League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
To be fair, and one might say "actually", that kind of thing happens in EVERY discussion of player value involving Leafs fans. Hell, they show up even in discussions where their player is not even mentioned. LOL
To be fair to the Leafs, I had name dropped Zaitsev in that thread (something along the lines of "$5.1M for Orlov is sensible in a world where Zaitsev gets $4.5M")

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
A week into the season and Alzner has been a healthy scratch and Shattenkirk is about to be

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Alzner and Shattenkirk healthy scratches, Nate Schmidt serving a 20 game suspension and Mike Green out with a fatigue illness (disease attacking his liver). It wasn't long ago where we would have been pleased to have all four of them in the line up for the Caps.

:facepalm:

Man we dodged some bullets there, but more specifically, all hail GMBM!

Foots

ALL OURS
May 5, 2018
I have no problem with Schmidt. It was not his decision to leave the team.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
So amusing reading the NYR Corsi Crew try to defend him as a top defenseman with all kinds of stats and graphs and whatever. Even after being scratched on a bottom feeder, they’re convinced.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
A bottom-feeding Flyers team scratched Gostibehere multiple times. Coaches do dumb things sometimes (some more than others). I'm not reading a ton into this scratching until we know more of the backstory. Is Shattenkirk pissed that they decided to blow it up 6 months after he signed there? Is Shattenkirk out of shape? Is a rookie head coach trying to catch his teams attention by sending a message? There's a lot more to this than "LMAO SHATTY SUX"

Reactions: twabby

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
FWIW, David Quinn and Kevin Shattenkirk actually have a fair bit of history together. Quinn was Shatty's coach at BU for 3 seasons, and then coached him in short AHL stints in the two seasons after that.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Might have something to do with the fact he gave up 3 high scoring chances in 7 minutes of play against the Hurricanes.

The guy is brutal

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
As for Shatt: people forget he had a pretty bad knee injury and missed a lot of time. So that combined with them not having McD anymore...

Marshall

A ribbon reflector
Mar 13, 2002
Crystal Koons' cold, dead eyes.
twitter.com
I dunno if it's the Kabletown influence or what, but there always seems to be a higher off/early-season regard for the Flyers.

Their goatlending is still Flyers-like until Hart gets there. Their defense has a player I'd love to have on the Caps (Provorov), an elite offenseman (Ghostisbehereehreb), and...?

They have some young talent, and more on the way, but they ain't there.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Finding both the Canes and the Avalanche to be pretty interesting. Even the Canucks look like they have some promising pieces. Flyers though, looking pretty head-shaking. Beyond never addressing their issue in net, they don't seem able to play the 5 man unit cohesive attack thingy you need in today's NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->