Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
He's had a lot of help. the 2011 draft is where he somehow hit gold. Tampa got 5 current NHLers from that draft. That same guy never did anywhere near that kind of job in the 12 years as head of scouting for the Kings. He singlehandedly screwed up the 2003 draft, which when you think about it, was pretty hard to do.
In the 2005 the Kings landed Kopitar and Quick in the same draft.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
A few things I have read that may not seem super significant, but liked hearing:

1. Amadio spent all Summer in LA and worked hard on his training and strength...mentioned he had access to King trainers, etc. :::: I feel he knows he's at a juncture
to step up and do whatever it takes to become a regular. He's excelled at every level and has the tools and ability. Would love for him to be third line fixture.
Seems the Kempe and Iafallo are becoming 3rd line fixture's. Amadio is pretty much a natural center and has excellent playmaking ability and good defensively. I wish Kempe could play wing.
Seems like Iafallo can play all 3 forward spots. I think Amadio would be wasted on line 4. Kudos to Mike and hope he has a breakout year.
2. Brodzinski - read he trained hard as well and dropped some weight to gain some speed. Good move. He was listed at 217 and bet if he was more like 205-210 and gained
a step faster, will only bode well for him. It seems like he must step up and be better than last year. Dropping some weight can only help him. He's built solid.
3. Stevens said Fantenberg trained hard and came into camp in tremendous shape...and mentioned that Oscar now knows what it takes to play in the NHL and also worked
on his game in Ontario and worked hard. That 43 minute game in Vegas he played was pretty stellar and he stepped up. Seems if Forbort is not ready, Oscar will
be able to fill in and should do a good job.

nothing earth shattering, but like hearing such things and can only bode well for the team and competition.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
A few things I have read that may not seem super significant, but liked hearing:

1. Amadio spent all Summer in LA and worked hard on his training and strength...mentioned he had access to King trainers, etc. :::: I feel he knows he's at a juncture
to step up and do whatever it takes to become a regular. He's excelled at every level and has the tools and ability. Would love for him to be third line fixture.
Seems the Kempe and Iafallo are becoming 3rd line fixture's. Amadio is pretty much a natural center and has excellent playmaking ability and good defensively. I wish Kempe could play wing.
Seems like Iafallo can play all 3 forward spots. I think Amadio would be wasted on line 4. Kudos to Mike and hope he has a breakout year.

I am a huge fan of Amadio's game. While he is not dynamic in his skating, he does so many little things well. He is constantly getting his stick on the puck defensively and disrupting the other team, can carry the puck into the offensive zone on the rush and has excellent passing vision. His hockey IQ is very high. I saw some photos just prior to the season of him in street clothes and he has put on a lot of muscle in his upper body. I still think he is by far the most underrated player on many of the Kings fan boards. I've seen him play live so many times. It's the little things he does that many don't notice. He needs to shoot more as he can score, and his face off skills need to improve. He also struggled on face offs in the AHL. I'm sure he's putting in time with Stoll, and maybe being stronger will help (although I have shook his hand before and he has a heck of a grip). It would be a shame if for waiver purposes (he doesn't have to clear) or CAP savings if they decided to send him to ONT. He has nothing to prove at the AHL level, and many forget he is the same age as Kempe.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm pretty sure Tampa never had a coach who would "scare the scoring right out of them" as someone in the media once said of Sutter. Imagine if Brayden Point missed a check or tried to create a scoring chance and failed, then get benched for 2 weeks?

if they had sutter would they have more playoff success though? Dude's system works for playoff hockey,

Reactions: yankeeking

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
So if the plan is to have Phaneuf/LaDue together does that mean we have to suffer through Muzzin/Martinez?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Any Vilardi updates or is he still slugging around on his walker?

I hope JAD makes the team. Looks ready all The time. Current core can't wait too long

Dexter Sinister

Sep 26, 2015
Idahizzle

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
Is the game being broadcast anywhere tonight? Doubting it, but figured I'd ask.
Getting a Kings preseason game broadcast is like catching Halley's comet. This is embarrassing considering that Ottawa is streaming their preseason games.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I am a huge fan of Amadio's game. While he is not dynamic in his skating, he does so many little things well. He is constantly getting his stick on the puck defensively and disrupting the other team, can carry the puck into the offensive zone on the rush and has excellent passing vision. His hockey IQ is very high. I saw some photos just prior to the season of him in street clothes and he has put on a lot of muscle in his upper body. I still think he is by far the most underrated player on many of the Kings fan boards. I've seen him play live so many times. It's the little things he does that many don't notice. He needs to shoot more as he can score, and his face off skills need to improve. He also struggled on face offs in the AHL. I'm sure he's putting in time with Stoll, and maybe being stronger will help (although I have shook his hand before and he has a heck of a grip). It would be a shame if for waiver purposes (he doesn't have to clear) or CAP savings if they decided to send him to ONT. He has nothing to prove at the AHL level, and many forget he is the same age as Kempe.

Big amadio fan too and it looked like his confidence was just growing last year, which would be consistent with his growth patterns across the leagues . He's good enough offensively to get PP2 time already too. Big fan of his board play. He's a keeper for sure.

Getting a Kings preseason game broadcast is like catching Halley's comet. This is embarrassing considering that Ottawa is streaming their preseason games.

To be fair those are the only games Ottawa fans will watch at this point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad