League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Matt Murray with another concussion? That’s not good for him. #3

Pens are going to have a hard time counting on him. Casey DeSmith is at best a back up. So they need Tristan Jarry to step up....or time to sign someone.

I could see them signing Lehtonen — and him being HUGE for them. Ugh

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Also, what's up with all these blowouts? It used to be a rare thing to see a team put up 7-8 goals in a single game and now some team is doing it every single day. Even Carolina is doing it!!! o_O

Its not the new chest protectors, is it? :eek:
Might have to go back to the old ones...

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Also, what's up with all these blowouts? It used to be a rare thing to see a team put up 7-8 goals in a single game and now some team is doing it every single day. Even Carolina is doing it!!! o_O

I think many teams trying to copy last year knights strategy. Aggressive in offense. It's just they don't have Fleury in the net.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017

There has been a lot if pond hockey this year. Run and gun and no discipline defensively. Most games have been pretty sloppy.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

marcel snapshot

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Yeah - he was pretty done by the time he got to DC. Remember his skating being very plodding, even for the clutch and grab era

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I remember receiving some snarky gif reactions when I said Matthews was a top 5 center in the Free Agency thread this summer.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Alzner and Shattenkirk healthy scratches, Nate Schmidt serving a 20 game suspension and Mike Green out with a fatigue illness (disease attacking his liver). It wasn't long ago where we would have been pleased to have all four of them in the line up for the Caps.

I feel awful for Green though, that's terrible news. He was a pretty good player for us in his best years.

Reactions: Hivemind

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Matthews threads...lol. Let me tell you how much fun it was being a global mod when every single thread turned into Matthews vs Laine, complete with Canadians fighting Finns and everyone else piling on.

If the Leafs win the Cup this entire board will suffer permanent hard drive failure.

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->