Canes to wear Whalers uniforms for 2 games

This is going to rile some people up...

giphy.gif

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Alzner apparently a healthy scratch tonight. Woof.

It has been a really tough ~18 months for Karl. Let's recap: a bunch of injuries, left Washington because the playoff failures were hard to take, goes to one of the worst teams in the NHL as a UFA and then gets to watch his former team raise the Cup, and now it looks like he can't even crack the lineup for that garbage team. Going to be a long 4 years for Karl and the Habs, though I suspect he'll be bought out in short order next summer.

As an aside, who didn't see this coming? Alzner was absolute garbage his last year in Washington and it was clear to anyone who watched the game with any regularity that he was broken down and a shell of who he used to be. It was a brutal contract that Montreal signed to him before the pen dried on the paper... yikes.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
It has been a really tough ~18 months for Karl. Let's recap: a bunch of injuries, left Washington because the playoff failures were hard to take, goes to one of the worst teams in the NHL as a UFA and then gets to watch his former team raise the Cup, and now it looks like he can't even crack the lineup for that garbage team. Going to be a long 4 years for Karl and the Habs, though I suspect he'll be bought out in short order next summer.

As an aside, who didn't see this coming? Alzner was absolute garbage his last year in Washington and it was clear to anyone who watched the game with any regularity that he was broken down and a shell of who he used to be. It was a brutal contract that Montreal signed to him before the pen dried on the paper... yikes.

Yeah, him being durable was his greatest asset.

That being said, i'll gladly switch careers/jobs with him, I don't feel that bad.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
And Elias Pettersson scores in his first period of NHL hockey. Canadians are pleased this evening.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Didn't he basically have the same sports hernia injury that effectively ended Brooks Laich's career? I mean, say what you will about both players, neither one was a shell of their selves after coming back from that injury. KA didn't always suck like this.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Didn't he basically have the same sports hernia injury that effectively ended Brooks Laich's career? I mean, say what you will about both players, neither one was a shell of their selves after coming back from that injury. KA didn't always suck like this.

He had some type of groin / abdominal / sports hernia injury, yes, I'm just not sure if it was the same as the one that Brooks had. For a player who was never the fleetest of foot to begin with an injury that saps even more speed and mobility is the kiss of death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad