Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread II (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway
RIAL was TPS who was RIAL. :laugh:

I might take his lead and go back to Foppa2118. I don't like the new handle anymore. Bad vibes with that character.
Wait, RIAL/TPS is the original RIAL? Thought that was just a coincident? Damn, he must have been just a kid the first time around.

Reactions: RoyIsALegend

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Wait, RIAL/TPS is the original RIAL? Thought that was just a coincident? Damn, he must have been just a kid the first time around.

I’ve been off and on of HFB for about 20 years.

I still remember cursing Matvichuk in Stars forums in the late 90s here. I was like 12 or 13 then. Then I posted infrequently for a few years while junior hockey took precedent. Came back a lot around 19/20, got banned a bunch for Canucks fan wars(arch nemesis was that Cloutier poster), made fake accounts like LiaR, FreeTheGoodMan, etc until they let me keep TwoPadStack.

Finally got my RiaL one back after like a 10 year ban on that account, lol.

Now I’m just a washed up, married 33 year old with kids and lots of scotch.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I joined when I was like 14 to read the QMJHl draft and scouting boards to see if anyone ever talked about me lol. I ended up not being good enough to be spoken about so I would post to praise my friends who were good enough.

Now I’m a 27 year old fanboy who enjoys arguing with other people on the internet while pretending to know more about the sport than them when I probably don’t.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I joined when I was like 14 to read the QMJHl draft and scouting boards to see if anyone ever talked about me lol. I ended up not being good enough to be spoken about so I would post to praise my friends who were good enough.

Now I’m a 27 year old fanboy who enjoys arguing with other people on the internet while pretending to know more about the sport than them when I probably don’t.

Glad I'm not only the one who first started lurking here to see if any of my friends were getting hyped :laugh:

Still weird that I'm going to turn 30 before you though...

Last edited:
Reactions: Cousin Eddie

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

I still remember cursing Matvichuk in Stars forums in the late 90s here. I was like 12 or 13 then. Then I posted infrequently for a few years while junior hockey took precedent. Came back a lot around 19/20, got banned a bunch for Canucks fan wars(arch nemesis was that Cloutier poster), made fake accounts like LiaR, FreeTheGoodMan, etc until they let me keep TwoPadStack.

Now I’m just a washed up, married 33 year old with kids and lots of scotch
...and obsessed with LGred....

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Is Morrison goin to Loveland next year?

I’m neither clued in, nor expert enough regarding hockey prospects, but my guess is if he’s going to have a future with Colorado he needs to be. I’d wager he needs at a minimum 2 years in the A to round out his game to NHL level.

Defensively, I’m not hockey smart enough to tell you what his biggest deficiencies are, but he undoubtedly has aspects to improve.

Offensively, to me, he needs to get more creative/aggressive at creating his own shot. I’m unsure whether it’s Jacksons’ system, or Morrison himself, but he seems to zero in on his role of mucking it up in front of the net to screen the goalie, get deflections, & rebounds, or playing the puck behind the net, moving it to the slot, or front of the goal.

In my opinion he has a deceptive wrist shot that is underutilized. Whether that’s a result of him being too focused on his role as a mucker & puck mover in the offensive system, or Jackson instructing him to do so is anyone’s guess.

Having watched quite a bit of ND hockey the last 3 seasons my impression is Jackson utilizes an offensive style predicated on low risk, methodical, team possession, which doesn’t allow for tons of creativity. It’s likely why he doesn’t land blue chip, 1-2 years & done caliber recruits. That said, the longer players are in his system the best ones are seemingly allowed more leeway to be more creative, & take more risks, which makes sense.

With Cam he still seems to stick almost exclusively to his basic offensive role. Through 23 games he has 8 goals & 9 assists, averaging 0.74 PPG. He’s taken 57 shots, for a shooting % of 14, with an average of 2.5 SPG.

His commitment to a PF’s role of being a net front nuisance is a positive, while he provides a nice, physical element for his team defensively. Whichever pro teams’ farm system he winds up in, hopefully they can improve his ability/willingness to create/look to create his own shot more.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Divorced, lived in 5 different places, married, and two kids. Along with Three different jobs lol.

Lost my sister & a number of friends; almost had a kid & got married; almost got deported, at which point I was preparing to move back to germany & follow some friends into coaching professionally (soccer); lived in 2 different cities (Chicago & SF), 2 different towns (Buffalo & Taos) and a few different parts of Chicago; gone through 3 different careers (research side of biology, financial side of pharma, & now management at a steel mill)...

...yeah, some things have changed since I first started lurking on here back in Sakic's playing days lol.

Last edited:

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Lost my sister & a 4 close friends; almost got married & had a kid; almost got stuck deported at which point I was preparing to move back to germany & follow some friends into coaching Soccer; lived in 2 different cities (Chicago & SF), 2 different towns (Buffalo & Taos) and a few different parts of Chicago; gone through 3 different careers (research side of biology, financial side of pharma, & now management at a steel mill); nevermind the insanity that has been my love/sex life for the past decade & a half...

...yeah, some things have changed since I first started lurking on here back in Sakic's playing days lol.

Oh god, I don't even want to go into the lurking days. That is just my signup date lol. This place has has also been a welcome distraction and outlet during difficult times.

Life is pretty chaotic for a lot of us when you look at it in even 5 year sections.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
In my opinion he has a deceptive wrist shot that is underutilized. Whether that’s a result of him being too focused on his role as a mucker & puck mover in the offensive system, or Jackson instructing him to do so is anyone’s guess.
No, you're right. It's more that his playmaking skills are quite underrated, but considering how he played in the USHL he doesn't use his shot enough (which is good). One aspect I think he's also improved in is his stone hands, two years ago it was really bad, but now he's passable. Wish he had a bit more talent, but it also seems that Jackson allows other players to have more offencive freedom than someone like Morrison.

Reactions: Spleenless Wonder21

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Oh god, I don't even want to go into the lurking days. That is just my signup date lol. This place has has also been a welcome distraction and outlet during difficult times.

Life is pretty chaotic for a lot of us when you look at it in even 5 year sections.

FWIW all of that has happened since I actually signed up :laugh:

My lurking years saw their fair share of youthful craziness, but none of it was really all that significant in the long run...aka not much from those days will get it's own chapter in my biography...just the typical sort of trouble/fun that a good-looking & abnormally-lucky guy, who was earning way more than any teenager should when I started working in a lab while going to university in Buffalo, could get himself into lol

Reactions: CobraAcesS

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
FWIW all of that has happened since I actually signed up :laugh:

My lurking years saw their fair share of youthful craziness, but none of it was really all that significant in the long run...aka not much from those days will get it's own chapter in my biography...just the typical sort of trouble/fun that a good-looking & abnormally-lucky guy, who was earning way more than any teenager should when I started working in a lab while going to university in Buffalo, could get himself into lol

Yeah, having money at 18 is really dangerous lol.

Reactions: cgf

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
RIAL was TPS who was RIAL. :laugh:

I might take his lead and go back to Foppa2118. I don't like the new handle anymore. Bad vibes with that character.

I wish all of the old school guys would go back to their original names. I'm old and get confused when you guys change your name. I actually missed your name change from 2118, and PM'd a mod to see if she knew what happened to you, were you posting in another forum, etc. Turns out, you were posting under the new name all along, and I missed the name change. :laugh:

I paid better attention when Poke and TPS changed their names.

Oh, the reminiscing....

-AB

VikingAv

Mediiic!!
Jun 18, 2006
Norway

Yeah, that's what I remember about the old RIAL (I was lurking quite some time before joining). Just didn't think that could have been you :laugh:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Yeah, having money at 18 is really dangerous lol.

The worst thing about it was that I had abnormally good luck with cards & dice, so could supplement the money I was making by gambling with the Qatari kids from my buddy's dorm...throw in a nifty side hustle every couple of months & I always had plenty to get myself into trouble. Thank god that at that point I hadn't yet picked up any expensive habits nor was my taste as bougie as it's since gotten :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: CobraAcesS

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO

You were quite a hothead back in the day ;)

How many of you remember the original HF circa late 90's where it was a single forum, white background, blue text - all the threads just ran on the page with no organization, just newest posts on top with all the replies stacked below each original post. I know RIAL was there for that because he stirred the pot with the best of them as a youngin. I fondly remember the tempest surrounding what PL was trying to do in the '98 draft, whether he was going to be able to pull Vinny with his bushel of picks. I remember some really hot takes on one Adam Colagiacomo (was a Sharks prospect back in the day...the Cola wars). I remember trying to project what I thought some of our top prospects like Ville Nieminen, Riku Hahl and Dan Hinote would turn into someday. And the feeling Skoula could be a future HoF after watching him in the '01 playoffs with Bourque, only for Puck Poise to become one of the top memes of early HF (I'm sure many of you remember that one).

73738921.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad