Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan2123

Jan 21, 2014
Illinois
Andrei is the chairman of the KHLPA... because of that Nikolai has a significant presence there already and some expectations on him. I'd say odds are high they will want 2 solid KHL seasons out of him and since this is a 2 way deal, a year mixed between MHL and KHL and then 2 in the KHL is probably the expectation from this. I don't think there is doubt he will come over eventually, but he might be 22 or 23 before he does.

Question is, will we still have his rights when that contract expires? My knowledge of European prospect rights isn’t up to par.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

6. Colorado Avalanche

When is the right time to admit GM Joe Sakic knows what he's doing? Because it was about a year ago when his managerial acumen was questioned simply for lengthening the Matt Duchene saga longer than the fans wanted it to go. In the end, however, Sakic made out like a bandit, turning his maligned center into three stud prospects in centers Shane Bowers and Vladislav Kamenev and defender Samuel Girard. The Avalanche already own two premier young defensemen in Conor Timmins and Cale Makar, but the crown jewel of Sakic's prized assets is Ottawa's unprotected 2019 first-round pick, which may end up being the first overall pick.

Interesting Avs top 10 in that article starting with #1.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Interesting Avs top 10 in that article starting with #1.

He posted this in the prospect thread and has many mistakes in the article, such as San Antonio as the farm system, still has Kaut playing in Pardubice next year, has Shvyryov playing in the KHL, and has Mironov in the top 10. It's still good work worth reading, but it honestly seems like he half-assed the Avs.

E: Just saw that he fixed them after I said something.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Add Kovalenko. The KHL contracts have never had an outclause. You are misinformed by your media and NHL´s GMs. Plus, the KHL is better for development of the Russian prospects than NA route as Kuznetsov, Panarin & Tarasenko showed.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It's fine having Kovalenko stay in Russia. With Kaut/Shvyrev and others needing development there isn't room for everyone. In two-three years time he might be ready to take the step.

Reactions: klozge

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I saw that on his Instagram a few days ago and LOL’d. Most kids would take that jersey and frame it. In fact, probably every kid would. Kaut stretches it out over his shouldies for some summer practice. Amazing.

Reactions: LieutenantDangle

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nice that Kaut shoots right. Avs don't have that many righties up front. Just MacKinnon and Compher on the current team.

I don't think it's that big of a deal but especially on the power play it can cause issues if everyone's shooting on the same side.

Reactions: Waingro

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Nice that Kaut shoots right. Avs don't have that many righties up front. Just MacKinnon and Compher on the current team.

I don't think it's that big of a deal but especially on the power play it can cause issues if everyone's shooting on the same side.

I think it's a fairly significant factor. A right handed RW, along with a top notch goaltender, was probably the biggest hole in the prospect pool.

Made more important by the fact that they look to be giving Jost every opportunity to lock down the #2C spot, and he needs quality wingers to form chemistry with. A big, powerful, right handed RW, shooter/passer is the perfect fit for his wing on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad