Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Today at Vierumäki, Martin Kaut registered an assist to a goal also assisted on by Martin Necas and scored by Karel Plasek, as Team Czech Republic lost to Team Finland 9-3 in a friendly. Jakub Skarek let in all the goals and probably told Ronald Corey something on the way out.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Okay, it's a redo from yesterday and this time the Czechs are up 5-0 after two. Kaut and Necas assisted on Bukac's goal to make it 2-0. And regarding the U20 games, Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen is in net tonight and Lassi Lehtinen played a pretty good game yesterday...

I'll watch the last twenty, so let's hope something happens.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Postanin CB Ting

Apr 6, 2012
Beards progressing nicely.. knew it would seeing that 5 o'clock shadow at the draft.
Any guesses on what number he will wear for us?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Beards progressing nicely.. knew it would seeing that 5 o'clock shadow at the draft.
He wore 50 at dev camp, but that sounds random and he'll probably pick something for himself as a first rounder.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
He wore 50 at dev camp, but that sounds random and he'll probably pick something for himself as a first rounder.
He seems to have been wearing #61 before in Pardubice. Also seems to be wearing #61 here:

Dg4fcMVVQAACQzs.jpg

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic had 3 Avs in his top 50. Makar at 19, Kamenev at 44, and Timmins at 47. I was pretty surprised to see Kamenev there.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Scott Wheeler of the Athletic had 3 Avs in his top 50. Makar at 19, Kamenev at 44, and Timmins at 47. I was pretty surprised to see Kamenev there.

I know that some are really high on Kamenev as a prospect. Craig Button has spoken about him in glowing terms in the past and I believe had him ranked in the top-15 in his draft rankings. Kamenev seemed to suffer from the Russian factor in the draft.

I am really high on him as well, but this is a critical camp and time for Kamenev coming into the new season. I don't believe he has much to prove at the AHL level and this is his time to establish himself as an NHL player. He will have the opportunity, but he will need to seize it.

I think that Makar is ranked too low on that list, without knowing what prospects are ranked ahead of him. I am unabashedly a fan of Makar as a prospect, so I am biased, but I think he will be the real deal once he reaches the NHL.

GoNordiquesGo

Oct 1, 2016
Montreal, Quebec
They also mentionned that it was erroneously reported thatTimmins missed development camps because of concussion symptoms whereas it was becasue of his ankle.

Its funny because I've heard this sentence inreverse also (erroneously reported it was the ankle whereas it was concussion...).

Lets just hope it WAS the ankle.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
OT but what happened with Nolan Foote over the last year? In the way too early 2019 draft talk about a year ago he was talked about as a potential top 5 pick. I just saw HockeyProsect's first ranking, which is still way too early, and he's not even in their top 31.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
They also mentionned that it was erroneously reported thatTimmins missed development camps because of concussion symptoms whereas it was becasue of his ankle.

Its funny because I've heard this sentence inreverse also (erroneously reported it was the ankle whereas it was concussion...).

Lets just hope it WAS the ankle.

It was a bit of both. Ankle has been a longer issue and the concussion was more precautionary. The hit he took in the playoffs was insane so no harm in rushing him back. It'll take time for him to get back to game speed after being out so long anyways. The Avs are set on D so no need to rush the kid.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
OT but what happened with Nolan Foote over the last year? In the way too early 2019 draft talk about a year ago he was talked about as a potential top 5 pick. I just saw HockeyProsect's first ranking, which is still way too early, and he's not even in their top 31.

He had an awful year last year and looks like a beanpole. 13 goals last season. He’s like 175 pounds and 6’4”. Callan needs to whoop his ass into shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->