• He Attac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Did a search on the main boards and the phrase "haven't won a cup" was the most used in the "Are the Lightning the Golden State Warriors of the NHL" and "Tampa is the most complete team" among other threads So I did an update.

p66h06M.gif

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Did a search on the main boards and the phrase "haven't won a cup" was the most used in the "Are the Lightning the Golden State Warriors of the NHL" and "Tampa is the most complete team" among other threads So I did an update.

p66h06M.gif
I think it should be a bigger f u to the main boards. I mean that gif makes sense and is funny. When people call us the GS Warriors it's definitely reasonable to point that out, but it's also mentioned whenever someone gives even the slightest of compliments to the Lightning. Something like "Hedman is a top 5 defenseman... .... hasn't won a Cup". "Stamkos, a two time Rocket winner" etc.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
I think it should be a bigger f u to the main boards. I mean that gif makes sense and is funny. When people call us the GS Warriors it's definitely reasonable to point that out, but it's also mentioned whenever someone gives even the slightest of compliments to the Lightning. Something like "Hedman is a top 5 defenseman... .... hasn't won a Cup". "Stamkos, a two time Rocket winner" etc.

Oh absolutely. I just used that as a demo.

Reactions: JoVel

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

p66h06M.gif

I'm ready to rock this avatar right now. Great job, I was looking for something a little more petty and this fits the bill.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Combine the two? I think this would be perfect.

"Hedman is a Norris winning defenseman" with his picture on a paper....crumble the paper up and say "...on paper". Toss the paper into the Stanley Cup like the above and then come in with the "Golden State Warriors of the NHL", stamp "Hasn't won a Cup"....and then use the redacted bit from the previous avatar.

If you can fit all of that into one avatar, that would be perfect for me. Then we can each be a little different by using different players instead of Hedman

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

"Hedman is a Norris winning defenseman" with his picture on a paper....crumble the paper up and say "...on paper". Toss the paper into the Stanley Cup like the above and then come in with the "Golden State Warriors of the NHL", stamp "Hasn't won a Cup"....and then use the redacted bit from the previous avatar.

If you can fit all of that into one avatar, that would be perfect for me. Then we can each be a little different by using different players instead of Hedman

Bump for Phobia :)

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I really like the crumpled paper ones. One could just be "Golden State Warriors of the NHL... on paper" and I'd be happy with that one, lol. Not sure how many unique ones can be done with just GSW as the theme.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary

Hope this is what you meant.
49aTszW.gif

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Did a retry of combing the two ideas.

VKj1NWZ.gif

Honestly though I think going with either "on paper" or "No Cup" is the way to go as they have just enough frames that I don’t have to sacrifice too much quality. I will say while on paper does take more work to do (having to do the stick man of the picture) I find it more fun for that same reason. No cup is quite a bit easier to produce.

Of course there is always the chance a new idea comes up too.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->