GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
The question everyone will ask is Brady Tkachuk vs. Jack Hughes/Kaapo Kakko, was it the right choice?

If Ottawa gets Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, or Dach (Sens wouldn't pick Podkolzin as he's Russian), and any of them end up better than Brady, there's going to be a lot of anger and frustration in Ottawa, and the kid shouldn't have to wear what would be a bad decision by one of the worst GMs of all-time. Almost every fan will know where the blame lies but there will be some morons blaming Brady for not being more skilled or more of a point-producer.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
If Ottawa gets Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, or Dach (Sens wouldn't pick Podkolzin as he's Russian), and any of them end up better than Brady, there's going to be a lot of anger and frustration in Ottawa, and the kid shouldn't have to wear what would be a bad decision by one of the worst GMs of all-time. Almost every fan will know where the blame lies but there will be some morons blaming Brady for not being more skilled or more of a point-producer.
That criticism isn’t aimed at the players it’s aimed at the GM. Choosing Tkachuk over whoever ends up getting picked with their pick is all on PD. We’ll see what happens obviously but I would have preferred a shot at Hughes/Kakko over Tkachuk.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

And how is ottawa drafting any of those top rated players?

Reactions: Sandisfan

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Will Calgary ever lose again? I can't believe how good they are.

They’re not legit. They’re getting a ton of power play opportunities and scoring a lot while short handed. Outside of that, they’re a slightly above average team and I don’t expect those two things to continue.

Not one of Lindholm, Gaudreau, Monahan, Giordano, and Tkachuk are who this season’s performance says they are.

They have a very soft schedule right now. In the 11 games leading up the all star game they’ll only play 3 Teams in a playoff spot.

This too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad