League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My 4 year old got hit from behind much harder than Malkin did just yesterday by a presumed bully to be 5 year old girl. The boys were rough housing after school and she joined the fray - ran over from behind and decked the tyke 2 hand full speed push to the upper back - he never saw it coming. The impressive whiplash neck effect had him rattled. He spun around with papa's 50 pound old school wooden LH sherwood and one hand karate swing chipped out her front tooth proper. I challenged her parent to a scrap out of noob parental protocols but we settled our differences by pulling our jersey's over heads and drank Oshie beers in the parking lot.

Not a snow balls chance in hell my son nor Malkin gets suspended. They both have sparkling clean records.

I miss my beige/natural finish Sherwood.....sniff....is there dust in here? Something in my eye....

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
I have to chuckle at anything written defending malkinstein.....when he does something like he did last night.

He’s done that his entire career and gotten away with it, and he will no doubt do it again this time. It’s a phone hearing so right there we all know the punishment, if there’s any, will be minor.

Even the guys on hockey central, Kypreos specifically, were brushing this off. Unusual considering I’ve watched them go all in on similar plays. Even tried to justify it by saying he got cuffed in the back of the head, lol.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Stick clearly grazes Raffl's shoulder too.

Imagine how many pages they'd be on at the main boards though if Tom Wilson had done the same thing.

Tom Wilson hits people and they get hurt because he is bigger, faster and stronger than most. If Tom Wilson ever did what Malkin just did, and some of his douchier moves in the past, I would want him off the team really fast.

Tom Wilson is not a dirty player and people that think he is don't understand the sport of ice hockey.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
It's Malkin. He's gone headhunting towards a player who doesn't have the puck before and left with a clean slate. No doubt he walks from this, too.

He still doesn't even think he did anything worthy of suspension there. Incredible.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
It's Malkin. He's gone headhunting towards a player who doesn't have the puck before and left with a clean slate. No doubt he walks from this, too.

He still doesn't even think he did anything worthy of suspension there. Incredible.
Well to be fair, JVR recently had a very similar swing and got a 5k fine.

I think any attempted stick as a weapons should be a game or two, add on a game or two for actual contact and add games for any injury.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Well to be fair, JVR recently had a very similar swing and got a 5k fine.

I think any attempted stick as a weapons should be a game or two, add on a game or two for actual contact and add games for any injury.

I’m not aware of what jvr did nor have i seen said swing. If it is in fact about the same as what malkinstein did.....anything less than what jvr got would be a farce.

I’m curious to know what jvr’s past incidents may have come across the desk of the dopes. If his history is as “clean” as jeanO’s.....

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I’m not aware of what jvr did nor have i seen said swing. If it is in fact about the same as what malkinstein did.....anything less than what jvr got would be a farce.

I’m curious to know what jvr’s past incidents may have come across the desk of the dopes. If his history is as “clean” as jeanO’s.....
You think the league views Malkin as anything other than clean? Any unbiased viewer knows Malkin does have a dirty streak in him, but we're talking about the guy that got out of the instant 1 game suspension for Instigating a fight at the end of the game with no strap!

JVR's swing:
jvrfinal.gif

I'm actually curious to see a longer clip of this. JVR does get him full in the face, but I'm not sure it was as intentional as Malkin's swing from this little clip.

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
If you punch someone and they retaliate by shooting you in the head then that's not exactly a justified response.

Agree that punching with a gloved hand isn't ok, he should probably be fined too and he did start the whole thing off, but using your stick as a weapon crosses a more serious line IMO

A guy as big as Malkin should learn to defend himself with his hands, not his stick. He's a douchebag and even his own fan base admit he does stupid stuff and loses his temper.
Has he ever actually fought anybody? I don't recall seeing it

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad