League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
I think they’ll be fine this year (Caps) and I think Barry definitely finishes his contract out in NY.

Caps have a great chance to repeat IMO. I see no Cup hangover coming.
It is possible but I highly doubt we repeat. It is a feat that is so difficult to do now.
It takes a good team to peak at the right time. We have had a good enough team to win several cups by now which shows how difficult it is. So because we won the cup are expectations going to be just as high this year or is just making the playoffs going to be good enough.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
The last 4 times we played the pens in the playoffs the winner won the cup. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case again

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
You believe that GMBM actually wanted Trotz to stay? I dont believe him at all.

What he may have wanted and what he said publicly don't have to be the same thing. My point was that he doesn't come out of this looking bad, or as if he ran Trotz out of town. GMBM looks great, and after the offseason he had, I hope Ted signs him to a lifetime contract :D

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
What he may have wanted and what he said publicly don't have to be the same thing. My point was that he doesn't come out of this looking bad, or as if he ran Trotz out of town. GMBM looks great, and after the offseason he had, I hope Ted signs him to a lifetime contract :D
I think GMBM did look like they bad guy.

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
If any of you guys haven't seen it, Trotz' new look minus facial hair is quite amusing.

edit: my bad, you guys already posted it

Congrats on the cup :)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I never cared about the Leafs one way or the other until this off season. Now they're a most hated team for me, since their fans are so absurd about the Tavares signing. I'd love to see the Caps take them out in the playoffs.
We already did. Thank you Justin Willams. Would prob be the ECF w the stupid playoff format

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
It's good to know the Yotes suck no matter if it's pre-season or the regular season.

I'm sure ONE DAY those kids are gonna come around though. :laugh:

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I never cared about the Leafs one way or the other until this off season. Now they're a most hated team for me, since their fans are so absurd about the Tavares signing. I'd love to see the Caps take them out in the playoffs.

Lol, I said the exact same thing in the “what makes a successful season” thread.

“Finish ahead of the Leafs”

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I think GMBM did look like they bad guy.

I'm not sure I see how, ultimately GMBM did Trotz a favor. They would have looked the villains if they had held Trotz to his previous contract's terms and refused to allow him to renegotiate. I think it's possible that the Capitals didn't necessarily look wise to the rest of the league (depending on how much they know about the Capitals' internal operations, the future of Trotz, reputation of Reirden, etc) but I fail to see how they looked like a subpar organization.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland

This sucks and is not something that Green can control but I will never understand why the Wings re-signed him when he is NEVER able to play. Do they not have a copy of his medical records on file anywhere?

And no I am not making light of Green's situation. He will receive the finest medical care and hopefully they will figure out what is wrong and he will be good to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silky mitts

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada

This sucks and is not something that Green can control but I will never understand why the Wings re-signed him when he is NEVER able to play. Do they not have a copy of his medical records on file anywhere?

And no I am not making light of Green's situation. He will receive the finest medical and hopefully they will figure out what is wrong and he will be good to go.

Jesus. Get well soon Greeney.

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Lol Germany forum is hacked

upload_2018-9-22_5-54-10.png

22 pages of this.

Would be fun if that hacker makes hundreds of topics in the main forum about Matthews overrated.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC

Yup. Die Leafs. The Caps wont have to worry about the Leafs in the playoffs. They wont get that far. If they did, dealing with their fans for a 3rd round matchup would be a nightmare

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Grubs got torched in his first game with Colorado. I'm really hoping he does well.

Speaking of guys I want to see do well, F16 has found another home in Minnesota

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
There are some high-quality reactions to the new Flyer mascot, Gritty here (Favorite: "Excited to learn that the Philly Phanatic has a creepy uncle")
Also here: (Favorite: description of Gritty as a "multi-state killing spree muppet").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad