GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Not strictly relevant, but it always amazes me how convinced Flyers fans are that their team is the greatest thing since sliced bread and that they’d be Cup contenders if only they had a decent coach. Anything good that happens is credited to the players. Anything bad that happens is solely due to the coach. Absolutely no accountability for the players among that fan base.

And or its always the goalies fault if the do blame the players.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Kovalchuk with 6 and 9 minutes respectively in his last 2 games. Getting benched like a 4th line scrub. How long before he demands to go back to Russia?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kovalchuk with 6 and 9 minutes respectively in his last 2 games. Getting benched like a 4th line scrub. How long before he demands to go back to Russia?

Willie Desjardins strikes again making bonehead decisions. Kovy is an older Labanc but in that lineup he doesn't deserve such treatment when compared to say Jeff Carter who has been garbage the past three weeks.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
Anaheim came back from 5-1 down to win. They're now in 1st place. No matter how bad they are you can probably pencil them in for a top 3 spot in the Pacific.

source.gif

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
That was late and blind side, but shoulder to shoulder. Not suspendable but eat shit Tommy Wilson. Eat shit. I'd wish for much worse but that'd get me in trouble. HA!

68 Z-28

Jul 10, 2007
Under the Tank
Suck it, Tom Wilson.
It’s funny seeing all the caps fans on the other side of the debate now.

It was a late hit but that’s about it. Looks like a 2 minute minor, possibly 5/10 because an injury but the hit was shoulder to shoulder likely most damage done was Wilson hitting his head on the ice after his helmet flew off.

Tighten that chin strap and don’t admire your pass wilson.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

Dicdonya

Jul 21, 2011
I know we are not even half way through the season yet but is there a single team that beats the Bolts in the playoffs this year?

Real question is, how many years in the row now has that been asked? Maybe this is the year they finally get over the hump though.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
All of a sudden nobody in the pacific division can lose. Vegas,Anaheim, Edmonton,and Calgary haven't lost a game in a month it seems. So much for the pacific being the weakest division.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
These Pacific teams won't freaking lose. With some bad luck the Sharks could miss the playoffs even if they don't play that badly.

Looks like a 94 point pace gets you into the dance and a 92 pace puts you in 9th. Regression to the mean from when we were 1st in the division on a ~95 point pace and everybody was saying “everything is fine, we’re at the top of our division!”

With that said, I think this is where the Pacific tops out at: roughly 94 points being the playoff cutoff point.

I also think that of the teams out of the picture, only Minnesota has any chance of making the dance.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vancouver beating Edmonton really helps out tonight. Colorado with the late regulation win over Dallas was another big assist last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad