• He Attac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Based on Likes and posts it seems that "No Cup" and "On Paper" were the favorites by most.
So I was sitting eating desert with my kids, one was eating Chocolate pudding and the other Butterscotch. As kids do, they decided to try each others and got chocolate in the butterscotch and butterscotch in the chocolate and made it even better according to both.

This gave me an epiphany and I thought I too would take two good ideas and try to combine them into something better. Behold I give you the next option in 2019 SCF avatar ideas.

NO PAPER CUP

vH1Eujo.gif

That is hilarious! Want!! :laugh:

Only small thingy - would it be possible to see what it looks like without the word "Reality" as part of the "No Cup" stamp? Just saying "No Cup". The final frame is perfect.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Based on Likes and posts it seems that "No Cup" and "On Paper" were the favorites by most.
So I was sitting eating desert with my kids, one was eating Chocolate pudding and the other Butterscotch. As kids do, they decided to try each others and got chocolate in the butterscotch and butterscotch in the chocolate and made it even better according to both.

This gave me an epiphany and I thought I too would take two good ideas and try to combine them into something better. Behold I give you the next option in 2019 SCF avatar ideas.

NO PAPER CUP

vH1Eujo.gif

Gentlemen..... We have the technology

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I prefer one or the other. Not both.
Agree with this. "On Paper" is easy to explain. As is no Cup. On Paper + No Cup = having to explain two jokes.

On Paper is the front runner IMO. It's just a great visual joke. I want one that says "Tampa is the best team in the league" with the standings, and then the standings written on paper.

Reactions: JoVel

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Agree with this. "On Paper" is easy to explain. As is no Cup. On Paper + No Cup = having to explain two jokes.

On Paper is the front runner IMO. It's just a great visual joke. I want one that says "Tampa is the best team in the league" with the standings, and then the standings written on paper.

We've had like 11 main boards threads since October. Each one littered with pages of how we haven't won the Cup.

We really need to explain?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It gets confusing with the two memes in one avatar. Save no Cup for next season.

I think it's the fact we have been talking about this for so long. It's creating a perception. Anyone on HF Boards knows what "on paper" means. It's a setup. The fact we are mocking we haven't won a Cup yet is the punchline.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Can inject some corny jokes into the "No Cup" meme.

Why does Stamkos drink directly from the milk carton (or whatever you guys use in Florida)? Because he has no cup!

Why did Sami Salo.... actually, nevermind

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
As much as I love the paper cup combo, I'd be perfectly happy with just one or the other for the playoff avatars.

Though in that case, I'd prefer the On Paper one more than the No Cups one 'cause I think the visuals are more fun.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

On Paper kind of encompasses No Cup too. And it's such an obvious troll on HF, whereas, "No Cup" doesn't always look like a joke. And each one might need to be particularly worded to make sure the joke is clear. I feel like On Paper was an improvement on No Cup.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
On paper is great. For myself, I'd love one of JT Miller as the 'biggest bozo' but instead of drawing it, screenshot there first page of the actual thread (turn it on a slight angle for effect) for the 'on paper' portion with something on it stating 'On Paper'.

Reactions: DFC

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

I was not sure how this would look, (stickmen are easy to draw, standings list was not sure), so I gave it a go.
Obviously end of season ranks will look different.
fmFwhtq.gif

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
On paper is great. For myself, I'd love one of JT Miller as the 'biggest bozo' but instead of drawing it, screenshot there first page of the actual thread (turn it on a slight angle for effect) for the 'on paper' portion with something on it stating 'On Paper'.

Just trying different things out at the moment.
Changed up the final frames.

2FncQpv.gif

Reactions: J T Money

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Reading the Yzerman thread on the main boards, we need to do avatars about them Florida taxes in the future (probably not this season since everyone has already fallen in love with on paper/no Cup).

Something like

"Draft the NHL leading scorer on round two"

"But taxes!" or "But it's so easy with thise taxes!".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad