Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Except for the Bolts getting a point last night was great:

BlackBlissfulEider-small.gif

Jun 15, 2007
Any reason we didn't keep Chiasson? I thought he was okay.

Cause he just scored 2 goals and thus has contributed more than DSP, Burakovsky, Walker, Jaskin, Dowd, Boyd, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Devil Dancer

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
You at least have to wonder why the Oilers haven't been playing Chiasson. On,y is 2nd time in the lineup

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He had a screaming playoffs for us too :sarcasm:
He was fine in the playoffs. He only had a goal and an assist in the playoffs but he really wasn't there for his offensive production. He was there for checking, the pk and physical play.
If you look at our weaknesses this year its players like Chaisson and Beagle that we need.
Chaisson is the Oilers 14th forward but if he was here he would crack our top 12. That shows the lack of depth on our team.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
Chaisson is the Oilers 14th forward but if he was here he would crack our top 12. That shows the lack of depth on our team.

Are you implying that the Oilers have better depth than the Capitals???

Strange Chiasson revisionism in this thread based on one game. The guy is a dime a dozen 4th liner who was the 13th forward last year.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Strange Chiasson revisionism in this thread based on one game. The guy is a dime a dozen 4th liner who was the 13th forward last year.
No doubt. But if a team that missed the playoffs by 20 points last year is having trouble figuring out that Alex Chiasson is better for their lineup than Zack Kassian, Kyle Brodziak, or Drake Caggiula, that suggests that they may not be very good at assessing the capabilities of their roster. Which is a message the Oilers having been sending the league for years now.

Reactions: RandyHolt

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Are you implying that the Oilers have better depth than the Capitals???

It sounds like their 4th line is probably better than ours. I think he would be in our top 12. He is the kind of player that this team is lacking.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I don't know Maaco. It may also just be another data point showing that the Oilers don't know what they're doing.
I'm not saying Chaisson is a special player but he is the type of player that we are missing. He is actually a defensively responsible player and is decent on the pk. 2 areas that we are struggling with. He can also play physical with is another area he could help this team.
Jaskin is basically the player that replaced him. Chaisson is probably a better all round player.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
DSP coming back made Chiasson more or less redundant. The main competition in a healthy lineup for Chiasson wouldn't have been Jaskin/Walker but Stephenson. (This is in a presumed scenario where Burakovsky is not completely lifeless offensively.)

I'm not entirely sold on Dowd just yet and Jaskin is pretty meh but this team's problems has more to do with team defense and buy-in than the fourth line.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
DSP coming back made Chiasson more or less redundant. The main competition in a healthy lineup for Chiasson wouldn't have been Jaskin/Walker but Stephenson. (This is in a presumed scenario where Burakovsky is not completely lifeless offensively.)

I'm not entirely sold on Dowd just yet and Jaskin is pretty meh but this team's problems has more to do with team defense and buy-in than the fourth line.
I agree. The problem with this team is the team defense. And the 4th line has been a part of that.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
The Jets had mo and were coming back against the Leafs but weak d by Buff (among others) leads to another goal, potential East leaders now up 4-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad