Roll Call 2018-19 Stanley Cup Finals Roll Call

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
There's a lot of old users running around and I'm feeling nostalgic. In the coming years I'm going to want a thread to look back on and remember everyone who was around for this special time in Blues fandom.

Check in and leave a little something, even if it's only your screen name, to be remembered for being a part of it. If you're a lurker, consider making yourself known even if you never plan to post again.

Edit: If you want, feel free to mention the state/country you represent.

Administrator: EastonBlues22
Global Moderator: Vladys Gumption
Local Moderator: Alklha

States represented:
Missouri
Illinois
Wisconsin
Michigan
New York
Texas
Kansas
California
Massachusetts
Hawaii
Alabama
Florida
Rhode Island
Arizona
Kentucky
Pennsylvania
Ohio
North Carolina
Colorado
Iowa
Virginia
Tennessee
Montana
Indiana
Vermont
New Mexico
(Washington DC)

Provinces/Territories represented:
Ontario
Alberta
Nova Scotia
Manitoba
British Columbia
Yukon Territory

Countries represented:
Czechia
Russia
Switzerland
Scotland
Finland
Sweden
Hungary
Croatia
Germany
Denmark
Netherlands
Philippines
Australia

Last edited:

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
Yay! I'm first up! (Working nights does have its benefits). :) I am simon IC. (Formerly known as simon in canada). I can't always be here for the GDT's, but I always read them, and I watch every game when I get home, or the next day. I am very, very proud to be part of this group. I always have been! Go Blues!!!

Last edited:

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
I'll be here for the moment Petro lifts the cup with Backes watching.

Ok I'll go ahead and add a little bit more.

I'm currently 38 about to turn 39 and I have been a fan of the Blues since the mid 80's. I was never able to go see a Blues game at the old arena but I was taken to see the Steamers play there. My first game in person was the first year the new arena was built. Keal center? Sounds right but doesn't look right spelling it.

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Czeching in from Prague. Grew up in STL suburbs, been living here for quite awhile watching from afar. I really appreciate being able to talk hockey with you guys, helps me feel more connected to the team despite how far away I live. I've even taken the few people I had on ignore off the list, wanna share this experience with everyone. Good times! Na zdravi, fellow Blues fans! :cheers:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Czeching in from Prague. Grew up in STL suburbs, been living here for quite awhile watching from afar. I really appreciate being able to talk hockey with you guys, helps me feel more connected to the team despite how far away I live. I've even taken the few people I had on ignore off the list, wanna share this experience with everyone. Good times! Na zdravi, fellow Blues fans! :cheers:
I like the idea of hearing the state/country people are rooting from.

I think I'll start compiling a list. I know Simon said he was currently in the GTA, so I'll add that as well. I'll add others when they check in.

Last edited:

LGB51

2019 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION ST. LOUIS BLUES!
Oct 9, 2013
Arcola, IL
Hey guys, STLomachenko here formerly 91ReasonsYouLose among other names. I'm from a very small town in Central Illinois and also work nights like Simon which is why I post at such odd hours. I haven't posted or read here near as much over the last 2 seasons as I have been fighting cancer for 2+ years now, but I still watched all the games. This has been a very emotional week for me as I never thought I would see this happen in my lifetime, and my dad who always use to give me a hard time about the Blues (he was a Blackhawks fan) passing away in late December before the turnaround , it would have been awesome to turn the tables on him and actually watch the Blues in the finals with him for a change. I've been very happy to see so many of my favorite HF Blues posters return for the stretch run P9's, ChicagoBlues, Multimoodia or in 2MinuteMinors case being back for awhile just under a different name. I'm really happy to be here with all you guys, and get to watch the Blues playing for all the marbles. Lets do this boys!

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I'm Ray Renard.

I grew up here in St. Louis, where baseball was king. Hockey was unknown, at least to me and my friends and relatives. The Black Hawks had a farm team here that played in the Arena, but I didn't know anyone who had seen a game.

I was in college in 1967 when the Blues came to town. Some snowy night in that first season, a friend scored free tickets and I saw my first Blues game. We didn't know the rules, didn't even know there were three periods in a game instead of the usual four.

But I became a fan in that first season. The team made me proud in the finals against Montreal. We were SO overmatched, but we battled them and the games were all closely contested.

The Canadians had a tough guy named John Ferguson that seemed to be the heavyweight king of the NHL. I can't recall if he and Picard went at it in the finals . Picard was a feared fighter then too.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I grew up in STL but live in Chicago now. I am trying my best to convert this city into Blues fans (even if temporarily).

Also, I would have to think I am one of the longest tenured Blues fans on HF, so I have seen a lot of people come and go. It’s good to see people coming back!

Last edited:

The Grouch

Jan 31, 2009
@STLomacneko's excellent post mirrored similar feelings I've been having. The Blues getting into the finals has me thinking about all of the die-hard Blues fans who are no longer with us. I've known many who have been fans since the inception of the franchise. Family, friends, and acquaintances you've shared stories, trade talk, and analysis with over the years that unfortunately don't get to experience this. I'm sure there are many posters here with similar stories.

I'm happy to see this happen now and hopefully they can win the Cup.....because if it takes the Blues another 49 years to return to the finals, I doubt I will be alive to see it.

To finish off on a lighter note.....FFS I'm tired of St. Louis franchises losing championships to Boston franchises in this century. If a Superbowl and two World Series Championships is the karmatic cost that has been paid to ensure the Blues win the Stanley Cup this season then I'll happily take it.

AjaxManifesto

Pro sports is becoming predictable and boring
Mar 9, 2016
St. Louis
I grew up in suburban Chicago, went to school in STL, lived on the West Coast for 20 years, and now I'm back in STL.

I became a Blues fan in the mid 90s while going to Wash U grad school. We used to play roller hockey in a parking garage with Chinese students. From there I became an even bigger Blues fan and migrated to playing ice hockey. Best sport there is.

More about me:
Aerospace Engineer
Father of 2
Avid reader

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
I’m the note in MI, formerly the note in ky. May really only be known for the Hitchcock pyramid of greatness haha

Been a blues fan since I met my wife in college in 2010, not as long as many but I’ve watched damn near every game since. I took a brief hiatus of two years from the boards due to medical school, but returned this last year after we drafted Robert Thomas. This offseason got me hooked on the Blues again, and despite the terrible start to the season I’ve stuck around. Really excited to be a part of this experience and I hope in 10 years we can look back and see this thread and have good memories!

Originally from KC, joined while in med school in eastern Kentucky, then southern Indiana, now western Michigan. Will be returning to Missouri in July of next year as I start my career finally.

Been all over but one thing never changed and that was my love of the Blues!

It’s been cool to see some of my favorite posters return even if briefly

Damnit I was here.

Last edited:

Thallis

Progression is not linear
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
Figure I'll show myself here. I grew up in St. Louis with season tickets, but moved away a few years ago to the DC region for work. I've always liked having a place to talk hockey and this board has felt like home since I joined 9 (!!!) years ago. I'm not super active compared to some of you, but it's been a great place to be all the same. Now we better win this thing so we all don't look back at this as a gathering before tragedy strikes.

JoshFromMO

Apr 6, 2015
Missoura
I'm from Jefferson city, the great capital of Missouri. We got hit by an F5 tornado the other day.

I was born in 91 and started watching with my dad in 96. I stopped watching around 2003 or 2004 because high school and priorities. Came back around 2012 after getting my associate's and ive been hooked ever since!

AVictoryDive

Jan 7, 2013
Collinsville, IL
Grew up in St Louis and now live in Collinsville Illinois. Was born in 1986 and remember a little bit about the Arena days but really got into the Blues when Hull built the Kiel. More lurker than poster because I don’t have the mental capacity most of you peeps do. Plus I’m an introvert and borderline anti-social so I’m probably a serial killer in the making so...ummm...Let’s Go Blues?!?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->