Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Watkins is a back/spine guy. That sounds more serious than "muscle spasms". But it certainly does make sense to maybe shut him down if they really don't know what is going on. There is no reason on earth to play him under those circumstances.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Watkins is a back/spine guy. That sounds more serious than "muscle spasms". But it certainly does make sense to maybe shut him down if they really don't know what is going on. There is no reason on earth to play him under those circumstances.
Herniated or bulging discs can cause muscle spasms as the nerves get impinged. It's not great but if he herniated it he would have known and not been playing at all.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Herniated or bulging discs can cause muscle spasms as the nerves get impinged. It's not great but if he herniated it he would have known and not been playing at all.
I’d just be concerned that this is the same ongoing issue. He seems to always miss a few games throughout the last couple of years to the mysterious UBI. If it’s been the same problem, that could be serious. Not that we’ll ever get told anything. LoL

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
You have to be kidding me

LMAO, our injury luck over the last 3 seasons has been an absolute gongshow. What a huge blow for the Gulls' Calder Cup run as well; I feel for the fans down there.

Of course it was Giordano, too, because why not #notmyNorrisTrophyvote

KickHisAssZegrass

Sponsor
Nov 18, 2005
Portland, OR
I've never heard of someone breaking their tibia blocking a shot... Not even sure how that's possible unless his shinpads were completely cracked prior

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Ahh shit that’s bad. With broken tibias you’re talking 3 months minumum and up to 6 months in some cases.

Hoping he’s good to go for next season.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I've never heard of someone breaking their tibia blocking a shot... Not even sure how that's possible unless his shinpads were completely cracked prior

It seemed to hit him in the area right above his boot & below the pad. Just a lucky/unlucky shot.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Whole summer of development gone.

SMH.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LOL at this team's awful luck with injuries

he'll most likely be ready for next season but he won't be where he could've been at because of this injury essentially taking away his entire offseason

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

If he takes 10 weeks that will put him around the middle of June. That isn't apoplectic, he'll be ok.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
That’s probably as good a news as you could hope for. That gives him around 2 months of activity heading into training camp. That’s not much different than if he had a healthy offseason, since most guys stay off the ice for a while in the summer.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

Also this. So yeah, I agree that this is the best news we could hope for after hearing it was a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad