League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Friedman thought it's a possibility that they trade either Guentzel or Dumoulin if they continue to suck. That would be hilarious.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Also is there a team in the league that actually believes that he's capable of putting those kind of numbers up without Crosby?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yeah not the same thing stepping out of a corner vs full speed in coverage on a breakaway

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Friedman thought it's a possibility that they trade either Guentzel or Dumoulin if they continue to suck. That would be hilarious.

Dumoulin is one of the most underrated defensemen in the league. I thought he was one of their best players every series he's played in against the Caps. And trading Guentzel seems ridiculous - that dude makes magic come playoff time.

Hopefully GMJR goes out and gets himself some grit with that 1st round pick.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm enjoying it, but the last time they started this bad they fired their coach and won the next two Cups.

That one season where they were in utter chaos, fired their coach, hired a new one, and then went on to win a Cup, irritated me to no end. Was that 2016 again? I thought the Hockey Gods were just cruel and malicious b****rds at that point.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
On the surface this seems dumb, but Pittsburgh has faired pretty darn well when it comes to hockey trades. Looking back on their trades over the past several years, I don't think I see any that they'd really regret. Maybe giving up Sheary to Buffalo, but that was more about unloading Hunwick. In large, they've done a good job at knowing when to bring players in and when to cut bait with them.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Encourage folks to go to the Devils board and read the last few pages of today's GDT against the Red Wings. Posters none too pleased with MOJO and expressing it in the thread. Some of the posts remind me of the posts once made here on these boards when he wore a Caps jersey.

Reactions: Silky mitts

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Encourage folks to go to the Devils board and read the last few pages of today's GDT against the Red Wings. Posters none too pleased with MOJO and expressing it in the thread. Some of the posts remind me of the posts once made here on these boards when he wore a Caps jersey.

So are you saying we were right, or they are wrong???

Jun 15, 2007
That's post Marchand elbow to the head Mojo though. He was playing great before that.

Sword

May 26, 2014
I was expecting the Caps to struggle this season, because of hungover and coach change, I sure wasn't expecting the Pens to do worse.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
I think this season is different from previous one. Weak teams seeing Vegas succes switched to fast pace hockey, that's why standings is different, that's why there are many new guys in player's stats standing. Although, I doubt this is sustainable. Someone said on this forum already, it's a known cirle of evolution in hockey, teams get faster then other get stronger to kill the speed, then strong teams get slower, and other teams get faster to counter that...

Reactions: Devil Dancer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad