Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
guessing the thought is why risk an injury to him when this season is meaningless. we should not be going for the playoffs and all Gibson does is make our chances at a higher pick worse. so i can see why people would want him (and Getz) to just be shutdown for the season.

yup exactly; playing for what at this point - pride? because even if gibby plays lights out, why bother ruining your chances at a higher draft pick when it's already a lost season unfortunately? not to mention risking another injury to the franchise goalie - just shut him down and let miller and boyle play it out

the end game is long, not short

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
yup exactly; playing for what at this point - pride? because even if gibby plays lights out, why bother ruining your chances at a higher draft pick when it's already a lost season unfortunately? not to mention risking another injury to the franchise goalie - just shut him down and let miller and boyle play it out

Hey John, I know you're cleared to play and the CBA prevents me from pretending you're not healthy, so I'm just going to healthy scratch you the rest of the way, okay? I know that means you won't have played competitive hockey for about 8 months and it's a slap in the face to you, your teammates, our opponents, the league, and the fans, but I was hoping to move from picking 6th to picking 4th or so. Theeenks.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
Hey John, I know you're cleared to play and the CBA prevents me from pretending you're not healthy, so I'm just going to healthy scratch you the rest of the way, okay? I know that means you won't have played competitive hockey for about 8 months and it's a slap in the face to you, your teammates, our opponents, the league, and the fans, but I was hoping to move from picking 6th to picking 4th or so. Theeenks.

It's not even possible from what I understand. I'm pretty sure Boyle was an emergency call-up since Gibson and Johnson were both on IR and Miller was recently also. The league isn't gonna let the Ducks keep him up any longer that that 'emergency' status can be justified. So basically the second Gibson is cleared to play he's gonna be back in the lineup.

Whether he starts most every game the rest of the way or is in more of a 50/50 split with Miller is a different story, but he's definitely not getting sat out for a month for tank reasons like some people want to believe.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA

Yes, let's piss off your elite starting goalie by not playing just so you can tank. That's a great way to get him out of here

Reactions: Deuce22

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Shutting down players who are pretty banged up (ie Getzlaf) makes sense given his age and injury struggles this year.

No need to shut down Gibson though, you can have him split starts with Miller the rest of the way if you really want but otherwise Gibson has actually proven pretty damn durable the last couple of years. If the reasoning to shutting him down is that he 'could' get injured, why not just shut down every single important player? I mean they could get injured too.

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Yes, let's piss off your elite starting goalie by not playing just so you can tank. That's a great way to get him out of here

come on with the hyperbole, everyone knows he's not going anywhere.. alright don't shut him down completely then, but sprinkle his starts around for the rest of the season; that better?

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
I think the reasonable position is to play Gibson/Miller something like 60/40. Pissing off a competitive guy like Gibson who wants to play in order to (possibly) move up a spot or two in the draft isn't worth it IMO.

Pennaduck

Aug 17, 2016
Pennsylvania
I think the reasonable position is to play Gibson/Miller something like 60/40. Pissing off a competitive guy like Gibson who wants to play in order to (possibly) move up a spot or two in the draft isn't worth it IMO.

Yeah, and not giving Miller some starts down the stretch when he is playing for a new contract isn't a good look either, especially if the plan is to bring him back. 60/40 seems pretty fair. There's 18 games left including 3 back-to-back games. Miller should get 6-8 games and the rest should be Gibson's starts.

Reactions: Deuce22

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
come on with the hyperbole, everyone knows he's not going anywhere.. alright don't shut him down completely then, but sprinkle his starts around for the rest of the season; that better?
So you don't think holding a competitive guy like Gibson out, just to better your draft position won't piss him off? Whether you, lose every game the rest of the way people, like it or not, if he's healthy he's gonna play and start the majority of the games left. Hell, I've seen people say to shut down Cam, Lindholm and Manson for the tank. Get over this crap. It's gotten more than annoying and has pissed off multiple people on this board. At least with Getzlaf, there is a legit reason to shut him down.

Happy to see Gibson is back and healthy. They haven't had their tandem together since what, mid December?

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
Anyone have an idea how long Ritchie is out? Have him in my fantasy pool and need him back

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Parros is that idiot so unsure of himself that screws the ducks to show he’s not biased.

Must have got in Princeton on some kind of program

Reactions: ohcomeonref
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad