Injury Report: 2018-19 Injury Report - Where’s Kesler?

Who plays more games as a Duck this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That's really interesting. I was at practice yesterday and Hampus did not dress. He showed up during practice and looked fine. After practice RC was giving a media interview. Stephens specifically asked him about Hampus not dressing and RC specifically told him it was just a maintenance day. I didn't know players Hampus' age got or needed maintenance days. :dunno:

This team must be among the worst in the league at disclosing injuries. I get that disclosing what is wrong with certain players can give opponents an advantage but fans who are paying to see the games have a right to know whose going to be in the lineup. Hampus is about the 5th or 6th injury we’ve had this season that hasn’t even been mentioned by the team until he actually doesn’t dress.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I’m starting to think the Ducks medical staff all needs to be fired. Or is RC running them into the ground during camp like he has been known to do causing all these injuries?

The Ducks and the Angels might have the worst medical staffs in both their respective sports!!!

Oct 18, 2011
I’m starting to think the Ducks medical staff all needs to be fired. Or is RC running them into the ground during camp like he has been known to do causing all these injuries?

The Ducks and the Angels might have the worst medical staffs in both their respective sports!!!
This shit has been happening since at least BB last year here

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
This team must be among the worst in the league at disclosing injuries. I get that disclosing what is wrong with certain players can give opponents an advantage but fans who are paying to see the games have a right to know whose going to be in the lineup. Hampus is about the 5th or 6th injury we’ve had this season that hasn’t even been mentioned by the team until he actually doesn’t dress.
I asked ES to ask Randy for a status update on Cam, since we were told we would have one after the Friday surgery. I don’t think he asked, but I asked him if he got an answer and he said the team would probably have one on Monday. He made a weak excuse for why we didn’t get one Friday.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I asked ES to ask Randy for a status update on Cam, since we were told we would have one after the Friday surgery. I don’t think he asked, but I asked him if he got an answer and he said the team would probably have one on Monday. He made a weak excuse for why we didn’t get one Friday.

I believe the Teaford tweet explains it all. Sometimes, you have to let things heal a bit before having a proper assessment of the recovery. I recall a player getting a routine back surgery, but it ended up costing him a whole season.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Rowney apparently practiced today and there’s no timetable on Lindholms return as per Teafords article in the OCR.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Rowney apparently practiced today and there’s no timetable on Lindholms return as per Teafords article in the OCR.
From that article:
"Sunday, Carlyle included four rookies in his lineup against the Avalanche and he’s likely to play Jacob Larsson, Josh Mahura, Marcus Pettersson and Andy Welinski again in Wednesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks at Honda Center.
The last time the Ducks played four rookies on their blue line was the final game of the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season, when Milos Holan, Oleg Tverdovsky, Darren Van Impe and Jason York played together in a 6-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs."
I remember that game. Pretty sure Damian Rhodes was in net. I was certain that win was a sign of good things to come. Yikes.

Edit: also the dying Carlyle hates rookies narrative is hopefully thoroughly dead now. If there ever was a game where veterans could have played over the rookies, that was it. But no Schenn. No Sustr.

Reactions: Paul4587 and Elvs

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
From that article:
"Sunday, Carlyle included four rookies in his lineup against the Avalanche and he’s likely to play Jacob Larsson, Josh Mahura, Marcus Pettersson and Andy Welinski again in Wednesday’s game against the Vancouver Canucks at Honda Center.
The last time the Ducks played four rookies on their blue line was the final game of the lockout-shortened 1994-95 season, when Milos Holan, Oleg Tverdovsky, Darren Van Impe and Jason York played together in a 6-1 victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs."
I remember that game. Pretty sure Damian Rhodes was in net. I was certain that win was a sign of good things to come. Yikes.

Edit: also the dying Carlyle hates rookies narrative is hopefully thoroughly dead now. If there ever was a game where veterans could have played over the rookies, that was it. But no Schenn. No Sustr.

I'm not saying RC doesn't like rookies, but playing a San Diego blue line probably wasn't his by design. We released/waived both Sustr and Schenn. That's not RC's call. That's Bob's call. Although both Sustr and Schenn's play probably dictated not to play themselves at the NHL level early, Bob made sure that they won't be playing at the NHL club level with the Ducks and the option to possibly play them was taken out of RC's hands.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
apparently it was in a non contact jersey though. I imagine he's still got a while before he's back.

I'm just glad we have some news on him. Him being on the ice means he's a step closer to return. We just don't know how many more steps left is needed to return. On a tangent, I caught a Kings game a few nights ago (b/c nothing else was on) and saw Nate Thompson earn his first goal of the season. He just hustles all the time. He was a good get for us when he was here - a nice, dependable fourth line center.

Reactions: Beretta 390
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I'm not saying RC doesn't like rookies, but playing a San Diego blue line probably wasn't his by design. We released/waived both Sustr and Schenn. That's not RC's call. That's Bob's call. Although both Sustr and Schenn's play probably dictated not to play themselves at the NHL level early, Bob made sure that they won't be playing at the NHL club level with the Ducks and the option to possibly play them was taken out of RC's hands.
So, Murray signed them in the hopes that they wouldn't play. Makes sense. He wasn't playing, even over basically every nhl ready rookie we have. Even after Cam's injury. Was literally sent down to get him playing time, not to prevent it.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
So what the hell happened to lindholm? The coaches along with the whole strength and fitness team needs to be gone..

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So, Murray signed them in the hopes that they wouldn't play. Makes sense. He wasn't playing, even over basically every nhl ready rookie we have. Even after Cam's injury. Was literally sent down to get him playing time, not to prevent it.

1. I'm not one to rag on RC about playing rookies. (Apparently, your tone is showing through here.)

2. Murray signed them as a barometer for what we have in San Diego. They're both third pairing d-men that RC was rotating off and on with. They seem both negligible as 6th defensemen. Bob is in charge of the roster and didn't have to waive/release Sustr or Schenn. RC has no final authority there. I just want to make sure you know how the process works. Guess what? Bob made room for the rookies. Waived/Release doesn't mean those players automatically go to the AHL to get time on the ice. We could have lost either of them (too bad we didn't ... did we? That's how indifferent I am of both of them). RC just plays the cards (players) he's given with. With those two no longer on the NHL roster, RC has more rookies to play with. Again, Bob is the one in charge of the roster. RC is in charge of who plays out of the roster Bob gives him.

3. I believe we're on the same page, but coming in from different angles - unless you believe that RC is in charge of the NHL and AHL rosters. If you believe RC is in charge of the AHL and NHL roster, then how we run our organization is run backwards.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Finally something of an injury update (not much but better than nothing):

From Stephens in the athletic:

“Hampus Lindholm missed his third straight game because of a lower-body injury. According to Ducks officials, the injury does not appear to be something that will keep him out long-term and Carlyle said he expects the defenseman to join the club on its trip.

Patrick Eaves will not. Eaves continues to be bothered by back spasms that have sidelined him since Nov. 9. It has been a rough go for the injury-plagued veteran, who didn’t make his season debut until Nov. 1 after recovering from shoulder surgery in March. He has played in only five games.”

KeepItDeep

Jun 19, 2007
Sierra Nevadas
Finally something of an injury update (not much but better than nothing):

From Stephens in the athletic:

“Hampus Lindholm missed his third straight game because of a lower-body injury. According to Ducks officials, the injury does not appear to be something that will keep him out long-term and Carlyle said he expects the defenseman to join the club on its trip.

Patrick Eaves will not. Eaves continues to be bothered by back spasms that have sidelined him since Nov. 9. It has been a rough go for the injury-plagued veteran, who didn’t make his season debut until Nov. 1 after recovering from shoulder surgery in March. He has played in only five games.”

Thanks for that. Like many, I'm not a subscriber, so that info is appreciated.

We need to come up with a nickname for Eaves.

I call him the Glass Pansy anymore in my circle. Seems like a nice guy, but a rabbit hole of injury. He's like the fat guy that gains a couple pounds just walking through the kitchen.

IRzilla?

Reactions: Duck Off

Beretta 390

Jul 22, 2010

I call him the Glass Pansy anymore in my circle. Seems like a nice guy, but a rabbit hole of injury. He's like the fat guy that gains a couple pounds just walking through the kitchen.

IRzilla?
If you had any idea what Eaves has been through you might feel otherwise. Wear his shoes and then call him what you want - until then a little grace and empathy would go a long way.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017

IRzilla?
How is he a pansy if he is getting injured....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad