Status
Not open for further replies.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I hope we see a bottom 6 of

Iaffalo-Kempe-Etem/Lewis
Etem/Lewis-Amadio-Brodz

Etem has some amazing numbers even in the AHL I just think he was never given the opportunity and injuries took its toll on him. Might be a good pickup for us

Well the biggest knock on Etem is his board play and that he's soft scared to get hit. His approach to the game did him in. Not a lack of skill.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think it's crazy that some of you are penciling in Etem for scoring 3 goals in a Kings vs Kings charity game.

Lets see what he can do in the pre-season first. After being let go in the AHL last year (Not able to crack Arizona's line-up) he put up zero points in Europe.

FWIW he was coming off knee injury AND surgery and as per Dillman/The Athletic he blew up his calf in Switzerland.

I'm not penciling him in by any means but if those were the reasons his play dipped (and added to his consistency issues) then giving a desperate guy a chance is a good swing to take particularly given he could be a 13th/14th forward if nothing else.

BrettM

Oct 3, 2017
Well the biggest knock on Etem is his board play and that he's soft scared to get hit. His approach to the game did him in. Not a lack of skill.

Haven't been privy to a lick of the action, but is there any chance whatsoever that Austin Wagner can factor into a bottom six position? That speed is world class and he would instantly excel on the PK.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Haven't been privy to a lick of the action, but is there any chance whatsoever that Austin Wagner can factor into a bottom six position? That speed is world class and he would instantly excel on the PK.

As of now he's an extreme longshot for this year imo. Probably be breaking in in the next year or two

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
0-3 in Arizona, 0-1 in LA.
Kings hockey is back!
laOI3U4.jpg

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just the pre-season!
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just the first 41 games!
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just the month of March!
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just game 81!
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just the draft!
OMG can you guys just calm down, it's just hockey!

Reactions: King Trouty

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
if you lose against arizona in 2017
then you lose against arizona in pre-season 2018
and then you lose against Arizona in 2018 during the season

there might be a correlation, so no Mr Jesus you're always completely off, but you do act well in portraying yourself as someone smarter than whoever your target is

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

there might be a correlation, so no Mr Jesus you're always completely off, but you do act well in portraying yourself as someone smarter than whoever your target is

Was more of a general observation but hey

We were 2-0-2 vs. Arizona in 2017-2018 for a .750 points percentage, which is absolutely not worth complaining about.
We might lose in the preseason split-f***ing-squad game, which might be the absolute dumbest reason to complain about hockey.
Actually no it's the second dumbest, you're complaining we're going to lose games we haven't even played yet.

Wasn't targeting you but if the shoe fits...guess you've got a closet full after that fact-less tangent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jason Squirties

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Seems like both games are special teams fests.

Annoying that the Kovalchuk PP can't come through, but hard to practice hockey when all you have is 20 minutes in penalties.

Reactions: King Trouty

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
i see it as a perfect opportunity for guys like LaDue, Fantenberg, Brickley, Clague, Moverare, MacDermid all battle it up for that vacant spot left by Phaneuf if worst case something has happened to him

i like our D depth

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

That was a pretty good diss

Regardless tho, Kings always get bent by the coyotes in preseason it seems

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
i see it as a perfect opportunity for guys like LaDue, Fantenberg, Brickley, Clague, Moverare, MacDermid all battle it up for that vacant spot left by Phaneuf if worst case something has happened to him

i like our D depth

We have redundancies up the wazoo for sure. We can lose pretty much anyone but Doughty and be ok for at least a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad