League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Wilson gets signed to a contract that 98% of the hockey world thinks is too much, immediately does something stupid and gets suspended for 20 games.

Criticizing this makes you a "hater. Yeah, ok.

Reactions: um

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
DON'T TALK TO MEEE!!!

I will spell it out.

It's asinine to compare Neal and Wilson this season when the latter hasn't "contributed" anything this year solely because he hasn't been permitted to play. His haters will argue that such an eventuality should have been part of the contract considerations but that dives into the deep calculus of the discussion we've been having in the TW thread about double standards and mixed signals from the league.

It's a cheap dig by someone who has been banging that drum for a while, and it has nothing to do with the topic.
I did it again. I didnt look to see who I was quoting. And really I shouldn't have to.
Anyway I understand your but the fact is he hasn't played a regular season game since signing his big contract. We also dont know how he will play once he returns. This suspension and the possibility of more in the future might affect his game. If he changes his game will he be as effective. I guess we will find out soon.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Wilson gets signed to a contract that 98% of the hockey world thinks is too much, immediately does something stupid and gets suspended for 20 games.

Criticizing this makes you a "hater. Yeah, ok.

They hated him before and they hate him after the big contract. So what?

Shrek is out here hitting people in their heads and doesn't even get a call. Willy should sue these suits for discrimination or something. Impractical business dealings.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I'll rather take the 24-year old forward signed through ages 24-30 coming back from lengthy suspension with questions about his playing style rather than the 31-year old forward signed through age 31-36 whose level of play has seen his own fan-base starting to calculate what his buy-out number will look like. Especially as the former has already topped the older guys best Playoff performance and has a Cup ring to show for it.

But maybe it's just me.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Jun 15, 2007
Every trade Pittsburgh makes is a good one until proven otherwise.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Surprised the shine on Pearson has worn off so quickly. He was viewed as young keeper just a couple seasons back. I guess that's what a 1 point in 17 game stretch will do for you, even after seasons of 36, 44, and 40 points.

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
Surprised the shine on Pearson has worn off so quickly. He was viewed as young keeper just a couple seasons back. I guess that's what a 1 point in 17 game stretch will do for you, even after seasons of 36, 44, and 40 points.
Per game stats each of the last 5 years are very similar to Burakovsky's and I wouldn't want either for 3x$3.75M. I would be way more open to trading Bura for Hagelin with retained salary (that part was crazy) than Pearson.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Hags isn't the player he was even a few years ago. He's still a useful defensive player, but doesn't bring much on the offensive side of the ice anymore.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Pearson's goal drought goes way longer than this season. Zero in his last 29 (RS+PO) games and he's gone pointless in 26 of those 29 games. That's despite him playing with Kopitar for most of the end of the last season and Playoffs. He had assist on the opening night and since then nothing on the last 16 games.

Part of that was Kings wanted to add speed but the other part was to get rid of that contract (Hagelin is UFA). Pearson has provided nothing to them offensively (0.3 GF/60 !!) while bleeding goals against at even-strength. That's while starting most of his shifts on the offensive zone. On top of that he's a guy that averages 1.47 per game on the PP and the Kings didn't score a single goal on the PP with him on the ice for 17 games. :laugh:

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Rob Pearson?

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad