League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
If they get the PK figured out now that Wilson is back agreed.

-Me ;)

They are clearly trying some new things. They have used both 92 and 19 on the pk. Sometimes on the same penalty. There were not happy with the pk last season. There is some adjustment going on with the players. Rierden has said exactly that. Orpik and Wilson being out, though, is crippling. With Orlov also clearly struggling(maybe coming out of it), the pk was damaged severely.

I expect with Wilson back and Orpik back after the road trip there will be some improvement.

Any insight on Oprik's boo boo? I sort of got the feeling it was a blocked shot injury.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Morrissey gets a hearing
I'm surprised he even gets a hearing. Probably no suspension. If he does it will only be because the play is being compared to the play that Petterson got injured on.
The Tanev hit to the head should definitely be more than just a 2 minute minor. They keep saying that those are the hits they want out of the game and yet another one goes unpunished.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
I'm surprised he even gets a hearing. Probably no suspension. If he does it will only be because the play is being compared to the play that Petterson got injured on.
The Tanev hit to the head should definitely be more than just a 2 minute minor. They keep saying that those are the hits they want out of the game and yet another one goes unpunished.
Really surprised a player could have their elbow up and out prior to the hit, make mostly head contact and force a player out of the game and not get at least a hearing.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I just checked the standings. Penguins are last in the conference. I know it's only the start of the season but it's pleasant.
They have games in hand on most teams. The only team that has played less is Florida. The Pens record isnt a lot different than ours. They have one less win. Losses and loser points are the same.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad