Line Combos: 2018/19 Roster Discussion mk2 - Opening Night

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Typical Flames, even without Burke they still have to have useless ogres like Prout play instead of Andersson.

f*** skill, let's put dogshit players who get train run on because they're slow and useless and provide nothing on the ice. At least if Ras get's turn styled he provides some offense.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Typical Flames, even without Burke they still have to have useless ogres like Prout play instead of Andersson.

**** skill, let's put dog**** players who get train run on because they're slow and useless and provide nothing on the ice. At least if Ras get's turn styled he provides some offense.
You're welcome to cheer fire another team if they offend you so much

Reactions: Nanuuk

Corpus X

Wearing Stanley's cup.
May 24, 2014
Calgary
I think that goes with many people on all topics. Not just a few individuals chatting about hockey online.

I'm feeling like Peter Quill explaining Starlord on this... but I am kinda known as the guy who ends up posting walls of text explaining and over explaining commonly held opinions, devil's advocate opinions, and just straight up left field opinions. So perhaps I was especially a bit more annoyed at your post than necessary when you were talking about not looking at both sides of the issue, because it's always something I try to do.

But whatever, water under the bridge. We cool?

The coolest.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

**** skill, let's put dog**** players who get train run on because they're slow and useless and provide nothing on the ice. At least if Ras get's turn styled he provides some offense.
I don’t mind it at all, as long as it’s just Vancouver. We got beat on the scoreboard, with skill, and beat up. You can’t let that happen with a young team, two games in a row, to start the season. Send a message and other teams take note. If the difference between Hamonic and Prout is win or lose, against a team like Vancouver, then we’re in big trouble anyways.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017

What does Burke have to do with anything?

And since when does a guy being big mean that they are bad?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
How is it looking?
Looks ok but its really hard to get a good read on it. Its practice after all. Everything looks good in practice. Its during the game under pressure when things start to fall apart. Practicing set plays and redirected shots on net.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Practicing faceoffs this morning.
resize1.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014

Umm... what?

Prout is the end result of trading Keegan Kanzig. We traded Kanzig for Lack. Then we didn't need lack clogging up our system, so we traded him to NJ for Prout. Kanzig -> Prout is an upgrade no matter how you view it. Someone will generally always want a guy like Prout over Kanzig. That trade was like finding free money. I honestly think Treliving moved Lack for whatever he could and it just happened to be Prout.

I don't think it had much to do with Burke.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Hathaway and Dube practicing swatting mid air pucks into the net. Dube probably had a 30-40% success rate... Hathaway about 10%..
resize3.jpg

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
Is he waiver exempt? If not, I don't think he wont get claimed by anyone.

He already cleared waivers before the season started so he doesn't have to clear them again for 30 days.

Essentially this. Org has 30 days after initially clearing waivers to assign the player to the farm without having to expose him to waivers again. We are within 30 days of him clearing waivers, so no need to go through it again. Treliving likes to do this at times for flexibility reasons.

Management tried doing this with Byron once upon a time. Byron as we all know was claimed.

I believe management did this with Freddie Hamilton once upon a time (I might be wrong). Freddie was on the roster for over 30 days, so they had to put him on waivers a second time (I think the second time he was claimed by an injury riddled Arizona roster... or tinfoil hat on, Burke called Chayka and told him to claim Freddie if he wanted to be forgiven for the Dougie rumors that Chayka supposedly spread).

Asimplehockeyfan

Sep 6, 2018
Essentially this. Org has 30 days after initially clearing waivers to assign the player to the farm without having to expose him to waivers again. We are within 30 days of him clearing waivers, so no need to go through it again. Treliving likes to do this at times for flexibility reasons.

Management tried doing this with Byron once upon a time. Byron as we all know was claimed.

I believe management did this with Freddie Hamilton once upon a time (I might be wrong). Freddie was on the roster for over 30 days, so they had to put him on waivers a second time (I think the second time he was claimed by an injury riddled Arizona roster... or tinfoil hat on, Burke called Chayka and told him to claim Freddie if he wanted to be forgiven for the Dougie rumors that Chayka supposedly spread).
2fe138b98c283623fcd2b6f3094c3735.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3