Rumor: 2018-19 Kings News/Rumors/Tidbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Didn’t work his last season in the playoffs....not even a little bit.

They weren't playing that system in the playoffs. Whether it was Carter, Toffoli, Forbort, Muzzin, or Doughty for a game, all they wanted to do was hang around until the last minute. There were a few spurts of actual playoff hockey, but nothing consistent. It was hope Quick saves everything, and maybe we'll sneak one by Fleury. They weren't ready to play playoff hockey of any kind.

Edit: Oops, wrong year, read that wrong, haha. Still, they played the same way in 2016.

mbar

Dec 7, 2006
Los Angeles
so with the move to iheartradio and off of AM, what happens to Kings Talk? I didn't see a mention of it in any of the tweets about the move to the internet.

EDIT - never mind, I'm blind, they still will have KingsTalk.

Whew.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
A few things I have read that may not seem super significant, but liked hearing:

1. Amadio spent all Summer in LA and worked hard on his training and strength...mentioned he had access to King trainers, etc. :::: I feel he knows he's at a juncture
to step up and do whatever it takes to become a regular. He's excelled at every level and has the tools and ability. Would love for him to be third line fixture.
Seems the Kempe and Iafallo are becoming 3rd line fixture's. Amadio is pretty much a natural center and has excellent playmaking ability and good defensively. I wish Kempe could play wing.
Seems like Iafallo can play all 3 forward spots. I think Amadio would be wasted on line 4. Kudos to Mike and hope he has a breakout year.
2. Brodzinski - read he trained hard as well and dropped some weight to gain some speed. Good move. He was listed at 217 and bet if he was more like 205-210 and gained
a step faster, will only bode well for him. It seems like he must step up and be better than last year. Dropping some weight can only help him. He's built solid.
3. Stevens said Fantenberg trained hard and came into camp in tremendous shape...and mentioned that Oscar now knows what it takes to play in the NHL and also worked
on his game in Ontario and worked hard. That 43 minute game in Vegas he played was pretty stellar and he stepped up. Seems if Forbort is not ready, Oscar will
be able to fill in and should do a good job.

nothing earth shattering, but like hearing such things and can only bode well for the team and competition.

Thanks for the write-up -- good stuff.

Reactions: King Trouty

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Any Vilardi updates or is he still slugging around on his walker?

I hope JAD makes the team. Looks ready all The time. Current core can't wait too long

Well...the Mayor just made a #MayorRuling that JAD will NOT make the team...SO, that means he probably will make the team!

For the JAD lovers, let me make this perfectly clear (and please just pin the tweet), you don't need to tweet me everyday with the 'Will he make the team?' question. No. Anderson-Dolan will not make the LA Kings opening night roster this season. #MayorRuling

Reactions: Sol

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Well...the Mayor just made a #MayorRuling that JAD will NOT make the team...SO, that means he probably will make the team!

For the JAD lovers, let me make this perfectly clear (and please just pin the tweet), you don't need to tweet me everyday with the 'Will he make the team?' question. No. Anderson-Dolan will not make the LA Kings opening night roster this season. #MayorRuling

I'm gonna agree with Hoven on this one. The odds are very slim. I think Rosen even said in an estimate between 1 and 5% chance. Unless there are trades or injuries to fill, there really isn't a spot. I suppose he could take Vilardi's roster spot and play a few games, but my guess is he would spend more time scratched than playing. He just turned 19 last week, he's still filling out and getting stronger. He will likely compete for a roster spot next season. He can join the Reign again at the end of the year. He's the perfect guy you wish could play in the AHL now, but that CHL / NHL roster agreement is just a killer for guys like JAD.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland

Who the f*** is asking the mayor anything?

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

Can we take it to the bank?

That is the 10000 dollar question.

As far as JAD maybe he gets 9 games if they think his camp was lights out. I just don't want them to Oscar Moller him.

I agree but I also think if they think he's ready then they shouldn't wait cause time is against the core.

I like Amadio, but since Thompson is on the roster for another year, I see Amadio taking over for Thompson next year.

I didn't really like Thompson. He didn't really show anything at all. I like Amadio a lot and think he can take a step up.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Thompson is statistically the worst forward in the NHL the last 3 seasons that still has a job. I'm paraphrasing, but it's pretty much what was said in the Kings season preview the other day on the Athletic.
It's crazy because he still managed 20ish points and was decent on the faceoff dot (from memory) but he's ungodly slow and he wasnt physical like I was expecting. I'd waive him in a heartbeat.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
It's crazy because he still managed 20ish points and was decent on the faceoff dot (from memory) but he's ungodly slow and he wasnt physical like I was expecting. I'd waive him in a heartbeat.

Yeah, he's good in the dot. That 1.65 million dollar salary is the issue. The fact that Clifford-Amadio-Brodzinski have been skating all camp as a unit might bode well for them though.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Yeah, he's good in the dot. That 1.65 million dollar salary is the issue. The fact that Clifford-Amadio-Brodzinski have been skating all camp as a unit might bode well for them though.

I was thinking he's going to be one of the guys--likely like Amadio, Brodz--that gets 40ish games, rotates in and out.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I agree but I also think if they think he's ready then they shouldn't wait cause time is against the core.

Who does JAD beat out though, Brodzinski? He's better off destroying Juniors than slow-playing 10 minutes a night imo. Though I respect it's just a different philosophy as he's certainly offensively talented enough for PP2 and smart enough to rotate up and down the lineup (like Trevor Lewis). Maybe the org feels he's better served long term by physically developing even more and utterly destroying juniors.

Though watching him this preseason, man, it's gonna be hard to keep him off the roster. He may be one of those surprises who makes you waive someone.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Who does JAD beat out though, Brodzinski? He's better off destroying Juniors than slow-playing 10 minutes a night imo. Though I respect it's just a different philosophy as he's certainly offensively talented enough for PP2 and smart enough to rotate up and down the lineup (like Trevor Lewis). Maybe the org feels he's better served long term by physically developing even more and utterly destroying juniors.

Though watching him this preseason, man, it's gonna be hard to keep him off the roster. He may be one of those surprises who makes you waive someone.

I respect that perspective, but I'm just leaning towards helping the team be the best it can be. have to admit, I haven't seen a player like JAD stand out so much more than his peers in God knows how long.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I respect that perspective, but I'm just leaning towards helping the team be the best it can be. have to admit, I haven't seen a player like JAD stand out so much more than his peers in God knows how long.

Totally agree, just trying to figure out if it's because the Kings' prospects are that bad or JAD is that good, haha. Guess we'll find out tonight!

Not that he didn't show well last year too, he was a surprise then, so any step forward means he's a monster now.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Totally agree, just trying to figure out if it's because the Kings' prospects are that bad or JAD is that good, haha. Guess we'll find out tonight!

Not that he didn't show well last year too, he was a surprise then, so any step forward means he's a monster now.

Haha me too, I was like maybe they're just that bad. But when you compare the top prospects we've had like Pearson,Toffoli, and Kempe. Even they didn't stand out anywhere close to the amount he is. Kings really need good luck.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I follow Thompson on Instagram and he has spent all summer with his wedding - doesn’t look like he’s been doing much training. If Amadio has been killing it this summer (which is what I read) that means Thompson is doomed.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
I hope we see a bottom 6 of

Iaffalo-Kempe-Etem/Lewis
Etem/Lewis-Amadio-Brodz

Etem has some amazing numbers even in the AHL I just think he was never given the opportunity and injuries took its toll on him. Might be a good pickup for us

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Thompson is statistically the worst forward in the NHL the last 3 seasons that still has a job. I'm paraphrasing, but it's pretty much what was said in the Kings season preview the other day on the Athletic.
Not sure how true that statement is.

He was one of the league leaders in face off percentage (57%) and put 17 points.

Also take a look, Andreoff playing on the 2nd line.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I hope we see a bottom 6 of

Iaffalo-Kempe-Etem/Lewis
Etem/Lewis-Amadio-Brodz

Etem has some amazing numbers even in the AHL I just think he was never given the opportunity and injuries took its toll on him. Might be a good pickup for us
I think it's crazy that some of you are penciling in Etem for scoring 3 goals in a Kings vs Kings charity game.

Lets see what he can do in the pre-season first. After being let go in the AHL last year (Not able to crack Arizona's line-up) he put up zero points in Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad