GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
If Columbus made all those moves and kept Panarin and Bob only to miss the playoffs... yikes.

It'd be hilarious. I would've dealt Bob as soon as he did what he did. I would've dealt Panarin when he decided not to seek an extension any longer. I'd have at least done that. Maybe then after they could still turn around and try to buy and compete but I wouldn't have just bought because they're going to walk away with nothing at the end of the day whether they make the playoffs or not.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It'd be hilarious. I would've dealt Bob as soon as he did what he did. I would've dealt Panarin when he decided not to seek an extension any longer. I'd have at least done that. Maybe then after they could still turn around and try to buy and compete but I wouldn't have just bought because they're going to walk away with nothing at the end of the day whether they make the playoffs or not.
Yeah. I was honestly shocked to see the way CBJ decided to go about the TDL. I was sure that Panarin would have been moved. He has pretty much stated that he is not coming back and even with Duchene, not many people thought that they would make a deep playoff run. Acquiring Duchene would have made sense if they had some agreement, like Stone, to immediately re-sign him. Right now its looking like a very poor string of decisions.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Yeah. I was honestly shocked to see the way CBJ decided to go about the TDL. I was sure that Panarin would have been moved. He has pretty much stated that he is not coming back and even with Duchene, not many people thought that they would make a deep playoff run. Acquiring Duchene would have made sense if they had some agreement, like Stone, to immediately re-sign him. Right now its looking like a very poor string of decisions.

Lucky for them they still control their own destiny as it pertains to making the playoffs. But their odds are still pretty bleak if they make it. They seem to match up well with Washington better than any other realistic opponent but they need to turn things around quick to make that happen. They can pretty much kiss that shot goodbye if they lose to the Pens again tomorrow.

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
So, like, how was Eichel's hit on Soderberg different from Chara's on Kane? I'm confused as all hell as to how Eichel is getting a hearing.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
****. I really don't want to start down this line of thought, but the NHL isn't making it easy.
I’m partially joking, but I think @JoeThorntonsRooster cataloged a large portion of dirty hits to Sharks players, with zero resulting in suspension after Parros took over. In regards to the Chara hit on Kane, that was the first time that I remember the DOPS saying that Kane was partially to blame for reaching for the puck. Of course, that’s exactly what Soderberg did on the Eichel hit. So how could they have come to different conclusions on similar hits and plays without some type of bias.

Painful Quandary

Mar 22, 2015
California
So, like, how was Eichel's hit on Soderberg different from Chara's on Kane? I'm confused as all hell as to how Eichel is getting a hearing.

It could be the league being more pro-Bruin than anti-Sharks. Jeremy Jacobs is a very influential owner. He was the biggest reason the league had a lockout several years back. I agree it is not a fun line of thought to go down, hockey is supposed to be a distraction from this sort of thing.

Reactions: slocal

slocal

Dude...what?
May 4, 2010
Central Coast CA
It could be the league being more pro-Bruin than anti-Sharks. Jeremy Jacobs is a very influential owner. He was the biggest reason the league had a lockout several years back. I agree it is not a fun line of thought to go down, hockey is supposed to be a distraction from this sort of thing.

Ah yes, I forgot about Jacobs. I foolishly hoped things would be better without Campbell being in charge of DoPS.

Reactions: Sandisfan

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I never thought I'd get so many salty responses from Bruins fans because I said nobody respects Marchand. I usually get ignored for my dumb comments.

Reactions: Juxtaposer

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
Meh f*** him. Hasso has more money and needs to just tell the league to f*** off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->