League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
A guy as big as Malkin should learn to defend himself with his hands, not his stick. He's a d*chebag and even his own fan base admit he does stupid stuff and loses his temper.
Has he ever actually fought anybody? I don't recall seeing it

He fought Wheeler a month after he delivered this cheap shot:

FYI, Malkin has a lot of this type stuff on video but I believe he just received his FIRST suspension. It's good to be a Penguin.

My personal favorite is this one:

Show me one video of Wilson trying to do that to a player. They had a poll recently on dirtiest player and I think it was Marchand and Wilson at the top. Marchand, fine, Malkin should be right there with him.

Last edited:

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast

FYI, Malkin has a lot of this type stuff on video but I believe he just received his FIRST suspension. It's good to be a Penguin.

Show me one video of Wilson trying to do that to a player. They had a poll recently on dirties player and I think it was Marchand and Wilson at the top. Marchand, fine, Malkin should be right there with him.

Wow - left his feet to hit Wheeler and no suspension.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

Show me one video of Wilson trying to do that to a player. They had a poll recently on dirtiest player and I think it was Marchand and Wilson at the top. Marchand, fine, Malkin should be right there with him.

I agree. I dont think Wilson is dirty. He is a bit reckless on some hits but he isnt known for stickwork, slewfooting or elbowing.
His problem has usually been a high hit with the shoulder making contact to the head. I dont recall Wilson ever intentionally cheapshotting someone.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Me too. I like when Russian players take awards as well just because I know it pisses of guys like Cherry and Bill Waters. :laugh:
I don't know how he didn't win the Hart last year, best player on best team, 11 more even strength points than anyone else on Tampa (Hall had 9 more than anyone on NJ)

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I don't know how he didn't win the Hart last year, best player on best team, 11 more even strength points than anyone else on Tampa (Hall had 9 more than anyone on NJ)

Because nobody believes he actually carries that team. That's why he had 0 1st place votes.

Even if you take out Hall, there were still several guys ahead of him, all deservingly so. Even if you go by the point you are making he's still miles behind Kopitar who had 31 points more than anyone on his team with tougher minutes and being a defensive presence that Kucherov doesn't bring.

Reactions: maacoshark

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Because nobody believes he actually carries that team. That's why he had 0 1st place votes.

Even if you take out Hall, there were still several guys ahead of him, all deservingly so. Even if you go by the point you are making he's still miles behind Kopitar who had 31 points more than anyone on his team with tougher minutes and being a defensive presence that Kucherov doesn't bring.
I could see Mackinnon but with Kop and Hall I don’t see how they’re top 25 players and they won 1 playoff game combined so how much less would the teams have achieved without them? I realize the playoffs don’t count here but the biggest award shouldn’t go to guys who have merely good seasons that eke their teams in as 7 or 8 seeds.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I could see Mackinnon but with Kop and Hall I don’t see how they’re top 25 players and they won 1 playoff game combined so how much less would the teams have achieved without them? I realize the playoffs don’t count here but the biggest award shouldn’t go to guys who have merely good seasons that eke their teams in as 7 or 8 seeds.

They wouldn't have made the Playoffs to begin with. That's basically what the award is for, dragging your team into the Playoffs.

Is Kucherov even the most valuable player on the Lightning? I think it's Hedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad