GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I will never understand anyone saying Gretzky wasn't the greatest player of all time. His records are so far beyond incredible that it's legitimately mind-boggling.

Its because he played during the same time against someone that was arguably more skilled and more dominate but just injured more.

And also people tend to think bobby orr did more considering his position and how he just changed how not only the nhl played but hockey in general.

Last edited:

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The west only has 7 teams above .500 points percentage. At this rate, somebody will make the playoffs as the 3rd seed in the Pacific with 82 points.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Flames up 5-0 against Golden Knights. In the 1st period.

The Golden Knights will have 8 ROW and 19 points in 22 games once this is over.

They’re lucky to be in such a god awful decision where right now, >.500P% is good for 3rd place. If they were in a solid division, I would pretty comfortably say that they are out of the playoff race. But because they are in the terrible Pacific, they could go on a decent stretch, finish with ~85 points, and possibly make it.

Last year, 95 points and 41 ROW was the bar for a playoff spot in the west. For Vegas to get 95 points and 41 ROW, they would need 76 points and 33 ROW in their next 60 games. That is something that I would pretty much say is out of reach for them, especially with the way that they’re playing. But currently, 82 points and 34 ROW currently is the pro-rated requirement for 3rd in the Pacific.

Last edited:

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
Hitchcock replaces TMAC in EDM eh? Just in time for the game tonight hah.

I wonder if it’ll light a fire under their asses for tonight or if they’ll just be a mess.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Todd is such a LOSER head coach. He was never good here. I want my victory laps now.

I hope he coaches the Ducks next.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
Sounds like Todd lost the room, here's what McDavid said, a far cry from the normal, "we need to play better", "we let him down" type stuff, though it's possible this is out of context:

McD: "Ultimately, we're a team that's under-achieving right now & no one likes where we're at so the change is necessary."

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Sounds like Todd lost the room, here's what McDavid said, a far cry from the normal, "we need to play better", "we let him down" type stuff, though it's possible this is out of context:

McD: "Ultimately, we're a team that's under-achieving right now & no one likes where we're at so the change is necessary."

I like McDavid even more now. People say that he has no personality but that’s quite a bit of personality from a 21 year old kid.

It really sucks that I have to root against him because he plays for a team in our division full of shitty goons.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Fleury in net this afternoon for VGK. Wonder if he'll do back-to-backs or if Subban will get the call tomorrow.

(Also - a new distraction for the opposition players... the VGK Belles, aka gold clad showgirls, complete with white/black feather headdresses.)

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I will never understand anyone saying Gretzky wasn't the greatest player of all time. His records are so far beyond incredible that it's legitimately mind-boggling.

Gretzky was the best.
Lemieux was the most offensively talented.
Orr was the greatest.

Reactions: Herschel

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Not strictly relevant, but it always amazes me how convinced Flyers fans are that their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that they’d be Cup contenders if only they had a decent coach. Anything good that happens is credited to the players. Anything bad that happens is solely due to the coach. Absolutely no accountability for the players among that fan base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->