Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I'm thinking Ryan Miller sees more starts than Kevin Boyle. Especially with 4 games next week all spread out with a night off in between, I can see Miller starting in all 4. As for tonight I see Miller going in net vs Calgary and Boyle tomorrow vs Edmonton. Thoughts?

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Is Ryan Miller hurting?

Ryan Miller is nursing some type of ailment and his status for Monday night's game against Vancouver is unclear.

Miller was the first goalie off the ice at the morning skate, but that may been because of the injury problem. If he can't play then Kevin Boyle will start versus the Canucks.
More: Eric Stephens on Twitter
(Rotoworld.com)

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
According to hazy, Gibson has been dealing with headaches, they pulled his wisdom teeth and he's been feeling better and has resumed skating on his own

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
I think they mentioned in a couple of the broadcasts not long ago that Getz was having some issues with his back.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
They need to shut him down then. We arent playing for anything anymore.

Has this franchise ever done that? I guess it's been a long ass time since we've been this bad.

Reactions: Getzmonster

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
They need to shut him down then. We arent playing for anything anymore.

Has this franchise ever done that? I guess it's been a long ass time since we've been this bad.
I'm hoping that's what's coming seeing as Steel has been called back up.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm hoping that's what's coming seeing as Steel has been called back up.
It's doubtful because I don't think Getzlaf would agree to it, especially with Kesler willing to kill himself to be out there. They should both be shut down.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
They've done that before with Getz. His ankle or something, last time we missed the playoffs.
It must have been in 2010, he played in only 66 games that year. In 2012 he played in all 82.

I cannot for the life of me remember that 2010 season. I thought this would be only the second time Getzlaf and Perry haven't been in the playoffs, but its the third.

Reactions: The Baffled King

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Kesler should do that hip surgery and come back from LTIR next January/February... Didnt they say he was going to rehab it throughout the year? Mind as well sit him since we want to lose, and he mind as well perform the surgery so we can place him on LTIR and save the cap space for a 1 year rental centerman. I can't beleive we have 3 more years on him....what a horrible extension by Murrary.

Gibson and Getzlaf should both sit out the rest of the year as well. Doesn't hurt to sit Hampus/Cam/Manson the rest of the year too and give those games to Welinski/Megna/Guhle. We should get ZERO points from the remaining 19 games.

It must be so hard as a player and fan to know we are purposely tanking. Mind as well sign some goons to make it entertaining for the fans and to let the Ducks take out frustration on oppenents... especially rivals like Johansen/Benn/Doughty, etc.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
It must have been in 2010, he played in only 66 games that year. In 2012 he played in all 82.

I cannot for the life of me remember that 2010 season. I thought this would be only the second time Getzlaf and Perry haven't been in the playoffs, but its the third.
Yeah i can remember most seasons but the 'Niedermayer goodbye' season is missing in my memory.
I can remember the 1999-2000 game i went to but not that 2009-10 season.
The draft pick the Ducks had i felt they wouldn't get anyone good but then some dumb teams kept passing on Fowler in favor of players like Gudbranson, McIllrath & Campbell.
Its funny in todays NHL a guy like Fowler would be taken sooner than a Gudbranson based on Skill + Speed being bigger priority over brute strength & size with guys like Gudbranson.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006

Yeah it was 2010, he missed the past 10 or so games. That was the year he almost missed the Olympics due to that ankle injury, it was giving him issues for a decent amount of the season.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Glass is on an AHL deal, so he's staying down there. The Gulls don't play until Saturday so maybe they just needed another goalie for practice or something.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
Kesler should do that hip surgery and come back from LTIR next January/February... Didnt they say he was going to rehab it throughout the year? Mind as well sit him since we want to lose, and he mind as well perform the surgery so we can place him on LTIR and save the cap space for a 1 year rental centerman. I can't beleive we have 3 more years on him....what a horrible extension by Murrary.

Gibson and Getzlaf should both sit out the rest of the year as well. Doesn't hurt to sit Hampus/Cam/Manson the rest of the year too and give those games to Welinski/Megna/Guhle. We should get ZERO points from the remaining 19 games.

It must be so hard as a player and fan to know we are purposely tanking. Mind as well sign some goons to make it entertaining for the fans and to let the Ducks take out frustration on oppenents... especially rivals like Johansen/Benn/Doughty, etc.

To be fair the Kesler extension was a no-brainer at the time. Maybe a year to long, but he did finish second in a selke voting not long ago and was a vital part of our core.

Reactions: The Baffled King
Oct 18, 2011
'We’re going to change this team' -- Why the trade...

“You can’t make some of this stuff up,” Murray said. “I’m sorry. Some of the things happen with this hockey team, it’s just ridiculous. I don’t think Millsy’s long-term. Getzy, I have no idea. It does not appear to be getting any better."

Getzlaf's injury doesn't appear to be day to day.
Isn't there rumors the owners shot down the previous trainers request for what they needed, and that person quit?

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Redmond sent back to San Diego.

Not sure why Gibby isn't getting shutdown for the rest of the season, but this must mean he's getting close to returning to the lineup.

ducks8

Mar 27, 2009
Riverside CA
Redmond sent back to San Diego.

Not sure why Gibby isn't getting shutdown for the rest of the season, but this must mean he's getting close to returning to the lineup.
Why does he need to be shutdown? This crap drives me insane. They found the cause of his headaches and fixed it. It wasn't a concussion, it was his wisdom teeth after he got rocked by Megna. Good chance he's back Friday, whether that's back up or starting

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Why does he need to be shutdown? This crap drives me insane. They found the cause of his headaches and fixed it. It wasn't a concussion, it was his wisdom teeth after he got rocked by Megna. Good chance he's back Friday, whether that's back up or starting
guessing the thought is why risk an injury to him when this season is meaningless. we should not be going for the playoffs and all Gibson does is make our chances at a higher pick worse. so i can see why people would want him (and Getz) to just be shutdown for the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad