League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Alzner lost a step at the same time as the rest of the league taking two steps forward. I think he was always going to struggle, even if he remained completely healthy, in this new NHL. He just didn't have the foot speed necessary to do anything. He'd be a less physical Orpik.

I also think the same thing of Brooks but I never really thought highly of Brooks.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

What the hell is going on in Ottawa? Are they actively trying to get rid of their fans?

That thread on the main boards about this is priceless :laugh:

Reactions: Corby78

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He had some type of groin / abdominal / sports hernia injury, yes, I'm just not sure if it was the same as the one that Brooks had. For a player who was never the fleetest of foot to begin with an injury that saps even more speed and mobility is the kiss of death.

Yup. Same. Only worse. Alzner tore it in that last game v Pittsburgh. He was significantly slower and less agile after that.

Ridley Simon

Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I am tired of the Leafs already. Geez, I am being pushed to buy Hurricanes tickets for Leafs games so I can root against them.
Just saw the score. Leafs got drilled by Ottawa of all teams?

oh that is freaking AWESOME!

Leaf fan was so abusive to Ottawa fan this summer through it all. Such sweet justice!

FAK the Leafs

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
Just saw the score. Leafs got drilled by Ottawa of all teams?

oh that is freaking AWESOME!

Leaf fan was so abusive to Ottawa fan this summer through it all. Such sweet justice!

FAK the Leafs
I think everyone is getting sick of the Leafs. The Leafs aren't the problem its their fans. Nice to see Ottawa beat them. After all the bs Ottawa has had to endure I hope they play well this year.

Reactions: Ridley Simon

searle

Jan 24, 2014
England
You beat me to it. The Pens havent been good so far and Murray had been flat out brutal.
A costly draft pick for my fantasy team. Ended up with Grubauer and Varlamov somehow - I'm liking the look of the Avs this year, need them to carry me for goalie stats this year!

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
4 teams have played only 1 game so far. Of those two won those games. The other two and the rest of the league include not 1 that will win its first 2 games.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
A costly draft pick for my fantasy team. Ended up with Grubauer and Varlamov somehow - I'm liking the look of the Avs this year, need them to carry me for goalie stats this year!
Varlamov is playing well so far. Just cross your fingers that he stays healthy.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
You beat me to it. The Pens havent been good so far and Murray had been flat out brutal.
The Pens will be fine. They’ve added Jack Jackson to fix the defense. They were also able to lock him up for 5 years.

Todos a la Calle

Mar 30, 2015
Mexico City
If the habs can limit the pens to 1 goal, maybe they are onto something. Might be nice if we could do that instead of getting into a track meet. Was it a case of price playing lights out?

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

So no mention of this high cross check from behind that sends the player face first into the dasher after the whistle? Really NHL? How has Buff not had multiple suspensions by now? Is it the 40lbs of fat that get you leniency because he is a big guy?

Reactions: RandyHolt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->