Line Combos: 2018/19 Roster Discussion mk2 - Opening Night

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Saw that Valimaki was - 2 for his first game, do we know if him and Andersson will switch for time to time?
Probably depends on how good Valimaki - Prout look tonight. If they shit the bed I fully expect Andersson to be in the lineup next game.
I will say however, that Andersson is better than Prout so maybe it might not take shitting the bed to get Andersson into the lineup... maybe pissing the bed will be enough.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Saw that Valimaki was - 2 for his first game, do we know if him and Andersson will switch for time to time?

They play different sides so that likely is a factor but it is possible that they move Stone to the left and bring Andersson in buttgat doesn’t seem to be their preference.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Andersson should absolutely be in; Prout was all kinds of terrible. Bennett definitely deserves the promotion. That's a good third line.

Jankowski hasn't been great but neither Hathaway nor Peluso, especially Pelsuo, make the team better.

Reactions: Johnny Hoxville

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I will say I'm surprised they're considering an all-rookie third pairing.

To anyone who followed pre-season more intently than I: Did we see pairing at all?

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary

Hanifin and Dube in for pp2, Ryan and Brodie out.

This I find interesting because Brodie has barely got any pk time, so if that trend continues along with this change Brodie will only see the ice 5v5.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

This I find interesting because Brodie has barely got any pk time, so if that trend continues along with this change Brodie will only see the ice 5v5.

Without Hamonic, Brodie is going to need to kill some penalties.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

It's especially bizarre since Brodie last year was possibly our best PKer along with Hamonic and Giordano. Stone and Hamilton were our worst PKers yet Stone got the bump before Brodie last game and struggled in that role yet again.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I’m not sure panicked is the right word. But questioning why Bennett is barely playing minutes is more along the lines of what I was doing. It’s refreshing to see Peters makes changes.

Exactly. No one was panicking after a 7-4 win. But snipetype saying that Bennett should continue to play on a fourth line getting under six minutes of ES time to gain confidence was just a baffling claim.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
Exactly. No one was panicking after a 7-4 win. But snipetype saying that Bennett should continue to play on a fourth line getting under six minutes of ES time to gain confidence was just a baffling claim.

Yeah... going to play against the Kulak’s and Prout’s of the league instead of the Gio’s and Brodie’s will do horrible things for his confidence...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
It's especially bizarre since Brodie last year was possibly our best PKer along with Hamonic and Giordano. Stone and Hamilton were our worst PKers yet Stone got the bump before Brodie last game and struggled in that role yet again.
The more you talk the more I wonder what the hell you think you are watching.

1) Stone and Brodie gave up very similar amounts of PPGA per minute. Brodie was more active in creating turnovers, while Stone was a shot blocking presence. They are very different types of PKers but were pretty equally effective.

2) Hamilton never killed penalties, the only time he was on the PK when they had no choice. Matt Bartkowski saw more PK time per game than Hamilton. So why even bring him up in the conversation? Let alone put Stone in the same category as him.

3) Stone received more PK time with the Hamonic injury because he kills penalties similarly to Hamonic (getting in shooting lanes and being more physical), where as Brodie is more passive physically and it doesn't fit as well with Giordano when on the PK

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Yeah... going to play against the Kulak’s and Prout’s of the league instead of the Gio’s and Brodie’s will do horrible things for his confidence...
We're sending Bennett to the AHL? That's where you will find that level of defender

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad