Feb 15, 2005
John Tavares is pretty good at hockey.
But the Leafs still suck at defending.
So they have great O and crap D, which makes their games kinda fun

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Leafs Hawks off the charts. 6-6. 3 goals with less than 1:25 to play in the game. Kane, then Matthews who does the I can't hear you to Hawk fans, and then Kane scores with 30 seconds to go and does I can't hear you to Matthews who, to his credit, laughs

Reactions: Sam Spade

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Leafs Hawks off the charts. 6-6. 3 goals with less than 1:25 to play in the game. Kane, then Matthews who does the I can't hear you to Hawk fans, and then Kane scores with 30 seconds to go and does I can't hear you to Matthews who, to his credit, laughs

That was awesome. Kane and Matthews trained together this off-season so I expected that smirk from Matthews after Kane mocked him. :laugh:

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I'm going to try to follow the Islanders a bit this year just because Trotz went there. I'm very interested to see how Trotz does with this team especially batter losing Tavares. Its early but so far the Islanders look so much better defensively. Giving up only 5 goals in 3 games. They have played some decent teams. Including unshifting out the Sharks today. I'm actually hoping Karlsson and the Sharks fail miserably this year.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
The Leafs probably need to look at getting out of that Zaitsev contract. They bet big on him and lost.

Marleau is probably another guy they’d be willing to get rid of in order to make everything work with the cap seeing as Matthews is certainly getting a McDavid-like contract next year.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I still remember the Orlov contract thread on the mains, in which one Leafs fan was adamant that Zaitsev was the superior defenseman among the two.

To be fair, and one might say "actually", that kind of thing happens in EVERY discussion of player value involving Leafs fans. Hell, they show up even in discussions where their player is not even mentioned. LOL

Reactions: Ridley Simon

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
The Leafs probably need to look at getting out of that Zaitsev contract. They bet big on him and lost.

Marleau is probably another guy they’d be willing to get rid of in order to make everything work with the cap seeing as Matthews is certainly getting a McDavid-like contract next year.

Marleau signed there because he wanted to and has a full NMC in his contract. He's not going anywhere if the Leafs are in a playoff spot.

Nylander seems like the obvious candidate, they could also get a top guy for Kadri.

I don't think so.

Solid middle-pairing guy, propably.

Really curious to see what they do with Nylander, but either way they are going to have to blow up that offense to afford to sign everyone next summer. I wouldn't be shocked if they ended up trading Nylander.

Reactions: twabby
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad