey all,

Grew up in St. Louis, now living in Chicago. I generally don't post much, but I read every thread. Had to sit through three Hawks Championships and I am SO HAPPY I can finally say we won one too. Generally do an omnibus style end of the year State of the Union type post (Which I'm working on now, probably ready by Friday).

Thanks to everyone who continually posts and makes this place a fun, exciting atmosphere. Huge thanks to the mods who I am sure do a ton of work behind the scenes.

WE WON THE f***ING STANLEY CUP BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018

Hell of a season, I wish my Wings had stayed healthy but was nice the see the Blues fix their coaching/goaltending and put some humility into the city of Boston. Was fun chatting with you Blues fans - see you in the Draft day and free agency threads!!!

Have some memes as a thank you for the excellent hockey discourse.

Marchand tears.jpg

Broons.png

Reactions: Spektre

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Really happy for you guys. When it got down to the final 4 I was pulling for the Blues because they seemed so similar to the Caps last year(championship starved fanbase trying to win their first). Last night went beautifully. Enjoy the celebration and milk it all summer if you can.

Reactions: Blueston

Jeeper

Mar 30, 2009
St Louis "Area"
Just simply an amazing ride this year. Worst to First. And yes, my avatar is something that used to be displayed on the Blues Jumbotron during games. Back when my Season Tickets were up in section 314.

Reactions: Bluenatic

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Couple things:

1. Where is Chief in this picture?

2. Can someone who is good at this sort of thing please crop just JayBo's face with the top of the Cup? That is an absolutely perfect avatar image and I must have it.

3. Seeing this picture for the first time last night is when the tears started.

Reactions: Bluenatic

Blanick

Winter is coming
Sep 20, 2011
St. Louis
Couple things:

2. Can someone who is good at this sort of thing please crop just JayBo's face with the top of the Cup? That is an absolutely perfect avatar image and I must have it.

When I have time later I will try to get that Jaybo face for ya. I have feeling it might not turn out great though. That is a high resolution picture when I enhance the size it's going to pixelate a bit.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
When I have time later I will try to get that Jaybo face for ya. I have feeling it might not turn out great though. That is a high resolution picture when I enhance the size it's going to pixelate a bit.
I really appreciate it regardless how it turns out.

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
Couple things:

I think Berube is behind Ott there, with his head turned

Reactions: EastonBlues22

Benighted

Dec 15, 2011
I'm only 31 and missed out on the early years but this is the best night/day of my life. I can't imagine how some of you feel who have been here since day 1 like my dad.

Never been more proud of this franchise and this city. Cheers boys. I hope this is #1 of many more to come!!!

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Hey all,

Grew up in St. Louis, now living in Chicago. I generally don't post much, but I read every thread. Had to sit through three Hawks Championships and I am SO HAPPY I can finally say we won one too. Generally do an omnibus style end of the year State of the Union type post (Which I'm working on now, probably ready by Friday).

Thanks to everyone who continually posts and makes this place a fun, exciting atmosphere. Huge thanks to the mods who I am sure do a ton of work behind the scenes.

WE WON THE ****ING STANLEY CUP BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I watched two of the Hawks parades from my office. Not happy days for me. But I will see the one in STL, so all good.

Mordo

May 9, 2019
Living in Tallahassee, but soon moving back to Albuquerque which is my hometown, so repping New Mexico.

My dad was career Air Force so I lived all over, but he was from northeastern Arkansas and was born a Cardinal fan. Thus, I'm a lifelong (60) Cardinals and Blues fan, and have seen both teams in person (both in STL and on the road) many times and whenever I can.

Don't really remember the St. Louis Hawks enough to have been a fan. Enjoyed the Rams' GSOT years and SB win, but they were never my/our team and then they hosed us on the way out the door, so they're dead to me.

I've got a lot of friends who are hockey fans - most of them Canadians - and like all of us here have had lots of calls and texts during Game 7 and afterwards. Also like most of us, I was beginning to think I would never see the Stanley Cup come to St. Louis. Simply a phenomenal feeling. Congrats to us all!

Let's Go Blues!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->