GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWSharkie

Nov 4, 2018
PNW
For a team where it would make sense, cant do it because its a nearly untradeable contract at that price.
Vlasic, MK68, and a Hertl-level contract could clear a bunch of space... Just sayin', crazy magic happened last off-season. Swap in Donskoi+ if you think DW could pull out the dentist chair again

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Have the Sharks ever won the game needed to get into the playoffs or win a spot? (Rhetorical).
Seems like every year they clinch because someone else does something...

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
We drop to the 1st wild card spot, take on a beatable Nashville/Winnipeg, and we skip both of CGY/VGK in the 1st round.

And 2nd Rd too.

But let's face it, an effort to tank to get into the Central div playoffs would probably just end with us in the Pacific 3 spot and without home ice we lose to Vegas in 6 in the first round. Lol

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
And 2nd Rd too.

But let's face it, an effort to tank to get into the Central div playoffs would probably just end with us in the Pacific 3 spot and without home ice we lose to Vegas in 6 in the first round. Lol
Or we luck the f*** out and face off against Arizona.

Reactions: ChompChomp

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Vegas is likely getting to the second round if they had to play Calgary in round one anyway.

Calgary is the only team in the West (St. Louis and Arizona are maybe's, but definitely have hotter goalies right now) in a playoff spot or even just outside, that have inferior goaltending to the Sharks.

I can't see Vegas losing to them. It wouldn't be a huge or noteworthy upset, but I'd be comfortable enough to wager Vegas would beat them. This is all assuming Fleury is healthy and in goal for Vegas.

So a Vegas/San Jose matchup almost seems guaranteed, whether it's in round one or round two.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Vegas is likely getting to the second round if they had to play Calgary in round one anyway.

Calgary is the only team in the West (St. Louis and Arizona are maybe's, but definitely have hotter goalies right now) in a playoff spot or even just outside, that have inferior goaltending to the Sharks.

I can't see Vegas losing to them. It wouldn't be a huge or noteworthy upset, but I'd be comfortable enough to wager Vegas would beat them. This is all assuming Fleury is healthy and in goal for Vegas.

So a Vegas/San Jose matchup almost seems guaranteed, whether it's in round one or round two.

Agreed entirely. And if the Sharks get Calgary in round 2, they will win that series. They have the Flames’ number.

The biggest benefit to winning the division is allowing key players like Pavelski and Karlsson to fully recover from injury and get into a groove before the inevitable matchup against Vegas.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Go Sens Go!! 1-0 Sens early, I've pinned the live score on my screen, neat little feature on Android phones.

Edit : Scored by Demelo! Lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Sens are a joke organization.

They should have been at least trying to pretend they wanna win a few games, since they have nothing to gain by losing every game, since they don't have their pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad