GDT: 2018-19 Other Games Around the League (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
It's really not fair that Tampa has one of the best goalies too. They seem like they're gonna be like the Red Sox and just dominant from beginning to end.

Wasn't Fleury supposed to be day to day? He's still out. Are they just getting him extra rest since he's played a lot this year and they're still rolling without him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pierre McGuire obviously subscribes to my stoppable goal list.

Just called out Subban and said he needs to make that save and he knows it, on a goal that most would either say ''He wuz screeeeened tho!'' or ''He couldn't leave his crease!''.

And the goaltender interference challenge on that was brutal. It was easily 5-7 seconds before the goal and he was set for at least 2.5 seconds before the shot beats him.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Come on Av’s, don’t let Vegas back in this game FFS
Jeezus Colorado. I’m gonna have to stop watching. Maybe I’m the jinx
I don't think they will.

Subban sucks.

The third goal was also bad. He does a piss poor job at tracking the puck and gets screened on a shot that he really shouldn't have been screened on.

It was so bad, they credited the goal to Andrighetto on a tip, who does not appear to get a piece of it at all.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don't think they will.

Subban sucks.

The third goal was also bad. He does a piss poor job at tracking the puck and gets screened on a shot that he really shouldn't have been screened on.

It was so bad, they credited the goal to Andrighetto on a tip, who does not appear to get a piece of it at all.

The primary motivation for us wanting to win the Division and play Vegas in round 2, instead of round 1, is that we want our top players to have as much time as possible to return to health.

The silver lining of playing Vegas in round 1 might be that Fleury might not be 100%, or he might not start at all. It’s unlikely, and I’m not wishing for him to be injured, but just something to note.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The primary motivation for us wanting to win the Division and play Vegas in round 2, instead of round 1, is that we want our top players to have as much time as possible to return to health.

The silver lining of playing Vegas in round 1 might be that Fleury might not be 100%, or he might not start at all. It’s unlikely, and I’m not wishing for him to be injured, but just something to note.
I mean that I don't think Vegas will come back in this game. I don't trust Subban, who is probably the reason the game isn't already tied.

Fleury's absence is related to the birth of a child. Or so they say.

Unfortunately, that might be the break he and Vegas needs, as it looked like they were gonna ride him into the ground, because they really didn't play Subban all that much while he was still available.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was something lingering though. He's played A LOT this year and had a short offseason, with all the hockey he played last Spring.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I mean that I don't think Vegas will come back in this game. I don't trust Subban, who is probably the reason the game isn't already tied.

Fleury's absence is related to the birth of a child. Or so they say.

Unfortunately, that might be the break he and Vegas needs, as it looked like they were gonna ride him into the ground, because they really didn't play Subban all that much while he was still available.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was something lingering though. He's played A LOT this year and had a short offseason, with all the hockey he played last Spring.

Fleury is out due to injury.

Meanwhile, the Flames take the loss in regulation. They're 6 points ahead of us. It's depressing to think that if we just went 3-3-0 in our 6 game losing streak, we would be one point behind them with a game in hand and a game against them.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Meanwhile, the Flames take the loss in regulation. They're 6 points ahead of us. It's depressing to think that if we just went 3-3-0 in our 6 game losing streak, we would be one point behind them with a game in hand and a game against them.

I actually didn't know Fleury was injured, but assumed he might actually be, but that they didn't make it public, which apparently they did make it public.

And now the Flames can't score either. Waiting for them to have an eruption on Sunday night to make up for it, along with Vegas on Saturday.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm really tired of this Vegas team, can somebody f***in beat them this year before the SCF?

They're about as annoying as the 2012-2014 Kings.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver

Typical sharks team to go on a f***ing 6 game losing streak against mostly bottom feeders when they're looking to take the division lead,

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Flames and knights lose in regulation again. Sharks really screwed themselves by going cold

Reactions: Phu

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Vegas still hasn't clinched. Bellemare and Carrier have returned to lineup recently. Fluery still out (not even traveling with team, but is getting quality time with newborn first son James).

Not sure if MAF will be back by Saturday.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
So basically Fleury could probably play right now but they're resting him. So we're facing a rested Fleury. Stupid Sharks. If we finish 1 or 2 pts behind Calgary I'm gonna be so pissed. The Pacific winner is probably gonna face Colorado who's already a 1 line team but they're missing 2/3 of that top line with Landeskog and Rantanen out. That could be us but the Sharks gonna Shork.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Subban stinks.

I'd like to say in the hypothetical but unlikely situation that he's the goalie in the playoffs, that's a Sharks win in 6 games, unless Jones really falls apart or Vegas somehow massively outplays the Sharks even worse than Edmonton did in 2017.

Vegas does have that cockroach thing that LA had going on back in 2012-2014. Where they look dead and they somehow score 2 quick goals in a minute or can't lose more than a game in overtime.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
Subban stinks.

I'd like to say in the hypothetical but unlikely situation that he's the goalie in the playoffs, that's a Sharks win in 6 games, unless Jones really falls apart or Vegas somehow massively outplays the Sharks even worse than Edmonton did in 2017.

Vegas does have that cockroach thing that LA had going on back in 2012-2014. Where they look dead and they somehow score 2 quick goals in a minute or can't lose more than a game in overtime.

They also have the refs paid off handsomely to the same degree.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I doubt they're just resting Fleury. Unless they're 'resting' him the same way the Sharks are resting Pavs and Karl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad