GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
The thought of Chicago or LA getting Hughes, with their existing cores, makes me more upset the more I think about it. We need to do the occasional tank season to pick up these high-end players. Look at Timo. We should bottom-5 finish every 5 years to get us a Timo. It would let us maintain our competitive status basically indefinitely, with our late round drafting and ability to trade for superstars.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The thought of Chicago or LA getting Hughes, with their existing cores, makes me more upset the more I think about it. We need to do the occasional tank season to pick up these high-end players. Look at Timo. We should bottom-5 finish every 5 years to get us a Timo. It would let us maintain our competitive status basically indefinitely, with our late round drafting and ability to trade for superstars.

We were lucky to get Timo. Any other year, if you get the 9th overall pick and pick the 3rd-5th best player available, you’re not getting a player of Timo’s caliber.

Reactions: Sandisfan and Phu

Sharksfan83

Jul 27, 2010
Only need Tampa to finish the game off to make a point on the whole pacific, even though we played poorly..

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Hopefully TB is peaking early because I don't see anyone beating them if Vasi even just plays average. They've scored at least 4 goals in 13 of 14 and at least 5 in 11 of 14. It'll be the Sharks' luck if they somehow made it to the finals only to run into another buzzsaw.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Hopefully TB is peaking early because I don't see anyone beating them if Vasi even just plays average. They've scored at least 4 goals in 13 of 14 and at least 5 in 11 of 14. It'll be the Sharks' luck if they somehow made it to the finals only to run into another buzzsaw.
Kucherov has 51 points in his last 26 games.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Flames lose in OT. If we beat them in regulation on Monday we could be on top of the Pacific for the time being.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
Boston getting it done tonight (hopefully I don’t speak too soon after an EN goal)

Another really chippy game by the flames, I expect us to surpass their intensity when we see them again

Their goalie is jones-like. Brilliant one moment, terrible the next.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
1 of those names is not like the others. Even with thornton being in place of ekman i would think to say the same thing. But ekman is just way to far into left field in that list lol.

Reactions: Sandisfan

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I was watching the Tampa Bay game last night and yes it was against the Kings, but man the Lightning are fun to watch. I'm worried about the game tomorrow night (As it blow out for the lightning) but the Sharks are better then the Kings. Still, the way the lightning move the puck around and how quick they are, I wish the Sharks were like that.

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Balcers played 7:45 tonight with Ottawa in a 4-3 loss. About 3 minutes fewer than any other forward. He had one hit and one giveaway.

Ottawa and Los Angeles are battling it out for last in the NHL. They’re currently tied for last in points percentage, but LA plays against Edmonton tonight.

Outside of maybe Vegas, I don’t think there are any two (remotely realistic) teams that I would rather see at the bottom. LA is, well, you know, the Kings. And Ottawa, man, I’ll admit it; I’m still salty about the narratives that were written in the two weeks following the Karlsson trade. After many passionate arguments with fans who insisted that Ottawa was better without Karlsson, or that DeMelo and Tierney were fantastic players that were integral to San Jose’s success, I really want people to see just how wrong they were. I mean, I know they were wrong, and they probably know they were wrong at this point, but I want them to be real wrong.

(No offense to the Senators/Karlsson fans who post on this board. i still like having you guys here. :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad