League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pens getting owned by flames. I wonder are the Canes able to send them golfing by the regular season's end? What's the remaining schedule for both?

I doubt it. Penguins have a lot of divisional games remaining though. Rangers and Devils next 2 which should be easy points. Then they play Columbus 3 times in 2 weeks i think. Back-to-back games against Habs and Sabres followed by another game against the Sabres bit later. Sabres are falling quickly and i wouldn't have much faith in them.

Either way even if the Penguins fail in those head-to-head games against those teams, they still face the Canes twice at the end of the regular season. So lots of head-to-head games. I doubt they miss the Playoffs but they could face Tampa in the first round.

IMO i think they smack the Blue Jackets around in those 3 head-to-head games and comfortably end up in the 3rd place of the Metro.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I doubt it. Penguins have a lot of divisional games remaining though. Rangers and Devils next 2 which should be easy points. Then they play Columbus 3 times in 2 weeks i think. Back-to-back games against Habs and Sabres followed by another game against the Sabres bit later. Sabres are falling quickly and i wouldn't have much faith in them.

Either way even if the Penguins fail in those head-to-head games against those teams, they still face the Canes twice at the end of the regular season. So lots of head-to-head games. I doubt they miss the Playoffs but they could face Tampa in the first round.

IMO i think they smack the Blue Jackets around in those 3 head-to-head games and comfortably end up in the 3rd place of the Metro.
I've been watching them closely past couple of weeks, they are not good enough right now to smack CBJ in any game. Win - sure, but these teams are closer than in recent years in terms of performance. I agree that they will make the playoffs but it's gonna be tight. Can easily see them facing Tampa in the first round.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I've been watching them closely past couple of weeks, they are not good enough right now to smack CBJ in any game. Win - sure, but these teams are closer than in recent years in terms of performance. I agree that they will make the playoffs but it's gonna be tight. Can easily see them facing Tampa in the first round.

Blue Jackets just don't match-up well against them, so they've been able to smack them around for years now. CBJ hasn't won against them in the regular season in 2 years. I believe they've beat them 6 times in a row already, and counting the Playoffs too they have beat the Blue Jackets 12 times out of the last 13.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Blue Jackets just don't match-up well against them, so they've been able to smack them around for years now. CBJ hasn't won against them in the regular season in 2 years. I believe they've beat them 6 times in a row already, and counting the Playoffs too they have beat the Blue Jackets 12 times out of the last 13.
Murray is a big suspect in net, he'll drag them down once again this year. Giving up awful goals in bunches.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
On the Oilers of yesteryear, you bet.

Now I'm not even sure if there's quite enough in the forward ranks for Boudreau to work with.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
You forgot about Gary.
HHL will lose a lot of $$$ if Carolina makes it instead of Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh will remain a top hockey market whether they make or miss the playoffs... Carolina in the other hand will get a huge boost from making the playoffs.

Maybe they don’t make as much in the playoffs as the Pens... but it’s great for next season if Canes fans come to more games.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Is it me or do the Penguins never seem to have to travel when they play back to back games. They played Calgary in a matinee yesterday and they're back at it against the Rangers today, with both games in Pittsburgh.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
On the Oilers of yesteryear, you bet.

Now I'm not even sure if there's quite enough in the forward ranks for Boudreau to work with.
You might be right there, or BB might he able to unlock Pool Party and Yamamoto's skill. Either way I'd love to see the experiment. Especially since it's not my team .

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Is it me or do the Penguins never seem to have to travel when they play back to back games. They played Calgary in a matinee yesterday and they're back at it against the Rangers today, with both games in Pittsburgh.

They do have it pretty easy this season for sure. Although last season I believed they had the most back to backs in the NHL.

Today's game counts as one of their "playing a rested team" games.
Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 1.04.09 PM.png

FYI, boy did the Canucks get screwed this season.

Reactions: Silky mitts

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
Love seeing instant karma for Pens’ diving for once. Cullen supermans for a Tripping call on a stick he knew was there and waxn’t moving snd thren Malkin gets blasted eith a high stick and no call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad