Line Combos: 2018/19 Roster Discussion mk2 - Opening Night

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Hopefully Andersson will play so well that keeping him will be the only reason able option. With Stone in the press box and Hamonic back we could look at Hanifin-Andrersson and Valimaki-Hamonic pairings

Still wishing that 2018 pick was protected. Man having a Wahlstrom or Dobson in the system would be huge.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Anyone else find it odd that Lazar was sent down without a forward coming up? Hamonic going on IR would have opened up the spot for Andersson.
Why bring up someone just to have them sit in the press box? Would rather have that person playing in Stockton than sitting in Cgy. Glad they finally sent Curtis down. He's probably glad too. He needs to play not sit.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Why bring up someone just to have them sit in the press box? Would rather have that person playing in Stockton than sitting in Cgy. Glad they finally sent Curtis down. He's probably glad too. He needs to play not sit.
He hasn't played since being sent down and was just called up Friday. Since being sent down, the main roster has learned more about Peter's system , what's so bad about giving him a few practicing to get up to speed? People bitch and cry about this every year.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
He hasn't played since being sent down and was just called up Friday. Since being sent down, the main roster has learned more about Peter's system , what's so bad about giving him a few practicing to get up to speed? People ***** and cry about this every year.
Because right now, barring injury, there's no one in the Flames lineup that he would replace. Practice is ALL he would do up here. Keeping him here is a dumb move. Get him playing in the AHL. He wants that... everyone except you seems to want that. Its that simple.

Last edited:

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We've been a small/soft team for far too long. I don't care if he plays 5 minutes a night. We need that nuclear deterrent at the end of our bench. :box:
Who in the lineup do you want him to replace? If Peluso goes in someone has to come out.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Whoever is the 4RW I would say. Peluso isn't that slow and is responsible defensively.
So Frolik? Hard pass. But that said, I'd rather Lazar get some reps and a chance to play in Stockton and build up his confidence and let Peluso sit and eat popcorn. But injuries will happen and we will use our 13th and 14th forwards at some point in time.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
No. I would see Frodo playing LW. I don't think Dube will stick past 9 games.
He looked solid in game 1, even after getting his bell rung on his first shift. But I'm not committing to an opinion one way or another.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
To be honest, I want prout gone. To me he is a plug. I'd rather have our top be gio-brodie, hanfin-andersson, valimaki-stone. I like to keep stone for a long playoff run but if he gets out played by the junior guys, I'd rather have that.

Somebody is going to have to take a punch on the face sometime and I am sure we do not want our star player to do that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
We've been a small/soft team for far too long. I don't care if he plays 5 minutes a night. We need that nuclear deterrent at the end of our bench. :box:
Who in the lineup do you want him to replace? If Peluso goes in someone has to come out.
Whoever is the 4RW I would say. Peluso isn't that slow and is responsible defensively.
So right now Frolik is the RW of the Bennett-Janko line so if you put Peluso on that line and if he plays 5 minutes a game that means that Bennett and Janko will get around 5 minutes also barring any PP or PK time. I'm not in favour of that. Peluso will drag down the whole line's TOI.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Peluso is supposedly not playing tonight but I have a feeling there will be an "injury" in the warmup. Vancouver had best be on their toes tonight.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Peluso is supposedly not playing tonight but I have a feeling there will be an "injury" in the warmup. Vancouver had best be on their toes tonight.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

Why do they have to be on their toes?

They want Peluso on the ice. If he plays Mike Smith better be on his toes to save all the chances Vancouver gets thanks to Peluso.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Yeah had a feeling Peluso would be our popcorn muncher with Lazar sent down

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Everyone is very worried about putting Prout in, thinking suddenly our team won't be able to defend properly with guys like him and Stone. Just look at Vancouver's lineup that they beat us with. If we lose, it isn't because of the players we're dressing. If we play the right way, we should be able to roll our lines and win every shift.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Everyone is very worried about putting Prout in, thinking suddenly our team won't be able to defend properly with guys like him and Stone. Just look at Vancouver's lineup that they beat us with. If we lose, it isn't because of the players we're dressing. If we play the right way, we should be able to roll our lines and win every shift.
Exactly. We also won a playoff round without Giordano, Engelland, Russell and Wideman in our top 4 and a third pairing of Schlemko with one of Wotherspoon, Diaz or Potter.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad