Prospect Info: 2018-19 Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA, Junior A, Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bowers' versatility and strong two-way game might earn him a spot but Canada still has to cut four forwards. I won't be surprised either way.

Kovalenko and Zhuravlyov made it through the first round of cuts for Russia and are travelling to Canada. I believe Kovalenko was on the top line in camp with Kravtsov and Denisenko so that could be a good sign for his chances but who knows.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Sucks to suck!!

9k11jt.jpg

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Bowers survives another round of cuts. Two more forwards need to go before Christmas.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Formenton out with his injury so that leaves one more cut to go

Yeah, just saw that. So one more forward needs to go from the following:

Anderson-Dolan, Bowers, Comtois, Entwistle, Frost, Glass, Hayton, Lafreniere, Leason, Studnicka, Suzuki, Tippett, Veleno, and Vilardi.

Reactions: Avalanche

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How come no one is talking about Saigeon? Kid's killing it in OHL and I just heard he has NHL caliber attributes already like his shot and stuff. What's the future for this kid on the Avs?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
How come no one is talking about Saigeon? Kid's killing it in OHL and I just heard he has NHL caliber attributes already like his shot and stuff. What's the future for this kid on the Avs?
IMHO, his ceiling is AHL superstar/2nd callup option. He's an overager and dominance is expected in that circumstance. I'm pretty low on the pick, I just don't see NHL upside as more than a tweener, Sheldon Dries type.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
IMHO, his ceiling is AHL superstar/2nd callup option. He's an overager and dominance is expected in that circumstance. I'm pretty low on the pick, I just don't see NHL upside as more than a tweener, Sheldon Dries type.
That sucks, Avs do really need few good forward prospects

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That sucks, Avs do really need few good forward prospects

Kaut's a really good prospect. Greer looks like he's ready to take his best swing at a regular spot in the near future. Shvyryov is adapting to NA & doing a nice job in a 4th line role, to go with his high skill level & ceiling. I'm lowkey intrigued by Lewis, his skill & chippiness combo makes him a little like AHL-Compher. Then outside of Loveland there's still Bowers, Weiss, Kovalenko, & Ranta as intriguing NHL prospects.

That's 7...or 8 if Lewis does become a Ghetto-upgrade...kids with NHL skillsets that aren't yet on the roster without counting the purely-4th line prospects. How well those kids develop is certainly still up in the air, but it's not like the cubbards are bare again. It's just bluechip prospects that we lack, not interesting A- & B-prospects.

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
yeah, I agree with that on Saigeon, but you never know he may shock us but I very much doubt it would be nice for a prospect of his level to surprise us.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Kaut's a really good prospect. Greer looks like he's ready to take his best swing at a regular spot in the near future. Shvyryov is adapting to NA & doing a nice job in a 4th line role, to go with his high skill level & ceiling. I'm lowkey intrigued by Lewis, his skill & chippiness combo makes him a little like AHL-Compher. Then outside of Loveland there's still Bowers, Weiss, Kovalenko, & Ranta as intriguing NHL prospects.

That's 7...or 8 if Lewis does become a Ghetto-upgrade...kids with NHL skillsets that aren't yet on the roster without counting the purely-4th line prospects. How well those kids develop is certainly still up in the air, but it's not like the cubbards are bare again. It's just bluechip prospects that we lack, not interesting A- & B-prospects.
When I said Avs need good forward prospects I should have been more clear, I meant forwards with top 6 NHL potential. Hopefully Kaut can develop into one

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
When I said Avs need good forward prospects I should have been more clear, I meant forwards with top 6 NHL potential. Hopefully Kaut can develop into one

A lot of those kids have top 6 potential, it's just that few of them are sure things or have top line potential...and between the big line and the other kids in the NHL already we're not exactly looking to fill all that many holes either in the current lineup or the lineup of the future. :dunno:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
A lot of those kids have top 6 potential, it's just that few of them are sure things or have top line potential...and between the big line and the other kids in the NHL already we're not exactly looking to fill all that many holes either in the current lineup or the lineup of the future. :dunno:
In my opinion, if the Avs gonna become true cup contenders, they're pretty much gonna need an entire new 2nd line.

I mean can you really see Kerfoot, Jost or whoever else plays on the 2nd line have that much impact? I'm not seeing it

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
In my opinion, if the Avs gonna become true cup contenders, they're pretty much gonna need an entire new 2nd line.

I mean can you really see Kerfoot, Jost or whoever else plays on the 2nd line have that much impact? I'm not seeing it
If only they had a high draft pick and tons of cap space to accomplish that goal...:banghead:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

If we had a legit 1b C like Zibby or Schenn? Definitely. If we could get Zibanejad this summer for our 1st, Timmins & Kerfoot; then i’d be perfectly thrilled with Jost, Compher, Kaut, & maybe the Ottawa pick as our winger options for that 2nd line next year. Even if we couldn’t land any of the wingers worth paying for in FA to join Zibby on that line.

Especially with one (or two) of those four kids, Soda, Kam, Greer, Longbeach, f***in-Calvert, probably Gork & maybe Bowers; to fill out the 3rd & 4th lines...and Makar joining Girard, Barrie, Zadorov, EJ & Cole on the blueline.

Reactions: the_fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad