GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016
Gonna be a rough road to the final. Have to play Vegas and Calgary, then WPG/NSH/STL and then likely Tampa.

Steep hill to climb. The crazy thing is, it almost doesn't matter how well they play in the 3 series leading into the final. It's going to be a whole other beast. We dominated every round in 2016 until the finals and then got smoked.

My heart can't handle that happening again.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
Gonna be a rough road to the final. Have to play Vegas and Calgary, then WPG/NSH/STL and then likely Tampa.

Steep hill to climb. The crazy thing is, it almost doesn't matter how well they play in the 3 series leading into the final. It's going to be a whole other beast. We dominated every round in 2016 until the finals and then got smoked.

This time we’re gonna have 3 round of difficulty then easily sweep the finals somehow.

Reactions: Trocity

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose

All pushovers. The only teams that could possibly stand in SJ's way is Tampa and themselves.

undercovernerd

Apr 18, 2014
Bend, OR / Bay Area, CA
All pushovers. The only teams that could possibly stand in SJ's way is Tampa and themselves.
I actually agree to a certain extent. No NHL team is a “pushover” but if the sharks can play their game and stay healthy, I have a hard time seeing anyone stop them besides possibly Tampa. Even them, I’d have much for faith than I did against the 2016 pens. Tampa is not unbeatable. They’re also known chokers.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010

C87xx6T.jpg

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
If the Lightning win tomorrow (doesn't matter if it's in regulation, overtime or a shootout), they will clinch the President's Trophy before any other team even clinches a playoff spot.

Edit: Oops, Minnesota needs to win for this to happen.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Might be good news for Monday's game. Subban could be playing back to back; emergency recall Lagace might get the start.

DeadGhost

Ugistered Reger
Feb 15, 2010

Might be good news for Monday's game. Subban could be playing back to back; emergency recall Lagace might get the start.

Great news. From Vegas' perspective, it makes no sense to push Fleury unless they're certain he's 100%. They're pretty well locked in to the 3rd seed in the Pacific. They're not catching SJ/CGY at this stage and Arizona would need a heck of a run (which includes a 4-in-6 East Coast road trip) to catch Vegas.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
going to the kniggits-oilers game. first game i've been to where i hate both the teams playing lol
i feel filthy that i paid money for this. kniggits catch the oilers on the 2nd of b2b, and the sharks get the kniggits on the 2nd of b2b.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Flyers scored, but it is ruled goalie interference. They challenged, and it was ruled a goal. Now, Pittsburgh is challenging for offside. LMAO.

(I think it was offside.)

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
well watching the knights up close, what an interesting experience. you really take for granted the playmaking skill the Sharks have but wow the Knights can't playmake in the offensive zone for SHIT. Their entire game is predicated on rushes and scoring off the rush and beating guys to rebounds. Their PP looks like utter dogshit because they have no idea how to work it around a zone or skill to do it. Passes have zero sauce. They have very little offensive skill on the backend, their breakout passing is pretty mediocre. I'm so used to burns wiring it to the opposing blue line from deep in his own zone, their guys can barely pass one line lol

What is interesting is their tremendous success off of the rush and beating goalies on individual clear shots. I can tell the fans are somewhat spoiled in that regard as they are oohing and ahhing over unscreened shots, whereas as a sharks fan i am completely jaded and never expect a goal without a rebound or great passing play.

I'm guessing Lagace will start.
subban started tonight, he was aight.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
If Vegas beats us in regulation they will be 5 points back with still one game to play against us. Too close for comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad