League News: 2018-19 NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) Vol. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Doug Wilson's record in blockbuster trades is incredible. How does he keep landing players like Karlsson, Thornton, and Burns for so little going the other way?

Wayne Primeau....what a garbage player.....Sturm produced for the Bruins for a long time..and Brad Stuart was a quick castoff. It’s the old quantity rarely outperforms quality.....

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
So in a span of 18 months from last year until next summer Ottawa will have lost

Kyle Turris
Matt Duchene
Erik Karlsson
Dion Phaneuf
Mark Stone
Jack Hughes

in return for basically Josh Norris

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
At least when Pocklington got rid of Gretzky because he was under water, he got back 1 year of 100 points from Jimmy Carson.

Oilers got a Kings ransom for Gretzky:

Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million cash, and the Kings' first-round draft picks in 1989, 1991 and 1993.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
I would certainly poke around a Burakovsky+ for Stone swap, maaaaaaaaaaayyybe an Oshie for Stone swap, if they're seemingly tossing out ridiculous deals. No way the cap would ever work though.

I think he might make Wilson kinda redundant in his new role, but Stone is a hell of a player.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Sharks being two years removed from the Cup finals saw the Caps success and said let's go all in.

Well then they must not have seen how the Caps did it, by finally skipping the big names and going with unproven youth. Granted, EK should help them more than Shat Deuces helped us :ha:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
I would certainly poke around a Burakovsky+ for Stone swap, maaaaaaaaaaayyybe an Oshie for Stone swap, if they're seemingly tossing out ridiculous deals. No way the cap would ever work though.

I think he might make Wilson kinda redundant in his new role, but Stone is a hell of a player.

Kessel worked wonders on Pittsburgh third line, there's nothing wrong with having Stone/Oshie on the third line.

Also now that we lost Beagle I don't think we'll have 3a/3b lines, I think we could see more ice time and responsibility for Eller and the third line.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Oilers got a Kings ransom for Gretzky:

Jimmy Carson, Martin Gelinas, $15 million cash, and the Kings' first-round draft picks in 1989, 1991 and 1993.

Most would agree that back then it wasn’t a King’s ransom for the best of all time. It was just a bunch of stuff with Carson the cherry on top.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I still think the tax angle is somewhat overstated (particularly by Toronto fans, who enjoyed it as their favorite pre-Tavares excuse). You pay the road teams' state taxes for games played on the road. So your home tax rate only applies to 1/2 the season.
Really? So when we play in, say, NYC, it’s considered pay earned there? I didn’t know that.

Blitzkrieg365

Jan 1, 2015
DMV
Anyone else wondering whats up with our 3rd jersey? We are very close to the season now and still nothing. I have been wanting to buy a new jersey for awhile but have been holding out to see what adidas is going to do this year.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Anyone else wondering whats up with our 3rd jersey? We are very close to the season now and still nothing. I have been wanting to buy a new jersey for awhile but have been holding out to see what adidas is going to do this year.

We have the retro jerseys as the 3rd. have for a while? Was White for a spell, now the Red.

I wouldn't be shocked if they used the Blue Outdoor Series jersey again a few times. That would be cool

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Well then they must not have seen how the Caps did it, by finally skipping the big names and going with unproven youth. Granted, EK should help them more than Shat Deuces helped us :ha:

So true, I spilled my coffee on the "Shat Deuces" comment. The youth is the key and always will be. It's going to make the regular season even more fun to watch after that SC run.

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad