Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Apparently eaves does NOT have Guillain-Barre after all. The doctor's aren't sure what he had, only that he no longer has it.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Crazy medical shit these days. Sounds somewhat similar to what happened to my best friend's mom. She almost died, and all the doctors could say was "a virus attacked her organs" and now it's gone. Luckily for Eaves, sounds like there was no permanent damage, which isn't always the case as I've found out. If he comes back from this to be even slightly productive, he's a lock for the Masterton after what he's gone through.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
Crazy medical **** these days. Sounds somewhat similar to what happened to my best friend's mom. She almost died, and all the doctors could say was "a virus attacked her organs" and now it's gone. Luckily for Eaves, sounds like there was no permanent damage, which isn't always the case as I've found out. If he comes back from this to be even slightly productive, he's a lock for the Masterton after what he's gone through.
Something similar happened to my father in law. They thought he had ms. They never figured it out but he is okay.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ducks vs Angels in terms of injuries/illnesses
Ducks: Eaves has a deadly virus, recovers completely cause he never had it actually.
Angels: Kendry Morales breaks his leg celebrating a HR, misses basicly 2 whole seasons.
Ducks: Pronger breaks jaw but is back in a few weeks.
Angels: insert random name pitcher has forearm tightness, day to day......then has Tommy John surgery.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Ducks vs Angels in terms of injuries/illnesses
Ducks: Eaves has a deadly virus, recovers completely cause he never had it actually.
Angels: Kendry Morales breaks his leg celebrating a HR, misses basicly 2 whole seasons.
Ducks: Pronger breaks jaw but is back in a few weeks.
Angels: insert random name pitcher has forearm tightness, day to day......then has Tommy John surgery.
The Angels make the Ducks look like the healthiest team in pro sports. There's what.....10 Angels or something stupid on the DL at the moment :laugh:

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The Angels make the Ducks look like the healthiest team in pro sports. There's what.....10 Angels or something stupid on the DL at the moment :laugh:
:) Yes even with the Ducks being the most injury prone NHL team last year. A Duck has some kind of serious injury & he's back ahead of schedule like Lindholm, if it was an Angel you add an extra 6 weeks to 6 months to when they say when they'll be back.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
even worse, 12 was the last count, but Ohtani might be coming back in the next few weeks, so that's promising. Started batting practice again, but probably wont pitch again this season.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
So, I've been really out of the loop on the whole Kesler thing. Can anyone give me a run-down on what we know and what is being speculated based on which information?

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
So, I've been really out of the loop on the whole Kesler thing. Can anyone give me a run-down on what we know and what is being speculated based on which information?
All that's really happened is Elliotte Friedman said awhile back that there is a good chance Kesler will not play next year to rehab his hip, then Bob Murray said Friedman has no clue what he's talking about.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I also had a head scratching moment about the whole ''Kesler might skip all season'' thing. But I didn`t saw or hear any BM comments on that thing, can anyone give me an advice?

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I also had a head scratching moment about the whole ''Kesler might skip all season'' thing. But I didn`t saw or hear any BM comments on that thing, can anyone give me an advice?

Murray did make some comments in an athletic article about Kesler a few weeks back. He was very non commital about whether Kesler will play next year although he did mention Kesler did say he’s getting better. He also said that didn’t necessarily mean he would be back on the ice and that he would have to do right by him and his family.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I spoke with my guy in the Ducks and he said Kesler is skating and he would be very surprised if he didnt play this year but he doesnt have concrete info that Kesler is for sure playing. He will know more shortly. I will post more when I hear more.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I’ve also heard that barring any setbacks or new injuries popping up during his training that Kesler will be ready to play before the season opener.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I guess my issue was he was supposedly "ready" to play during last season and he looked like he was dragging a dead leg around the ice during games. I hope that is not the scenario we are looking at for him this year.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
With henrique at center we really have no need to push kesler's minutes.

I'd probably go the Beauch route with him as well and sit him on back to backs, but his personality might not allow for that.

When with Kesler in the lineup this season is a good opportunity for one of our young centers to step in and play more than a typical bottom six center might on this team in previous years.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I guess my issue was he was supposedly "ready" to play during last season and he looked like he was dragging a dead leg around the ice during games. I hope that is not the scenario we are looking at for him this year.

I don’t think Kesler would be coming back if he was going to be playing at the same level as last year. He isn’t going to come back if he’s going to be a shell of his former self.

I’m not expecting the 58 point Kesler of two years ago but I think 35-45 points while being good defensively is a realistic expectation.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I don’t think Kesler would be coming back if he was going to be playing at the same level as last year. He isn’t going to come back if he’s going to be a shell of his former self.

I’m not expecting the 58 point Kesler of two years ago but I think 35-45 points while being good defensively is a realistic expectation.

I sure as hell hope that his tweet is somehow a foreshadowing that he is going to resemble more the old Kesler as opposed to last seasons'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad